Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Fair enough. After all it is an SNP government that have produced a blueprint for "living with the virus" which includes restrictions being in place even following the deployment of a vaccine "on a large enough scale"

Therefore a vote for the SNP is a vote endorsing this policy.

You talk about measures being in place globally as if the measures that apply currently in central Scotland are the same all over the place. They simply aren't.

I'm happy to see things play out before filling my vote in indelible ink based on being utterly furious that someone on twitter said we might need to avoid crowds in the future and the govt didn't explicitly say that these tiers are in existence while we are still in the middle of a pandemic. 

45 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I find it staggering that, in just 7 months, a "three week lockdown to save the NHS being overrun" has turned into a "permanent measures even with a vaccine" and people are actually OK with it.

Who said "permanent measures even with a vaccine"? All I've seen is that the discovery of a vaccine won't mean everything will back to normal the next day.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

If Edinburgh is in Tier 3 so is everything from Dundee to Girvan. Can't see it.

This is the government that aimed for Zero Covid three months ago. 

Compliance is going to be heehaw this time anyway. 

Edited by Detournement

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Who said "permanent measures even with a vaccine"? All I've seen is that the discovery of a vaccine won't mean everything will back to normal the next day.

It's here in plain sight. There is no plan or deisire to allow a full return to "normal" no matter how extensive the vaccination program is. Given the entire document is focused on the tier system response, im taking "as close to normal life as possible" to be what is described as Level 0 restrictions.

Assuming the situation is still the same in May, then if that is what you want to vote for, then crack on. But you should do so fully aware of what it is you are voting for.

Screenshot_20201026-172101_Office.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's here in plain sight. There is no plan or deisire to allow a full return to "normal" no matter how extensive the vaccination program is.

Assuming the situation is still the same in May, then if that is what you want to vote for, then crack on. But you should do so fully aware of what it is you are voting for.

I don't see "permanent" mentioned anywhere there. You made it up and put it in quote marks to make it look official. How many days after a vaccine is approved would you promise people that they won't have to take basic precautions anymore?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't see "permanent" mentioned anywhere there. You made it up and put it in quote marks to make it look official. How many days after a vaccine is approved would you promise people that they won't have to take basic precautions anymore?

Amazing what you can't bring yourself to see when you just don't want to believe it.

If they had said "once completed on a large enough scale, vaccinations will play a key part in enabling the removal of covid measures" (or something similar) you'd have a point.

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

And then all the denizens of both LAs will just jump the county line to go get pints in D&G, Falkirk and other areas. Genius plan. 

Short of rigorous enforcement of travel bans, that's a risk with any tiered system in different, contiguous localities, I guess.

This is going to rely a lot on compliance and good will to work. 

I find it staggering that, in just 7 months, a "three week lockdown to save the NHS being overrun" has turned into a "permanent measures even with a vaccine" and people are actually OK with it.

I'm not ok with it..I'm sure plenty of others aren't either but what the f**k are we meant to be doing?

Turning up at football grounds demanding to be let in?

Just going ahead and meeting as many folk in a house as you please?

There's a wild difference between being ok with it and being pretty fucking pissed off with the whole shooting match but being at a loss what to do, coupled with trying not to be an arsehole about it.

34 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's here in plain sight. There is no plan or deisire to allow a full return to "normal" no matter how extensive the vaccination program is. Given the entire document is focused on the tier system response, im taking "as close to normal life as possible" to be what is described as Level 0 restrictions.

lol is this what you're incandescent about? 

In plain sight 😂 What's described there is basically how we live with flu. 

We have a normal life, we use vaccination infrastructure to ensure the necessary people are as safe as possible, and the powers that be are on alert at all times for a new strain / particularly bad season, then take measures to deal with it ie as close to normal life as possible. Fucking. Hell. 

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

lol is this what you're incandescent about? 

In plain sight 😂 What's described there is basically how we live with flu

We live a normal life with flu. Not an "as close to normal" life.

So yeah, totally the same...

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If they don't want to stand in the pishing rain they can use home delivery. If they don't want to use home delivery either they can fucking starve. Do you really expect Tesco to go against government restrictions/advice because Thereisonlydarkness fae Ayrshire "doesnae want that".

Honestly, my 3 year old niece has gone through this pandemic with more maturity than you have.

A lot of older people don’t have the means to use home delivery, or have someone who can do it for them. Also home delivery is shit when they give you a replacement item if one you order is out of stock, not to mention them giving you fresh products out of date on that day or the next, but whatever, I’m in the minority of not accepting “rules” blindly 

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We live a normal life with flu. Not an "as close to normal" life.

So yeah, totally the same...

Edited my post. 

But just to recap, we live a normal life until such time as a more dangerous strain etc appears then the powers that be take measures to keep the vulnerable safe - ie contact from gp surgeries, advice in doctors, possibly even adverts on the telly etc etc

And I've just checked out the levels. Level zero is "nearly normal". Which obviously implies that above that is normal. But because they're not explicitly saying that you're chucking shit at the walls. For f**k sake. 

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A lot of older people don’t have the means to use home delivery, or have someone who can do it for them. Also home delivery is shit when they give you a replacement item if one you order is out of stock, not to mention them giving you fresh products out of date on that day or the next, but whatever, I’m in the minority of not accepting “rules” blindly 

Mental mate. What are you going to do? Skip the queue without a mask? 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

And I've just checked out the levels. Level zero is "nearly normal". Which obviously implies that above that is normal. But because they're not explicitly saying that you're chucking shit at the walls. For f**k sake. 

Level Zero is not anywhere close to normal 😂

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It’s astounding. Even more so that people on a football forum would accept not being able to go to a game outside in the fresh air for potentially years because “the government told them” 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Read again mate. Nearly normal means there is a normal above that. But it doesn't specifically say that so oh my god we're going to be living in a police state and football will have to be one aside. 

And you have the absolute cheek to criticise people for fearmongering. 

Just now, madwullie said:

Read again mate. Nearly normal means there is a normal above that. But it doesn't specifically say that so oh my god we're going to be living in a police state and football will have to be one aside. 

And you have the absolute cheek to criticise people for fearmongering. 

They aren't nearly normal, though, are they?