Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What if you work in a coffee shop in Glasgow but live in Lanarkshire?

Huge numbers of people work in non key worker jobs outside their LA. 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Then your work won't be open in Tier 4. Got any harder ones?

Try again reversing the direction of travel and with supermarket instead of coffee shop? 

Edited by alta-pete

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

No single measure to determine moving between the tiers, a "basket" of measures therefore you can fully expect that criteria not to be put into the public domain. This sounds utterly shambolic.

The criteria itself is in the document: https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/factsheet/2020/10/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels-updated-draft-27-october-2020/documents/indicators-paper/indicators-paper/govscot%3Adocument/Indicators%2Bpaper%2B26%2BOct%2B1645.pdf

Parts 39 through 41.

Not sure all the info required by the criteria will be available publicly though.

19 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This is our revenge for all the Weegie campervans stinking up the Highlands during the summer.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Up here the midges are the apex predator and it was a good year for them. Given that the foreigners that come up here from the central belt also bring their alcohol, it makes for a feeding frenzy as the midges become addicted to alcoholic blood.

The blood drinkers must be satisfied.

The X-Files" Darkness Falls (TV Episode 1994) - IMDb

They're a whiney lot aren't they! Rocpool and over the bridge to Johnny Foxes as usual next week after the football lads?

Hardly surprising, but it's interesting to note that there is finally some focus on asking the SG what the long term goal / exit strategy is, and an acknowledgement that Level 0 is still rather restrictive.
He also made an excellent point that businesses that have adapted to be "covid secure" are being allowed to trade, apart from hospitality business, whos efforts and expenditure in implementing the guidelines are being overlooked at every opportunity.
NS reiterated that level zero is akin to where we were July and August and not where we would be with a fully rolled out working vaccine.
We will not be at the tier zero situation by the time the vaccine is rolled out so I suspect tier zero bleating will be moot.

So 5 key triggers but 3 of the 5 based on predictions and projections which are based on health board stats despite this scheme being LA based.
You can guarantee 1 of the 5 being met will put you up but it will require 3/4/5 to put you down !

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So 5 key triggers but 3 of the 5 based on predictions and projections which are based on health board stats despite this scheme being LA based.
You can guarantee 1 of the 5 being met will put you up but it will require 3/4/5 to put you down !

Pretty much, aye.

I said at the time a 2 week circuit breaker wasn't going to be long enough to bring cases down. They may have been better legislating for a blanket 1 month to 6 weeks "circuit breaker" in the central belt in one go. Pretty much where we are gonna end up anyway, a lot less complex as well.

I like this but it needs to be updated and published weekly at the minimum.

Edinburgh is punted into Tier 3 seemingly based purely on the test positivity rate. Other indicators are 2 (cases in population) and 0’s for all the projections. The same recommendation as East Ayrshire, which has 3-3-3-4-1. That’s complete madness by anyone’s reckoning, surely?

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Problem is it looks likely Falkirk will be Tier 3 so pubs shut there too. 

Pubs are basically shut until tier 1 anyway, are they not. 

Tier 2 is a drink with your meal only.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Pubs are basically shut until tier 1 anyway, are they not. 

Tier 2 is a drink with your meal only.

You’re allowed drink outside in Tier 2? Not ideal in Scotland in November I’ll admit but a crisp day, beer garden and a patio heater. I’d take that. 

3 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

I'm in the at risk category but I'll no be taking a vaccine for several months just to see if it works.

I like your optimism.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

No, we can just stick disgusting fatties who emburden the rest of society* with their inability to stop stuffing their face with shite 24/7.

I could go off you.

25 minutes ago, Stan Hope said:

what if you're a transvestite prostitute, and you travel from one area to the other as a bloke and your bag has your dress, wig, make up and high heel in it, and only has space for one more item,  lube or hand sanitiser , would do you choose ?

A one legged tranny prostitute. That's a niche market.

11 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

All those sacrifices during the summer months when Devi was trumpeting zero covid were really worth it.

We basically had an extra month of restrictions just so Devi and Sturgeon could talk utter shite in the press and kid on they are like Jacinda Adern.

No one will believe me when I say I genuinely do not know if this the right decision or wrong decision - but a choice has been made here that every single aspect of life has been destroyed in order to keep schools open in their preexisting "normal" state.

Numbers will not drop significantly with current schooling arrangements.