Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
26 minutes ago, Szamo said:
What's the latest on Moonshot?
200.gif&key=ca442a2e53e0b52705f911e73f424520c187051cd23db7a291b28d8dd514acf7

It's here but only available to the public via Boots and it's £120 a shot !

The latest I can see is that they are just transferring the £100bn directly to Dido's bank account, cutting out the middle man.

I have to say, the thought of battering through the next five months of what will undoubtedly be a fucking shite winter knowing that the only two things I can do are go to work and sit in the fucking hoose* is fucking grim.

*I'm obviously exaggerating a tad, but the principle remains.

The latest I can see is that they are just transferring the £100bn directly to Dido's bank account, cutting out the middle man.
Dido doesn't need anymore money considering the money she rakes in due to her life being up for rent.

Putting aside who he works for, this is very good read and puts things in perspective. If only the masses agreed 
77B7404D-F208-48C0-A584-9078DC205421.thumb.jpeg.7e22d782fc5880d807fe8b0a9fa457c9.jpeg
Let's pick this apart to see where he's coming from. He reckons he's got 5 years left if he's lucky. Every six months of lockdown is a tenth of his time left. What he's saying is let it rip through everybody (while he briefly hides in his house, although that's the bit he'll not admit to). He thinks herd immunity i.e. most people will have had it and the weak'll be deid, will allow him to emerge from his hidey hole and live his last few years with normality (no guarantee given empirical evidence some catch it again). Or if he's unlucky he lives til he's 100 with the last 20 years being fed by strangers in a care home. I say strangers, but I mean his kids.

The point all these folk who are anti lock down measures miss, is simple mathematics. You let this thing go and as well as the NHS being overwhelmed and unnecessary deaths due to running out of medical staff (who'll be off sick too) and beds and ventilators and drugs...other vital services will grind to a halt and others will die of other treatable ailments too. It does solve some of the pensions timebomb so there is that, mother nature's own Logans Run. The pro economy folks will be happy with that.

There is always a balance to be struck here, where you try to have as much of the economic activity, in fact daily life as possible, whilst limiting opportunity to spread.

A good analogy to use for managing the virus (unfortunately is another scientific one) is a nuclear reactor where energy is the economy, neutrons are the virus and the carbon rods are the measures the government is deploying to control it. Lack using the rods enough, you get a meltdown.

He's a selfish old fool trying to play the "it's in the best interests of the young card" when patently it's not.

21 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
25 minutes ago, Szamo said:

Dido doesn't need anymore money considering the money she rakes in due to her life being up for rent.

Time to raise the white flag there, son 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I think so but maybe within reason. I live alone and my extended household is in Falkirk. If travel is banned between local authorities then it's not clear what would be permissible for me.

Why does that not surprise me?

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I think so but maybe within reason. I live alone and my extended household is in Falkirk. If travel is banned between local authorities then it's not clear what would be permissible for me.

Look on the bright side son. If you can’t get out, you’ll get to spend more time on the internet! 

266264C2-570A-4134-9D45-713E096C6D12.gif

40 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I have to say, the thought of battering through the next five months of what will undoubtedly be a fucking shite winter knowing that the only two things I can do are go to work and sit in the fucking hoose* is fucking grim.

*I'm obviously exaggerating a tad, but the principle remains.

Just make sure you get to work and straight back again.

Don't want you infecting the PTA.

I know you're in Leith but I cannot see Glasgow getting anything better than tier 3 for months. 
Case numbers will remain pretty steady or will even rise in tier 4 given The Elephant. Meanwhile "av goat two weans" will blame it on "scum" "breaking the rules".

They'd be right, the Tories are the biggest problem in all of this.

As much as I’d love to join in the pile on, the March lockdown was particularly hard on people who live alone. For a significant period they were basically required to be hermits. I’m not sure on the figures but I’d bet that also disproportionately affected young people as well.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

As much as I’d love to join in the pile on, the March lockdown was particularly hard on people who live alone. For a significant period they were basically required to be hermits. I’m not sure on the figures but I’d bet that also disproportionately affected young people as well.

My mum has lived on her own since my Dad died in 2017 and went from March to June without seeing any friends or family. It was only when we were allowed to form an extended household with her that she was able to have some social contact. It was really hard for her.