Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Get the concerning feeling if this was the 1990s, that picture would be well thumbed and extremely crusty, potentially even found in the bushes down Motherwell Miners' (or more likely in Todd's dad's bowling bag) 

Edited by madwullie

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is a fair point. It was a very tough situation the SG found themselves in. But whilst they delivered a pretty poor results in terms of deaths and the economy, they got a lot of plaudits early doors for their communication and transparancy, whilst WM were all over the place, and pretty much got away with that without much scrutiny.

They've made a real hash of things since the exams results, though, and, following some bold (and ultimately wrong) claims in the summer, are now just pissing people off with mixed messaging and the same inconsistent application of restrictions backed up with weak / non-existant evidence that WM were ridiculed for, and the seemingly equal lack of a real exit strategy.

The misrepresentation of the care home report conclusion, the salmond saga obstruction, the now evidently fruitless longer lockdown in the summer, and now taking the "more cautious" approach once again are just things that are adding up against them.

Regardless of what happens in May, they've blown an unprecedented opportunity to demonstrate that they can effectively lead Scotland when almost all of the key decisions are in their hands.

You're right that almost all the key decisions were in their hands other than border control and the economy. I think early on not making all arrivals quarantine for 2 weeks was a huge mistake by the UKGov and if Scotland could have afforded it I think we probably would have been in a lockdown more similar to Spain and Germany (although look at them now) but a combination of both I think would see us in a more similar N.Z style life just now.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Awarded by the saltire society who say he has been a steady voice blah blah blah apart from the 300 you turns.

Apparently he beat 3 five year olds and Tam the school janitor to the award.

Proud of you Jase.

Devi won too 

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Haha no not at all.

But they were that appalling that I felt I had to document them.

*inhales sharply through teeth*

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Winter is shite anyway. I've never understood people who say it's their favourite season - it's cold, it's dark, and it invariably rains!

Aye winter is shite.  'Aww I love winter' is almost exclusively spouted by lassies who don't have a job and/or have about 6 kids.  As they get to walk around taking Snapchats or Instagrams of some tree with brown leaves, or one of their litter standing next to the worst snowman ever built.

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is a fair point. It was a very tough situation the SG found themselves in. But whilst they delivered a pretty poor results in terms of deaths and the economy, they got a lot of plaudits early doors for their communication and transparancy, whilst WM were all over the place, and pretty much got away with that without much scrutiny.

They've made a real hash of things since the exams results, though, and, following some bold (and ultimately wrong) claims in the summer, are now just pissing people off with mixed messaging and the same inconsistent application of restrictions backed up with weak / non-existant evidence that WM were ridiculed for, and the seemingly equal lack of a real exit strategy.

The misrepresentation of the care home report conclusion, the salmond saga obstruction, the now evidently fruitless longer lockdown in the summer, and now taking the "more cautious" approach once again are just things that are adding up against them.

Regardless of what happens in May, they've blown an unprecedented opportunity to demonstrate that they can effectively lead Scotland when almost all of the key decisions are in their hands.

and that's sufficient for you to lambast the government at every turn?

16 hours ago, Empty It said:

I am in favour of independence and have voted SNP in every election since I was old enough to vote.

No idea who I will vote for but it certainly wont be SNP.

Like you I've voted SNP at every election since I was old enough to vote.

Unlike you I will still vote for the SNP as I believe in independence and the SNP are the only party that can deliver it.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye winter is shite.  'Aww I love winter' is almost exclusively spouted by lassies who don't have a job and/or have about 6 kids.  As they get to walk around taking Snapchats or Instagrams of some tree with brown leaves, or one of their litter standing next to the worst snowman ever built.

Winter is brilliant. I love the dark mornings and nights though and could sit outside in the pushing rain and snow until I get hypothermia. The cold that comes with Winter is a bit shit but then, I deal better with that than I do the scorching sun (occasionally) of Summer. 

Autumn > Winter > Spring >> Summer. 

Winter is shite anyway. I've never understood people who say it's their favourite season - it's cold, it's dark, and it invariably rains!

Winter is normally Awrite, i do my outdoor hobbies all year round and just dress accordingly. I’m not a drinker so dgaf wbout pubs being shut but i like going out for food. I like meeting friends occasionally, on days when the weather is only good for indoor stuff there was plenty you could be doing . You could even go on holiday ( mrs is from the Caribbean and her family still lives there!)
During lockdown 1 we did not have to stay in our homes at all times despite the message. The weather was nice and it was a bit of a novelty for many. If you’re just going to be staring at 4 walls then we’ll see a return to the cabin fever we had in spring. The lockdown was widely disregarded by early may