Coronavirus (COVID-19)

47 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Then your work won't be open in Tier 4. Got any harder ones?

46 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

But Glasgow is in Tier 3, and their work would be open.

Ouch. Absolutely put in his place after a hilarious “any harder ones” and has had to slink off the thread until it moves on a couple of pages.

Hate to see it.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:
Mrs got invited to a house party on Saturday which of course she rejected and now someone who was there has been told to isolate as someone at her work tested positive.
Get it up every single one of them if she turns out to turn positive.

Will only matter if she admits to the tracers she was at a party though. Otherwise the rest will carry on regardless until they become symptomatic. Probably illustrates the danger of house parties right enough.

Your neck of the woods appears to have won at Falkirk Covid this week.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/health/12-areas-falkirk-highest-numbers-positive-covid-19-tests-last-week-3015620

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

We basically had an extra month of restrictions just so Devi and Sturgeon could talk utter shite in the press and kid on they are like Jacinda Adern.

I'm pretty sure some of us had the same argument about the lower leagues returning as what was likely to be better in October compared with August ??

So just to be clear on this, your annoyance is not so much about restrictions now but more that we didn't need restrictions in the summer as we were going to end up in this place anyway ??

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm pretty sure some of us had the same argument about the lower leagues returning as what was likely to be better in October compared with August ??

So just to be clear on this, your annoyance is not so much about restrictions now but more that we didn't need restrictions in the summer as we were going to end up in this place anyway ??

I think that the restrictions now are heavy handed and not linked to evidence. 

But aye during the summer they fucked us for a PR campaign.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No one will believe me when I say I genuinely do not know if this the right decision or wrong decision - but a choice has been made here that every single aspect of life has been destroyed in order to keep schools open in their preexisting "normal" state.

Numbers will not drop significantly with current schooling arrangements.

It's quite a switch in tact, given that a little over 4 months ago JS claimed blended learning could be in place until next June.

Now, apparantly, sacrificing anything and everything to keep schools open full time is everyone's "number 1 priority"

It's almost as if they are guessing and hoping for the best, whilst making statements that they think people want to hear.

44 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Problem is it looks likely Falkirk will be Tier 3 so pubs shut there too. 

aye but if it were purely numbers we should be in tier 2, even for the circuit breaker we were way less than the other 4,  the boundary between falkirk and Lanarkshire isn't all that built up, you might get folk from Cumbernauld/ Kilsyth coming to hear or stirling for a meal, but not on the lash.

I am also in the larbert area and if I so wanted we could taxi  over to Kincardine for an all day beergarden sesh in the same time it would take me to get to falkirk town centre

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

aye but if it were purely numbers we should be in tier 2, even for the circuit breaker we were way less than the other 4,  the boundary between falkirk and Lanarkshire isn't all that built up, you might get folk from Cumbernauld/ Kilsyth coming to hear or stirling for a meal, but not on the lash.

I am also in the larbert area and if I so wanted we could taxi  over to Kincardine for an all day beergarden sesh in the same time it would take me to get to falkirk town centre

Agreed! Clearly exemplifies the nonsense being peddled. 

I don't think the ScotGov is getting any extra money to allow supporting business at the new Tier 4.  Ie non essential shops etc have not been shut anywhere in England and are unlikely to be.

Therefore the extra Scottish funding would struggle to support widespread level 4.  Surely will be part of the decision process.

Edited by superbigal

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

But Glasgow is in Tier 3, and their work would be open.

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I thought that was pretty obvious but obviously not.

Fair enough. Fucked that up.

30 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Ouch. Absolutely put in his place after a hilarious “any harder ones” and has had to slink off the thread until it moves on a couple of pages.

Hate to see it.

I ocassionly like to log off and have my tea and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think that the restrictions now are heavy handed and not linked to evidence. 

But aye during the summer they fucked us for a PR campaign.

From the beginning I've tried to look at this from a European wide perspective rather than a UK or Scottish perspective as I knew that politics would likely get in the way of the facts and accusations would be made on any decisions made, as such I still believe that virtually all Governments are following the same advice whether flawed or not, so don't believe that anything being done here is politically motivated.

That being said, I'm not saying that the decisions are correct however I do believe they're being made in good faith as can't see what any Government has to gain by giving bad news to their electorate and telling people they can't do something or even meet up with their friends and family.

The facts as they stand would seem to point to the virus being dealt with far better if cases reach a serious state as our hospitals are now better equipped and our staff better trained / experienced in dealing with it, also it would seem that the majority still don't get any worse than a common cold / mild flu symptoms if indeed any symptoms at all. The latest info also seems to point to herd immunity being a sunk ship as it would seem there's no lasting immunity to this virus.

So, where does that leave us ?

Do we risk opening everything back up and more or less going back to normal and see if we can cope with the fallout or do we stick with these precautions indefinitely and hope a virus cure appears and that our economies aren't completely destroyed by this time ??

Honestly, I don't know the right answer and if people on here were honest I'd guess they'd say that they don't know either....

33 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Hate to see it.

A man who's never allowed a bandwagon to pass without jumping on it. Bit like @Bairnardo and his knee high fences. :whistle

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

From the beginning I've tried to look at this from a European wide perspective rather than a UK or Scottish perspective as I knew that politics would likely get in the way of the facts and accusations would be made on any decisions made, as such I still believe that virtually all Governments are following the same advice whether flawed or not, so don't believe that anything being done here is politically motivated.

That being said, I'm not saying that the decisions are correct however I do believe they're being made in good faith as can't see what any Government has to gain by giving bad news to their electorate and telling people they can't do something or even meet up with their friends and family.

The facts as they stand would seem to point to the virus being dealt with far better if cases reach a serious state as our hospitals are now better equipped and our staff better trained / experienced in dealing with it, also it would seem that the majority still don't get any worse than a common cold / mild flu symptoms if indeed any symptoms at all. The latest info also seems to point to herd immunity being a sunk ship as it would seem there's no lasting immunity to this virus.

Do we risk opening everything back up and more or less going back to normal and see if we can cope with the fallout or do we stick with these precautions indefinitely and hope a virus cure appears and that our economies aren't completely destroyed by this time ??

Honestly, I don't know the right answer and if people on here were honest I'd guess they'd say that they don't know either....

IF lockdowns were an effective intervention, we'd see a clear correlation between the stringency of restrictions and the growth in cases. But we don't.

20201027_182050.jpg

20201027_182151.jpg

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

I think that governments want to take w much stronger approach, probably not full lockdown, but the early reopening stage where you were not asked to stay home but where everything deemed non essential was still closed or take away only. But they stop short of doing that becuase
A the economy would take a further beating and
B 8 months in the populations have grown weary and don’t want to be staring at 4 walls all winter. Enforcement of the home visit part of the restrictions are near impossible to enforce, or widespread enforce so it’s better to give people something they can do where they can be regulated than hope they don’t start breaking the rules en masse

Your helpful reminder that with the SG (March to now) you always needed at least three weeks to determine the impact of relaxing measures before ever progressing on to the next step, but when it comes to justifying its latest bullshit semi-lockdown it takes just ten days to decide that they're definitely having an impact.

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png