Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I thought Chris Wittys death calculator triage tool was posted on here way back as I remember counting my score up.  Sobering when I realised that someone like my dad would probably have been told to stay at home and die. 

One of the most telling things in that article was that they left lots of intensive care beds empty for an expected deluge of younger fitter people and it didn't happen so older people didn't get the treatment they could have got. 

It seems the plan was at all costs to avoid showing folk lying on hospital floors, that didn't happen so the govt could claim the NHS wasn't overwhelmed...

Neglecting to say it was  because they left people to die in their own homes

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Can’t say but I should stress that this weekend is at the absolute earliest, hospitals in England are being told to prepare for vaccine rollout to healthcare workers from Monday. Could be later, but there’s a lot of optimism in the industry that (a) The Oxford vaccine is going to win the race, (b) it works as well if not better than hoped, © it can provide protection for 1-2 years

I would love it if that happened! 

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

It’s estimated that 10,000 children a day are dying of hunger as a result of the woke middle class leftie lockdown in the west.

It’s no longer some abstract cause. Their political agenda is killing thousands of children around the world.

And they don’t care 

Why do "governments" want to kill 10,000 children per day?

3 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I thought Chris Wittys death calculator triage tool was posted on here way back as I remember counting my score up.  Sobering when I realised that someone like my dad would probably have been told to stay at home and die. 

One of the most telling things in that article was that they left lots of intensive care beds empty for an expected deluge of younger fitter people and it didn't happen so older people didn't get the treatment they could have got. 

It seems the plan was at all costs to avoid showing folk lying on hospital floors, that didn't happen so the govt could claim the NHS wasn't overwhelmed...

Neglecting to say it was  because they left people to die in their own homes

My mother and I both got phonecalls from our GP basically asking us to say we'd be happy to give DNR consent and that if we caught the virus we wouldn't want hospital treatment, her because of her age and me because of a pre-existing condition. We both said we'd think about it and left it like that.

9 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

No we didn't. We tripled our ICU bed capacity by converting other wards and taking staff from other areas. We still admitted the usual caseload as well. At the peak, our beds were all full.

Admission criteria were the same as they always have been. Not everyone will benefit from being in intensive care, it is not a magical cure. People being "denied" intensive care were people who, despite everything, would be unlikely to survive anyway. Intensive care treatments are invasive, undignified and come with their own complications. We have always made decisions based on risk/benefit and patients' best interest. Covid did not change this.

Edited by Cyclizine

Ooooh. Myyy. Gooosh! So nice to hear from you! This is such a great post!!! [emoji3]
But, you know, when I was on The Mickey Mouse Club we used to have a saying. "False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil".
LOL!!! Right? !!!
I think it was Mariah Carey that said it first. Like. Wow!!! Riiiiight?!! [emoji7]
You go ahead and have a GREAT day now!!! [emoji3]
PM sent

Ooooh. Myyy. Gooosh! So nice to hear from you! This is such a great post!!! [emoji3]
But, you know, when I was on The Mickey Mouse Club we used to have a saying. "False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil".
LOL!!! Right? !!!
I think it was Mariah Carey that said it first. Like. Wow!!! Riiiiight?!! [emoji7]
You go ahead and have a GREAT day now!!! [emoji3]
Good to see Chairman Mao finally getting some long, overdue support for his posts.

Can I just ask, Britney - what's your thoughts on Sweden?

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

This lot dont want to feed them but 10k per day might be to high but priti patel will try 

I googled it, the article says 10,000 per month, it's also a global thing and not specific to the UK governments "agenda". Shocked that Chairman Mao was not accurate there, he's been on the money about everything so far.

We should, IMO, be attacking less the individual leaders  that have handled the crisis with varying levels of competency and more the free market, libertarian ideology that brought us to the position we found ourselves in when the pandemic hit. But I accept that is quite a nuanced argument in a time where nuance and balance are in short supply.  

I agree with this. The problem is that there’s probably about 7 MSPs who want rid of the system responsible for exacerbating this and about another 30 in Westminster. This does feel like a test case for when the climate catastrophe starts to bite and it’s definitely not encouraging!

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Reuters could be spinning a bit if this is where they got it from. Encouraging though.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13031705/oxfords-coronavirus-vaccine-strong-immune-response-all-ages/