Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, RH33 said:

There’s an article in this edition of Private Eye on some of the CEO money ‘saving’ ideas.

ill have to check that out though im sure itll be peering-through-my-fingers stuff

im going to guess reducing his far too large salary isnt one of the ideas

13 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

ill have to check that out though im sure itll be peering-through-my-fingers stuff

im going to guess reducing his far too large salary isnt one of the ideas

FED19ED8-2A8B-4337-B1EF-232B01532E0B.jpeg

My wife is a teacher and in her school the measures are that staff and students wear masks in corridors and communal areas.  Classroom layouts have been changed to rows of single desks, which are all measured to be more than 2m away from the teachers desk.  Seating plans are recorded every lesson in case contact tracing is required.  At the end of every lesson pupils are required to clean their desks with sanitising wipes.  Windows and doors are kept open at all times to provide ventilation.  I think the timetable has been changed as well to mean longer classes with fewer changeovers but I can't remember exactly.  Staff training days etc are being done virtually as are parents evenings.
They've had three positive tests since August.  No idea if they were picked up in school or not.  
We're the same.

Apparently now the only secondary in Dundee (at time of writing) without a direct Covid-19 case. It's been bizarre for us - staff absences have been as low as I can remember.

Vaccine guy says approval this weekend unlikely but expects it to happen imminently. Pushed him for a timeframe but he just says “imminent but probably not by this weekend”

Also it’s entirely possible that they could unblind the data and find it to be a dud but that’s unlikely given what we already know