Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This is the guidance for travel for Tier 3 residents. Screenshot_20201029_192116_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpeg.ded19469c936c64d6de2b2c57b360279.jpeg 

If there is no non-essential travel in or out of Tier 3 then what does this mean for travel to Glasgow, Prestwick and Edinburgh airports?   

Or like some of these restrictions is this advisory rather than legally enforceable?

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If there is no non-essential travel in or out of Tier 3 then what does this mean for travel to Glasgow, Prestwick and Edinburgh airports? 

If you're going on holiday then i'd say travelling to the airport is pretty essential...

I've always looked at the "no non-essential travel" line as an effort to dissuade and reduce the movement of people by making them review if they really need to travel, rather than something to be taken literally.

9 hours ago, madwullie said:

Re my Q, just read the first response to the bmj article linked. It suggests that acceleration of caseload means that they are nowhere near the herd immunity threshold (which is what I presume HIT stands for). Granted, the guy that wrote it could just be some guy, and have no more knowledge than your average p&b denizen, but he did use big words and stuff. He cites Karachi as potentially having 51% immunity. Must go and read up on that when I get a sec. 

Always the sign of an expert.

Or someone trying to wing it...

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tory minister’s husbands.

A great bunch of lads.

Sometimes I feel tired of them, sometimes sorry for them. Sometimes angry at them. It's a difficult situation for everyone. A mental illness though, you don't want to laugh at them but... FFS! 

Edited by HeartsOfficialMoaner

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Just away on my wheel (singular) to get the messages.

I remember howling with laughter the first time NS said that you were allowed out to go a wheel.

I've never heard anyone else use the term.

I know it's an effort to be inclusive AF but it just sounds ridiculous and forced.

We are away to the lake district tomorrow for 3 nights. We are getting called idiots for going by some people. We had it booked and paid for months ago, and have been in regular contact with the hotel owners since. Apart from having a couple of restaurants booked, we (weather permitting) will be outdoors walking most of the time. There is no travel ban in place where you can be fined as yet, only advice as far as I'm aware. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tory minister’s husbands.

A great bunch of lads.

Mr McFadzean, who is employed by Credit Suisse as a vice president.

Jenkins, get my fucking money out of Credit Suisse!

7 minutes ago, philpy said:

We are away to the lake district tomorrow for 3 nights. We are getting called idiots for going by some people. We had it booked and paid for months ago, and have been in regular contact with the hotel owners since. Apart from having a couple of restaurants booked, we (weather permitting) will be outdoors walking most of the time. There is no travel ban in place where you can be fined as yet, only advice as far as I'm aware. 

The idiots are the ones happy to cancel everything that makes life enjoyable because of some misplaced belief that it makes a difference.

Go and enjoy your break.

Post lots of pictures on facebook too, to ensure added seethe.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Starved of watching football I now have an irrational urge to sneak into Moray and watch Burghead Thistle, Buckie Rovers or Dufftown...

Wish me luck getting past the ring of steel around the frontiers. I need Donald Pleasance to forge me the identify of a fermer from Cuminestown... 

86595462_stevemcqueen.thumb.jpg.eb939e679e88fd03031d66b7ec6572b4.jpg

"Ma name is Dod Milne and I'm a fermer fae roond here es wye. Fit like, fa's  foos yer doo's, honest officer.." 

You might get you through, now.

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

Those that are calling you idiots are the real idiots.

They are the type who’d have been in their element in 1930s Germany 

Why did you join a Scottish football forum purely to talk about the Covid pandemic and constantly argue that everything everyone thinks about it is wrong?

I am in favour of independence and have voted SNP in every election since I was old enough to vote.

No idea who I will vote for but it certainly wont be SNP.
I fully understand your thought process but do you honestly, hand on heart, believe that any other party would have made a better job?

If you're really sure though, and don't completely want to waste your vote then at the very least consider the Scottish Greens - they are at least pro-independence.

A final thought though - a protest vote quite often has the same result of not voting at all. Be careful what you wish for.