Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Level 3 - Pubs and restaurants open until 6pm but can’t serve alcohol.

Level 2 - Pubs and restaurants open until 8pm, can only serve alcohol with a main meal.

Level 1 - People not allowed to visit others at home.

This is actually nuts, she’s lost the fucking plot.

It's clearly an alcohol-transmitted virus though, which is why having a pint rather than a soft drink counts as an unacceptable public health risk and cramming tens of thousands of grotty weans into school classrooms all week long does not. 

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

The news this morning saying sage in england is advocating for the whole of England to be on tier 3 for the whole of December

The whole of England will be in Tier 3 upon conclusion of the circuit breaker if it is introduced. "Just two weeks" will quickly turn into restrictions that last months. 

I am surprised it wasn't implemented tbh. But then a large part of England is already under Tier 3 and there's an increasing amount of Tier 2 restrictions being implemented too. 

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's clearly an alcohol-transmitted virus though, which is why having a pint rather than a soft drink counts as an unacceptable public health risk and cramming tens of thousands of grotty weans into school classrooms all week long does not. 

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

Presumably their logic is that inebriation means that people are less likely to comply with the other measures such as hand washing, face masks and social distancing as their inhibitions lower. Not that I necessarily agree with it.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You are 100% sure of that?

Definitely. He's an attention seeker. Doesn't stop me from using it to point out his hypocritical stance given deliberately helping the virus spread is disproportionately killing the working class. 

13 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I've had both good and bad experiences with unions but the idea not joining one is a net good idea across everyone is nuts.

UK union membership and income inequality. : ukpolitics

And if your expectations are not being met, theres always take the stewardship yourself and try to make a difference. 

Think it should be noted that Ireland is already starting to see a pretty significant reduction in cases and COVID-positive hospitalisations following the new lockdown, which came in to force last week.

Monday was a bank holiday so today will be the big test as Tuesday's data starts to come in.

I think I'm less militant than you on this issue, and I do still think holding a large house party is selfish at best at the moment, but it completely amazes me how little fuss the teachers unions have made about the schools. There is no way they can be safe places to work right now for individual teachers, never mind their wider impact on the nationwide figures. 

When you consider that story shows ~15 illegal house parties in one day Lanarkshire as part of the recent 'spike', then compare that to the number of schools where kids are mixing every day in far greater numbers? 

I can only comment with 100% accuracy on my sons school.

School has 1500 pupils over 2 sites. 900 at my sons site. Majority bussed in.

School is upfront and open.

Had 1 positive test for a S2 pupil since August.

Now make of that what you want.

In terms of standards of education results, it is one of the highest achievers in Scotland for a comp.

Perhaps this reflects on behaviour as well ?

Only speculating.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Presumably their logic is that inebriation means that people are less likely to comply with the other measures such as hand washing, face masks and social distancing as their inhibitions lower. Not that I necessarily agree with it.

As opposed to seven year old children who are famous for their strict hygiene protocols and an ability to maintain social distancing at all times. Not that this behavioural response even matters when you're cramming into the same indoor space like sardines. In the same way that banning alcoholic beverages but letting pubs open to serve food/coffee anyway has no discernible impact on infection rates and the SG knows this fine well.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I can only comment with 100% accuracy on my sons school.

School has 1500 pupils over 2 sites. 900 at my sons site. Majority bussed in.

School is upfront and open.

Had 1 positive test for a S2 pupil since August.

Now make of that what you want.

In terms of standards of education results, it is one of the highest achievers in Scotland for a comp.

Perhaps this reflects on behaviour as well ?

Only speculating.

How many negative tests have there been? How many children have been self isolating from school because their parents have  tested positive from some mysterious source?

Without that context a school trumpeting the number of positive cases found of an often asymptomatic virus is meaningless. Unless you're mass testing those without symptoms then you don't actually know how many people are transmitting it within your organisation.

I think schools should stay open as long as possible but they shouldn’t be kept open at the detriment to every other sector. I think for only children school plays a great part in their character development, imagine being taught from home and seeing no other kids for weeks/months. On the flip side, the government just turning a blind eye to just how minging kids can be and denying that covid cases are coming from schools just makes the whole thing a bit of a farce. Blame pubs, gyms, big bad football fans, house parties, “scum not following the rules” 🙄

How many negative tests have there been? How many children have been self isolating from school because their parents have  tested positive from some mysterious source?
Without that context a school trumpeting the number of positive cases found of an often asymptomatic virus is meaningless. Unless you're mass testing those without symptoms then you don't actually know how many people are transmitting it within your organisation.
I'm not trumpeting and neither is the school if you take of your blinkers. Just stating a fact. I do not know the answers to your other questions bar that some S2 pupils were contacted after the case to self isolate.

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

As opposed to seven year old children who are famous for their strict hygiene protocols and an ability to maintain social distancing at all times. Not that this behavioural response even matters when you're cramming into the same indoor space like sardines. In the same way that banning alcoholic beverages but letting pubs open to serve food/coffee anyway has no discernible impact on infection rates and the SG knows this fine well.

Oh absolutely. I don't particularly agree with their logic at all and have massive misgivings on how they are treating school through all of this, as most folk on here know.

I'm not trumpeting and neither is the school if you take of your blinkers. Just stating a fact. I do not know the answers to your other questions bar that some S2 pupils were contacted after the case to self isolate.
Exactly it's about priorities. Imagine that wee Krankie prioritising education over boozing eh ? The virus is everywhere, we all know that and the SG have acknowledged that despite the mewling from the same half dozen or so on here that the SG thinks C19 stops at the school gates. They know it doesn't as much as we do but a full cross party consensus within the SG is education is a priority. But the perception amongst the hard core is that it should be blended thus magically allowing their beloved boozers to reopen. I like a pint as much as the next person but if it comes to a priority of pint or kids in school then it's surely a no brainer for the vast majority of rational thinkers.

The argument of schools and pubs is probably a more valid one given we were told if they adapted they way they operate they are safe but not the argument schools or pubs.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Exactly it's about priorities. Imagine that wee Krankie prioritising education over boozing eh ? The virus is everywhere, we all know that and the SG have acknowledged that despite the mewling from the same half dozen or so on here that the SG thinks C19 stops at the school gates. They know it doesn't as much as we do but a full cross party consensus within the SG is education is a priority. But the perception amongst the hard core is that it should be blended thus magically allowing their beloved boozers to reopen. I like a pint as much as the next person but if it comes to a priority of pint or kids in school then it's surely a no brainer for the vast majority of rational thinkers.

The argument of schools and pubs is probably a more valid one given we were told if they adapted they way they operate they are safe but not the argument schools or pubs.

Far too sensible a post expect to be graphed out yer nut shortly