Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Same tier as Lanarkshire despite them having more than double the cases per 100k, that's any chance of me voting for the SNP in the near future gone.

Wee Willie incoming 

download (1).jpeg

Edited by madwullie

3 hours ago, The Master said:

I’ll be astounded if people from the areas of Angus bordering Dundee don’t continue to travel into the city for shopping. 

There’s no Sainsbury’s or M&S in Angus.  Is that essential shopping?

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Think my WiFi would be down that day.

That sounds pish.

Don’t worry, no one’s going to invite you to a wedding, even a virtual one.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I imagine that the Invergowrie Inn, Birkie Inn and Monifieth pubs will be busy.

The Milton will suddenly become very popular.

Fortunately the MDF (Monifieth Defence Force) will be posting armed militia in the Ferry Road and Grange Road.  You have been warned. 

Do you think the other political parties would have acted substantially differently?

I personally don't.
I think lumping Edinburgh and East Lothian with the same tier as the west is completely unreasonable and unjustified, to comment on what any other government would've done would be complete speculation but to keep voting for a party that has made this many incompetent decisions time after time just isn't progressive at all.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
Do you think the other political parties would have acted substantially differently?

I personally don't.

I think lumping Edinburgh and East Lothian with the same tier as the west is completely unreasonable and unjustified, to comment on what any other government would've done would be complete speculation but to keep voting for a party that has made this many incompetent decisions time after time just isn't progressive at all.

There has been a massive failure by the Scottish Government to manage the expectations and communication over this. Based on the indicators and signals in the papers released previously there is no way in hell Edinburgh should be in the same tier as Glasgow. Edinburgh peaked on October 6th and has been falling ever since.

However, It does make sense to be more cautious with the level of interconnection and reliance on each others services that you get across the central belt. For Edinburgh that principally means being next door to West Lothian which, Linlithgow aside is currently a plague hole. Had they weighted the signals and markers against that explicitly they could have mapped the regions more precisely to the tiers they intended to put them in. Yet they didn't and have ended up making people angry and confused.

The liklihood is that East Lothian moves into tier 2, on Nov 10th and Edinburgh should too, assuming the rate continues to drop as it has. I'm not sure though that it makes a huge difference overall as you need to get to tier 1 just to see some semblance of being able to go places and do stuff anyway.

There has been a massive failure by the Scottish Government to manage the expectations and communication over this. Based on the indicators and signals in the papers released previously there is no way in hell Edinburgh should be in the same tier as Glasgow. Edinburgh peaked on October 6th and has been falling ever since.
However, It does make sense to be more cautious with the level of interconnection and reliance on each others services that you get across the central belt. For Edinburgh that principally means being next door to West Lothian which, Linlithgow aside is currently a plague hole. Had they weighted the signals and markers against that explicitly they could have mapped the regions more precisely to the tiers they intended to put them in. Yet they didn't and have ended up making people angry and confused.
The liklihood is that East Lothian moves into tier 2, on Nov 10th and Edinburgh should too, assuming the rate continues to drop as it has. I'm not sure though that it makes a huge difference overall as you need to get to tier 1 just to see some semblance of being able to go places and do stuff anyway.

Do you think Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire have a decent chance at getting into tier 2 soon enough as well? Virus seems pretty low there.

Down south the thresholds are around 100 cases per 100k to go into tier 2 and much higher to go into tier 3 whereas it’s clear that the Scottish government is using much lower thresholds.

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Do you think Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire have a decent chance at getting into tier 2 soon enough as well? Virus seems pretty low there.

Down south the thresholds are around 100 cases per 100k to go into tier 2 and much higher to go into tier 3 whereas it’s clear that the Scottish government is using much lower thresholds.

Falkirk and Clackmannanshire's rapid growth trends didn't start until a week or two after Stirling and the other Uni Cities that had students back mid September, probably because it took that long for cases in student populations to spread into the general populace and then out over the adjacent regions. So they look to have slowed the rate of increase right down or even flattened, but haven't started decreasing quite yet, albeit those trends are on low case loads.

Stirling is on its way down looking at the PHS data, I guess it could end up in a lower tier, assuming Claccs and Falkirk start to tail off as well.

21 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Wee Willie incoming 

download (1).jpeg

Only if that is in my earhole so that I could hear.

17 minutes ago, Empty It said:
21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I personally don't.

Presumably you are in favour of Scottish independence?

Who will you vote for?

Presumably you are in favour of Scottish independence?
Who will you vote for?
I am in favour of independence and have voted SNP in every election since I was old enough to vote.

No idea who I will vote for but it certainly wont be SNP.

36 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Same tier as Lanarkshire despite them having more than double the cases per 100k, that's any chance of me voting for the SNP in the near future gone.

Would you have stuck with the SNP if Lanarkshire had been put in tier 4?

Would you have stuck with the SNP if Lanarkshire had been put in tier 4?
I would be more likely to vote for them if the covid hotspots out west were in tier 4 but would still be annoyed at the over the top restrictions put in place.

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fortunately the MDF (Monifieth Defence Force) will be posting armed militia in the Ferry Road and Grange Road.  You have been warned. 

Quite apt that a group from Angus would name themselves after something that has an aversion to water. 

Falkirk and Clackmannanshire's rapid growth trends didn't start until a week or two after Stirling and the other Uni Cities that had students back mid September, probably because it took that long for cases in student populations to spread into the general populace and then out over the adjacent regions. So they look to have slowed the rate of increase right down or even flattened, but haven't started decreasing quite yet, albeit those trends are on low case loads.
Stirling is on its way down looking at the PHS data, I guess it could end up in a lower tier, assuming Claccs and Falkirk start to tail off as well.

Falkirk Stirling and clax combined to make nhs forth Valley have roughly the same cases and pupilation as fife which is one level down. It also sits on the western boundary of fife which also has a bridge to tier 3 Edinburgh and anothto tier 3 dundee 🤷🏼‍♂️ as a falkirk fan I’d love to slag this off by saying well fife is rank & nae c**t in their right mind would go there anyway so nae need to restrict them. But as someone who’s scunnered now I’m saying why, if we are getting a higher level due to our high risk neighbours ( bear in mind that large parts of Stirling are as rural as the highlands and stretches all the way from loch lomond to fuckin tyndrum) , does another region not get brought up when they are also surrounded by high risk areas?
It sounds like a case of “ we made a decision, it may be wrong but we’re sticking to it come hell or highwater”