Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, madwullie said:

Fair fucks. 

It's a fair enough hypothetical though. What other options do we have that will stop the nhs being flooded

The NHS is stretched to almost breaking point every winter, though. After Covid will we just go back to ignoring that and not caring anymore?

9 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Fair fucks. 

It's a fair enough hypothetical though. What other options do we have that will stop the nhs being flooded

It’s a bit of a random interjection to the initial point as we aren’t near that situation at the moment, but happy to have the separate discussion.

If we get to the point of near being overwhelmed then we might need it, but luckily at that moment we aren’t close bar a couple of areas. So in response to Granny my initial point is the same, I don’t see his reasoning for a “full lockdown” now.

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Some talk that WM will impose lockdown on Scotland/Wales by changing it from health legislation to national security which is not devolved

They could say it's National Mourning for Nobby Stiles and Sean Connery. Wales and Ireland will just need to lump it.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe they could sacrifice a Welshman/woman of suitable standing?

One of those rugby guys might do, or the go compare guy.

It'd need to be Tom Jones. No-one else good has come from there. Even their parliament has a statue of Ghandi.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
It'd need to be Tom Jones. No-one else good has come from there. Even their parliament has a statue of Ghandi.

I forgot about Jones, but he has died at least twice before, by the look of him.

Whatever, I forgot some. I'd be willing to sacrifice Shirley Bassey, Ryan Giggs or Gareth Bale, but not John Cale.

31 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Johnson holding a press conference at 4pm today. Lockdown incoming.

Brave of him to go up against the Clyde v Peterhead game.  Almost as if he doesn't want anyone to tune in to hear his latest U-turn.