Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Richard Leonard made a fair point, there. It seems unreasonable to ask MSPs to vote on a framework without giving the opportunity to properly scrutinise it and ask questions about criteria, exit strategy etc.

It also seems unreasonable for NS to essentially broadcast what areas will be in which level, and what restrictions will be in place at each level, before the framework has even been voted through.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What's your job that's open at tier 4, isn't a key worker and can't be done from home?

I hadnt read the key worker bit from yourself. I am in the key worker platinum lounge. Dont clap 4 me tho, I do it for the money. 

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Richard Leonard made a fair point, there. It seems unreasonable to ask MSPs to vote on a framework without giving the opportunity to properly scrutinise it and ask questions about criteria, exit strategy etc.

It also seems unreasonable for NS to essentially broadcast what areas will be in which level, and what restrictions will be in place at each level, before the framework has even been voted through.

Exactly as I said. What’s the point of debating it? It’s a fait accomplit. 

25 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

What has Forth Valley done to incur the wrath and be pegged alongside Glasgow and Lanarkshire? How can you expect people to buy in completely when goalposts are moved and no sign of reward to aim for 

I think being on the border of North Lanarkshire is going to keep forth valley in level 3 for a while despite the numbers.

Fucking weedgies.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

I know you are a serious SNP stan but there are tens of thousands of people who live in Lanarkshire but work outside the LAs so that's irrelevant.

Not an SNP stan just a fan of reading things instead of getting into hysterics about the half truths and opinions bandied about on here.

If you live in S.Lan and work as a nurse/ teacher in Glasgow you can send your kids to a grandparents in S.Lan or Glasgow.

This is the case regardless of the tier of either of those LAs

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

No single measure to determine moving between the tiers, a "basket" of measures therefore you can fully expect that criteria not to be put into the public domain. This sounds utterly shambolic.

We don't need to know the criteria. It's not important to plebs. 

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Not an SNP stan just a fan of reading things instead of getting into hysterics about the half truths and opinions bandied about on here.

If you live in S.Lan and work as a nurse/ teacher in Glasgow you can send your kids to a grandparents in S.Lan or Glasgow.

This is the case regardless of the tier of either of those LAs

What if you work in a coffee shop in Glasgow but live in Lanarkshire?

Huge numbers of people work in non key worker jobs outside their LA. 

Banning household meeting initially even in Level 1 [emoji23]
She had started out by equating Scottish level 1 to English level 1. That should translate as plenty authorities in level 1 same as England. This then trumps that ffs

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Very good from Willie Rennie there

Rennie, Leonard and the Tank Commander all confirmed their party will support the bill though !

Hardly surprising, but it's interesting to note that there is finally some focus on asking the SG what the long term goal / exit strategy is, and an acknowledgement that Level 0 is still rather restrictive.

He also made an excellent point that businesses that have adapted to be "covid secure" are being allowed to trade, apart from hospitality business, whos efforts and expenditure in implementing the guidelines are being overlooked at every opportunity.

Edited by Todd_is_God