Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

"lol at these libtard snowflakes triggered by a pandemic ruining lives" is not what I expected at 5pm on a Friday but here we are!

You know that ‘libtard’ is an insult to a person who holds left wing views.

You’re closer to being a Covid denier than you are to being a libtard.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

As far as i know schools can't enforce it with s4-6 pupils either, so it makes no difference.

We've got 2 pupils refusing to wear them, and backed by their parents. No action can be taken against them as their right to an education trumps the mask wearing according to dundee city council.

10 Ways Leprosy Was Nothing Like You Thought - Listverse

Give the two of them the leper bell and uniform, soon put them straight.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

You know that ‘libtard’ is an insult to a person who holds left wing views.

You’re closer to being a Covid denier than you are to being a libtard.

You have nothing constructive to add so going to put you on ignore mate.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Do you 3 genuinely think schools are the main driver of infections, to the point where the october holidays (taken at different times and lasting different lengths across Scotland) has that much impact?

A gentle reminder that roughly 40% of acute cases in England each week can be traced back to education settings, of which ~75% are from schools.

Now schools have closed in Scotland for a bit, and the rise in cases has slowed considerably.

I think it would be slightly unwise to point blank dismiss the possibility of a correlation at the current time.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Just had an email saying the cinema is closing because Glasgow and Lanarkshire are going in to tier 3 when they have been open throughout the ‘circuit break’ but the pubs/restaurants are allowed to open back up (restrictedly)? Seems stupid.

Having a bit of a dilemma about going to the football in Muir of Ord on Saturday, or a couple of pints and a film at the newly opened Eden Court tomorrow. Weather looks a bit iffy. You Central Belters think you have it hard.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s pointless, you’ll have to take me off every time you want to red dot me!

To honest you have become immaterial to the forum, 

enjoy your day. 01:35 when the whole forum told you to do one....I you don't get it your not wif it, f**k off

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

To honest you have become immaterial to the forum, 

enjoy your day. 01:35 when the whole forum told you to do one....I you don't get it your not wif it, f**k off

Not of us are ‘material’ to the forum; you’d have to be right up your own arse to think otherwise.

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Do you 3 genuinely think schools are the main driver of infections, to the point where the october holidays (taken at different times and lasting different lengths across Scotland) has that much impact?

I think based on the evidence we have available it is a bad idea to dismiss it as not being a major contributor as the Scottish Government have done so far - even officially stating schools are “safe” only a few weeks ago.

Theres clearly a range of areas in which the virus can spread, but I think schools are one of the areas contributing to a significant amount of the spread, whilst having a proportionately low level of restrictions placed on them.

I think based on the evidence we have available it is a bad idea to dismiss it as not being a major contributor as the Scottish Government have done so far - even officially stating schools are “safe” only a few weeks ago.
Theres clearly a range of areas in which the virus can spread, but I think schools are one of the areas contributing to a significant amount of the spread, whilst having a proportionately low level of restrictions placed on them.
That's fairly reasonable.

I think looking at the recent decline in transmission from an october holiday point of view is a massive leap though.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not of us are ‘material’ to the forum; you’d have to be right up your own arse to think otherwise.

Cutin your own grass will make a  tired old man.....smokin it will make you poor.

1,angry man.2. who gives a f**k.

55 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I absolutely do not have a better understanding than Leitch on how to handle a pandemic.

I also couldn't kick a ball better than anyone who plays for Falkirk but I can be critical of their performances on the park.

You have more than twice as many posts as me so not sure you can say I respond to every post or that I'm on here constantly without implying the same thing about yourself.

Why the bed sit comment if nothing wrong with living in a bed sit?

I call mine a Studio Apartment

- + - + -

I copied this from a forum I frequent

Both myself and my husband have been suffering from Long Covid for 5 months now... At first the dizzy sick exhaustion and heart rythm fluttering is scary, but the damage it does to your liver function and brain is worse. The joint pain, the loss of mobility and not being able to work will devastate your life plans, hopes and dreams for who even knows how long? I am having to move house to use a wheelchair again. My husband is too ill to care for me, we have so many financial problems we have given up care about it. That's the reality, so many people being drag into a crisis like this. When we caught it, the infection rate was low, they started open everything up, we only had the cough / flu symptoms for about 2 weeks. We don't know if we are going to get any better. All this time people were complaining about wearing a mask or washing hands like it was the end of the world. I would rather wear a mask than use a wheelchair.

Pupils have just been informed - there was a very positive response tbqh - the pupils feel that if Seniors have to wear them then everyone should.

Excellent that school children are more mature and intelligent than a large proportion of society.