Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Not sure where you're getting your figures

Clackmannan rate per 100k here 153 per 100k (up to 25th October)

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview 

Daily cases here. Doesn't seem to be an average of less than 10 in the last week or any downward trends.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/local

I got mine from the ScotGov website:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Trendsanddemographics

Am I doing it wrong?

COVID-19_Daily_Dashboard_-_PHS_COVID-19_Tableau_Public_-_2020-10-27_15.44.37.png

Slightly dumbfounded to hear NS use the slowing of the rate of infection as an indication that the measures are working.

As with JL last week, surely she doesn't believe / isn't being advised that indefinite fixed rate growth would be realistic, even in a "do nothing" approach?

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Lots of areas where the virus is still low getting dropped in tiers 2 and 3. All the hard work to suppress the virus effectively going completely unrewarded

What has Forth Valley done to incur the wrath and be pegged alongside Glasgow and Lanarkshire? How can you expect people to buy in completely when goalposts are moved and no sign of reward to aim for 

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Lots of areas where the virus is still low getting dropped in tiers 2 and 3. All the hard work to suppress the virus effectively going completely unrewarded

I don't think we're going to be getting that adult conversation we were promised, never mind having the sacrifices rewarded. 

Banning household meeting initially even in Level 1 [emoji23]
Ridiculous, but given that xmas is coming up and folk will do whatever the f**k they like plus
Am I correct in hearing that if you're in Tier 4 the arrangements for family childcare aren't allowed as they are in other tiers?
^this, means that folk are going to abandon the whole thing. From this point onwards, the only measures that will be widely comply with will be the ones that are properly imposed ie you physically cant choose to go to the pub atm.

Bottom line is, if work dictates my kids are to be looked after by grandparents, that's what will happen, regardless of tier.

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Still undecided whether Lanarkshire will be placed into level 4 or not. Surely this should have been decided by now as the difference between levels 3 and 4 could be huge for a lot of businesses.

Whilst taking your point if it was decided today it's level 4. The point of hanging on til later in week is to give a chance to drop to 3

Edited by invergowrie arab

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Still undecided whether Lanarkshire will be placed into level 4 or not. Surely this should have been decided by now as the difference between levels 3 and 4 could be huge for a lot of businesses.

A ‘technical brochure’ has been produced which usually means the worst case scenario is coming 

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

It's just a way to make people feel happy about being in level 3 rather than level 4 and forget the "circuit breaker" was originally supposed to end on Nov 2.

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

It's an absolute farce.

Going by them saying there is flexibility about what is in each level. It  might be 4 but without all of the level 4 measures. 

IWaiting patiently for the exit strategy to decrease between the levels. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ridiculous, but given that xmas is coming up and folk will do whatever the f**k they like plus^this, means that folk are going to abandon the whole thing. From this point onwards, the only measures that will be widely comply with will be the ones that are properly imposed ie you physically cant choose to go to the pub atm.

Bottom line is, if work dictates my kids are to be looked after by grandparents, that's what will happen, regardless of tier.

What's your job that's open at tier 4, isn't a key worker and can't be done from home?