Coronavirus (COVID-19)

These traffic jams in / out of Paris makes you realise the bypass isn't that bad after all [emoji38]

If you've ever driven on the Peripherique in Paris you'll forever love every road in Scotland and never again complain. I can say with certain honesty that on the day I did it, I was a bawhair away from death about a dozen times.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
6 minutes ago, Szamo said:
200.gif&key=cf1b307b9097d1d765387141f7229f287fad5f15a91adddb1864c27328564790

When all this over with and Jason Leitch has just about been forgotten about I fully expect him to appear on I'm a Celebrity or something like that. Probably alongside Devi Sridhar in some weird sort of double act.

He's the replacement for Bobby Ball.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Cheers. How late did you leave it before biting the bullet and postponing?

It was probably only last month that we decided to postpone it once the new central belt restrictions were brought in. We were prepared to go ahead with a 30 guest limit (or whatever it was) as my grandparents and my other half's dad don't always keep in the best of health so we were keen to go ahead while they were still keeping reasonably well. The new restrictions suggested that things were probably not going to get much better for the foreseeable so we decided at that point just to move it.

16 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
21 minutes ago, Szamo said:
200.gif&key=cf1b307b9097d1d765387141f7229f287fad5f15a91adddb1864c27328564790

When all this over with and Jason Leitch has just about been forgotten about I fully expect him to appear on I'm a Celebrity or something like that. Probably alongside Devi Sridhar in some weird sort of double act.

Ideally a re-launch of The Jump. But a special edition, filmed at the Ski Flying hill in Planica.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The most recent info on the ScotGov website shows us in the manky Forth Valley to have had two new cases the day before yesterday:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Trendsanddemographics

And of those two, 50% (ie one case) was with us in the even mankier Clackmannanshire.

Meanwhile in neighbouring Stirling, 85% of their geography has seen no new cases in 7 days:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Trendsanddemographics

Tier 3 all the way....

COVID-19_Daily_Dashboard_-_PHS_COVID-19_Tableau_Public_-_2020-10-30_12.30.58.png

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54733688

Do they ever release the information from these studies and reports?

If it's anything like the Scottish "shut hospitality" paper they will have surveyed people and asked if they had talked to anyone in the week before their test came back positive.

Leaving aside my personal dislike of Leitch and Sridhar, what are these awards for?

Our response in general was poor, we have one of the highest deaths per capita in Europe, and we are looking at a large part of the country being under tight restrictions again over winter, following a longer set of restrictions a few months ago supposedly designed to prevent that.

Who looks at that objectively, and decides "let's give these people an award"

Edited by Todd_is_God

Interesting that they acknowledge the increased risk just 2 days after the 5 tier plan was pushed through which acted as if they were totally safe.

If it's acceptable for 30 kids to sit in a classroom, mitigated only by masks, why is it not acceptable for a group of adults to sit in an area where distance can be maintained in addition to masks?

Yet another inconsistent measure. 

Edited by Todd_is_God