Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It's obviously impossible to determine whether the "circuit breaker" or school holidays had the biggest impact as they happened, for the most part, at the same time.

The SG will absolutely claim it was the former, however if they start to climb again now that schools are back, it will be interesting to see how long that line can be maintained.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What would be wrong with living in a bed sit and using the same forum you're posting on?

Nothing wrong living in a bed sit.  Responding to every post, being on here constantly and trying to suggest you have a better understanding than Leitch of how to handle the pandemic is sad.

If you had anything to offer you’d maybe be in position to influence rather than battering a keyboard in tears.

It's obviously impossible to determine whether the "circuit breaker" or school holidays had the biggest impact as they happened, for the most part, at the same time.
The SG will absolutely claim it was the former, however if they start to climb again now that schools are back, it will be interesting to see how long that line can be maintained.
They'll continue to bury their heads in the sand and put the blame elsewhere. The fact that schools remain open in every level of the new framework basically confirms this already.

It's obviously impossible to determine whether the "circuit breaker" or school holidays had the biggest impact as they happened, for the most part, at the same time. The SG will absolutely claim it was the former, however if they start to climb again now that schools are back, it will be interesting to see how long that line can be maintained.

It's a combination of everything tbqh. 

There did seem to be some shift by Swinney today - it's the first time they've really acknowledged that shutting schools (or going to blended learning) is in their contingency plans.

I think it's a step in the right direction - personally I think they should have enforced face mask wearing a lot earlier and across all school age groups in classrooms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54750775

Covid spreading faster in England than 'worst-case prediction', documents show

Covid is spreading "significantly" faster through England than even the government's predicted "worst-case" scenario, documents reveal.
The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) says there are around four times as many people catching Covid than anticipated.
A "reasonable worst-case scenario" is used by officials and the NHS to plan for the months ahead.
It had estimated 85,000 deaths from Covid over the course of winter.
But an official Sage document, dated 14 October and published today, reveals we are in a worse position than expected.

From the Guardian -

UK Covid cases jump by nearly 25,000 as deaths up by 274

The UK has recorded a further 274 coronavirus-related deaths within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Friday. This brings the UK total to 46,229.
Separate figures published by the UK’s statistics agencies for deaths where Covid-19 has been mentioned on the death certificate, together with additional data on deaths that have occurred in recent days, show there have now been 61,000 deaths involving Covid-19 in the UK.
The government said that, as of 9am on Friday, there had been a further 24,405 lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK. It brings the total number of cases in the UK to 989,745.

Birmingham council leader calls for four-week national 'circuit-breaker' lockdown

The Birmingham city council leader, Ian Ward, has called on the government to “immediately” impose a four-week national “circuit-breaker” lockdown.
The city had been widely mooted for a move to tier 3 measures as soon as the end of next week because of rising infection rates.
Ward said:
The problem is the tier system just isn’t working.

Areas in Tier 3 are still seeing rising cases.

He added: “I am of the opinion England needs to follow France, Germany and Wales with a national circuit-breaker as quickly as possible.
“We must not repeat the mistake of last March in not moving soon enough.”

Seems likely the govt will point to cases beginning to level out in the NE of England as back up for sticking with the current system.

They will also be over the moon with predictions that there were 500k folk running about with Covid last week. Marching on towards herd immunity.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I love the way Professor Jason Leitch has taken up residency rent free in the heads of so many sad social media posters none of whom will ever come close to holding such an important and high profile job.

This is more embarrassing than your self-righteous shite about going shopping with your wife in April. Get fucked.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Nothing wrong living in a bed sit.  Responding to every post, being on here constantly and trying to suggest you have a better understanding than Leitch of how to handle the pandemic is sad.

If you had anything to offer you’d maybe be in position to influence rather than battering a keyboard in tears.

I absolutely do not have a better understanding than Leitch on how to handle a pandemic.

I also couldn't kick a ball better than anyone who plays for Falkirk but I can be critical of their performances on the park.

You have more than twice as many posts as me so not sure you can say I respond to every post or that I'm on here constantly without implying the same thing about yourself.

Why the bed sit comment if nothing wrong with living in a bed sit?

How are they going to enforce that?
Your school might want all pupils to wear masks, but the law is going to be S4-S6. How are you going to get the BGE pupils to wear them?
As far as i know schools can't enforce it with s4-6 pupils either, so it makes no difference.

We've got 2 pupils refusing to wear them, and backed by their parents. No action can be taken against them as their right to an education trumps the mask wearing according to dundee city council.

Looks like we are about 3 weeks ahead of rUK and our numbers have dropped over a 2 week period in October. I am baffled by why this could be the case.
Those graphs are a reet puzzler. Can anyone think of anything that might have happened about three weeks ago that could have led to a reduction in transmission and cases? At a loss here.
Keep that head firmly buried in the sand. Absolutely unbelievable refusal to accept the blatantly obvious.
Do you 3 genuinely think schools are the main driver of infections, to the point where the october holidays (taken at different times and lasting different lengths across Scotland) has that much impact?