Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The tiers document states that areas in Levels 0 or 1 can have fans in stadia, with restrictions.

Going by that and if the leaks are accurate then clubs in the Highland and Moray regions can have fans in games.  That would be us, Ross County and Elgin City.

The thought of home fans only spread out in 2m gaps around a stadium is not an enticing one tbh. I would give it a shot but it's not going to be very enjoyable.

Mrs got invited to a house party on Saturday which of course she rejected and now someone who was there has been told to isolate as someone at her work tested positive.
Get it up every single one of them if she turns out to turn positive.
Will only matter if she admits to the tracers she was at a party though. Otherwise the rest will carry on regardless until they become symptomatic. Probably illustrates the danger of house parties right enough.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
Mrs got invited to a house party on Saturday which of course she rejected and now someone who was there has been told to isolate as someone at her work tested positive.
Get it up every single one of them if she turns out to turn positive.

Will only matter if she admits to the tracers she was at a party though. Otherwise the rest will carry on regardless until they become symptomatic. Probably illustrates the danger of house parties right enough.

Aye right enough, can imagine they don’t have the app either to be honest. They are in the highest hit area of Scotland so no surprise.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

At least if you've all got it you won't have to worry about hiding away from each other. Hope none of you get more than a mild hit.

They both feel alright today, just a bit of a cough so far.

You see all kinds of horror stories online about how awful the virus is and how it has long term health impacts, so it is scary to have your parents test positive. Especially if they have other health conditions.

From the beginning, I was hoping that they would be able to avoid contracting the virus because, with all the stories flying around, I wasn't sure if my dad would survive it.

However, it's happened and there's no point panicking about it now. Thankfully my mum and dad aren't feeling too bad and just have mild symptoms.

We'll just need to keep an eye on ourselves and each other and hopefully avoid any complications.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

They both feel alright today, just a bit of a cough so far.

You see all kinds of horror stories online about how awful the virus is and how it has long term health impacts, so it is scary to have your parents test positive. Especially if they have other health conditions.

From the beginning, I was hoping that they would be able to avoid contracting the virus because, with all the stories flying around, I wasn't sure if my dad would survive it.

However, it's happened and there's no point panicking about it now. Thankfully my mum and dad aren't feeling too bad and just have mild symptoms.

We'll just need to keep an eye on ourselves and each other and hopefully avoid any complications.

Keep popping the Vitamin D. Can't do any harm and it might help.

28 minutes ago, 101 said:

The thought of home fans only spread out in 2m gaps around a stadium is not an enticing one tbh. I would give it a shot but it's not going to be very enjoyable.

Normal for Highland League, here's hoping. Could be quite an earner for the clubs if they make it season ticket holders only, ordinarily most people just pay at the gate.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

When do we find out what tier Wee Nippy Jimmy Crankie has put us in?

It still needs parliamentary approval doesn't it? Be some laugh seeing MSPs handing out flyers talking about how they "proudly serve" their constituents, and work hard to create jobs, mere months after voting to plunge them into unscientific Level 3 & 4 lockdowns.

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

When do we find out which tier Wee Nippy Jimmy Crankie has put us in?

Think its next week. Fairly obvious stalling tactic to continue the current Central Belt restrictions for as long as she can string it out. (I think) nothing so far of SG policy has been the subject of Parliamentary debate - if she/the scientists think something needs to happen, it happens.

Now all of a sudden we've got a revised Tiering system announced, trailed for a debate in Parliament a week later (which in itself is a pointless exercise - who's going to vote against it?) for the tiering to come in another week after that. Bingo - three weeks of the Central Belt stuck waiting.... 

Regarding fans in stadiums: the tier system only says fans can be allowed (with restrictions) in to grounds.

This doesn't automatically mean there will be fans back immediately. The government can still say that they won't risk it just now, and that seems most likely at the moment.

Unsure why anyone is experiencing restricted access to happen right away without any test events that gradually build up to the total allowed.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Think its next week. Fairly obvious stalling tactic to continue the current Central Belt restrictions for as long as she can string it out. (I think) nothing so far of SG policy has been the subject of Parliamentary debate - if she/the scientists think something needs to happen, it happens.

Now all of a sudden we've got a revised Tiering system announced, trailed for a debate in Parliament a week later (which in itself is a pointless exercise - who's going to vote against it?) for the tiering to come in another week after that. Bingo - three weeks of the Central Belt stuck waiting.... 

This post is a fucking shambles. 

It still needs parliamentary approval doesn't it? Be some laugh seeing MSPs handing out flyers talking about how they "proudly serve" their constituents, and work hard to create jobs, mere months after voting to plunge them into unscientific Level 3 & 4 lockdowns.

Especially if your ward ends up in a higher tier simple because it borders an area that actually merits it via numbers.
For those truly out in the sticks it won’t really matter, when i lived in the middle of nowhere it was illegal for the pub to be open out-with their licensing hours or for people to drink and drive. No one bothered their arse

16 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I've got some good friends on here and have some great laughs so that's helped. I've had an objectively excellent year of posting on This Forum so no need to be concerned. 

^^^^ doesn’t know what “objectively” means.

I'm impressed with the insatiable desire to test as many asymptomatic people as possible, as for some reason, despite little to no evidence, this is being painted as the first respiratory virus ever that is being driven by asymptomatic carriers, whilst at the same time completely ignoring the evidence that shows that school children are just as capable of spreading it.

The focus should surely be on making the testing of symptomatic people more efficient, and of moving senior schooling online ASAP. Even the Swedes, who as we all know introduced very few measures, closed schools to older pupils.