Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Cannae wait to finish my working week to spend the weekend having limited options to do anything.

Tier 3 in forth Valley yet don't appear to deserve that banding like many other areas.

Its almost like they don't have a clue and are just making shit up.

Shower of charlatans.

Fife yesterday - 36 cases. Tier 2

Forth Valley (Falkirk, Stirling & Clacks all togther) 40 cases (hardly a difference). Tier 3

IMG_9934.jpg

I have literally no idea what the strategy is here. Edinburgh indicators sit at 2-3-0-0-0, and have been placed in Tier 3 based seemingly on a moderately high (6%) test positivity rate. There is, according to the Scottish Government, zero chance of hospitals/ICU coming under threat in the next six weeks, with projected cases also believed to be zero threat.

Over the bridge in Fife, their indicators are 2-3-2-0-0. Similarly zero immediate threat to the NHS, but their case rates are deemed a Level 2 threat over the next six weeks, and they have a similar ‘3’ rating for test positivity rate.

Decision? Tier 2. What’s different between Fife and Edinburgh in this situation? There are, of course, similar contradictions all over the place. The Lanarkshires score a perfect 20 on the Scottish Government Scale of Panic, and yet remain at the same Tier as Edinburgh’s 5.

So we’re not being cautious, otherwise Lanarkshire and probably Glasgow would be in Tier 4, but equally we’re not laissez-faire as Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and the Borders especially are a level above where they should be.

What is this actually trying to achieve?

Not meaning to turn this into an Edinburgh v Glasgow thing but based on this the number of infections in Edinburgh are well below those of Glasgow / Lanarkshire but we're in the same tier? What are the reasons for that? :unsure2:

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Forth Valley (Falkirk, Stirling & Clacks all togther) 40 cases (hardly a difference). Tier 3

Yup a shambles yet we are judged the same tier as Lanarkshire etc who have multiple x more cases.

I dont want anyone in tier 4 but no way can we be same tier as them.  

Will be nice to go for a meal in 4 months time, a wait all those businesses will be destroyed.

Edited by Tynierose

The first minister says last week saw a significant slowing in the rate at which new cases are increasing and that has continued.

Followed half an hour by;

However, the first minister warns: "I cannot rule out a move back to nationwide restrictions in the next few weeks, including at Level 4."

Losing the plot. And despite her protestations to the contrarory, is "enjoying" this

15 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Forth Valley is getting the same to prevent the marauding hordes from North Lanarkshire coming for drinks.

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's a pretence of having local restrictions while really basing policy on the fact that entire central belt is one interconnected economic region. 

I wouldnt mind so much but they created a scoring system that didn't take into account all the things they actually did, so now it looks utterly random.

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

The first minister says last week saw a significant slowing in the rate at which new cases are increasing and that has continued.

Followed half an hour by;

However, the first minister warns: "I cannot rule out a move back to nationwide restrictions in the next few weeks, including at Level 4."

Losing the plot. And despite her protestations to the contrarory, is "enjoying" this

I wonder if that's the equivalent "threat" of "If you don't shut up I'm turning the car around" to get people to comply.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

I wouldnt mind so much but they created a scoring system that didn't take into account all the things they actually did, so now it looks utterly random.

But on the other hand it confirms that Fifers are in fact Tuechters. 

Edited by Detournement

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

I don't think so. She was absolutely loving it when things were going well and she could crow about how much better we were doing up here because we locked down longer.

Now, though, I get a sense that standing up everyday and making statement after statement about restrictions being implemented to achieve things she surely can't believe are likely to happen is taking its toll.

The adult conversation that she promised but never had might have allowed her a little more wiggle room.

6 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

Forth Valley is getting the same to prevent the marauding hordes from North Lanarkshire coming for drinks.

I don't imagine a mass exodus of people for the sake of a drink, if you need to buy a meal with it.

Much more likely to get a bag of cans and go to someone's house IMO.

Starved of watching football I now have an irrational urge to sneak into Moray and watch Burghead Thistle, Buckie Rovers or Dufftown...

Wish me luck getting past the ring of steel around the frontiers. I need Donald Pleasance to forge me the identify of a fermer from Cuminestown... 

86595462_stevemcqueen.thumb.jpg.eb939e679e88fd03031d66b7ec6572b4.jpg

"Ma name is Dod Milne and I'm a fermer fae roond here. Fit like, fa's yer doo's, honest officer.." 

Starved of watching football I now have an irrational urge to sneak into Moray and watch Burghead Thistle, Buckie Rovers or Dufftown...
Wish me luck getting past the ring of steel around the frontiers. I need Donald Pleasance to forge me the identify of a fermer from Cuminestown... 
86595462_stevemcqueen.thumb.jpg.eb939e679e88fd03031d66b7ec6572b4.jpg
"Ma name is Dod Milne and I'm a fermer fae roond here. Fit like, fa's yer doo's, honest officer.." 

I was up Moray last month and didn’t even realise I was parked next to Burghead thistles ground for about 10 minutes.

Cracking wee ground.