Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Btw I don't understand why you are so defensive here. I don't think anyone would be surprised to know that the NHS would deem certain treatments unsuitable for groups of people. Whether that be Covid related, or anything else.

But it's not a fair stick to beat another country's health system response with, or use it as an example of a failing, when very similar procedures were in place here.

Not giving cpr to someone who likely will not survive, or survive brain damaged, is slightly different to euthanising patients rather than giving them o2 in a hospital ie what was going on in Sweden. 

My mum got brought back with cpr. She was 18 months in hospital, 6 of these in a coma-like state she couldn't remember once she'd started to recover. She never did recover though - and the brutalisation she took during cpr contributed to that. Wouldn't change it though as we got an extra year with her, but she looked like she'd had her c**t kicked in at The Vaults for a good while afterwards. 

Anway its a given that our top decision makers made some awful decisions. We had procedures in place (don't know if we used them) to determine which patients would get treatment if resources were scarce.

Thankfully, noone is eulogising our method as the one which all nations must use. In fact, I think most nations agree that our method should be avoided at all costs. 

Sweden has been romanticised as champions of freedom etc. because they didn't call their light lockdown a lockdown because it was voluntary. But to survive the case surge from letting it rip they had to do some unspeakable things to keep their hospitals from being overwhelmed. 

It is perfectly legitimate to bring this up when people are demanding that our country use the Swedish method. 

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Japan

1,700 deaths in a densely populated country that didn’t do much testing and didn’t lockdown

its as if they had prior immunity

yet New Zealand get praised despite wrecking their economy for the same outcome 

If japan had herd immunity, they would not be pulling in ~500 cases a day, (and trending upwards) up from single figures case in June. 

Which infectious diseases have we achieved herd immunity to without a vaccine and how long did it take? 

There's much more sensible and realistic commentary of what happened in Japan and the science behind it you can find rather than ThEy gOt hERd iMmUNitY! 

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Just back from Sunday dinner at a friends house, in central Scotland. Don’t know whether folk’s attitude is changing or whether folk always thought thus way and are now just saying what they think.

At one point there were 5 different households in the house. One was in her 70s who couldn’t give a shit. One was still believing in restrictions but obviously didn’t believe that much otherwise she wouldn’t have sat with us for 3 hours.

The 2 teenagers told us that no-one they know agree with the restrictions.

I know that my kids don’t agree with any restrictions. My daughter is 16 and she’s been with a group of friends in someone’s house for weeks and presumably their parents couldn’t give a shit. I know I couldn’t. And my son, in his early 20s is totally anti lockdown.

This is the third week in a row we’ve been round to someone’s house. Different folk each time. Let’s face it. Restrictions ate a waste of time.

This guy demands we use the Swedish model but he doesn't want to actually follow the rules. 

Bleats on about the working class, yet goes out of his way to facilitate the spread of a disease that kills the vulnerable, the poor and bame citizens disproportionately. What a hero for the cause 👏

4 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Just back from Sunday dinner at a friends house, in central Scotland. Don’t know whether folk’s attitude is changing or whether folk always thought thus way and are now just saying what they think.

At one point there were 5 different households in the house. One was in her 70s who couldn’t give a shit. One was still believing in restrictions but obviously didn’t believe that much otherwise she wouldn’t have sat with us for 3 hours.

The 2 teenagers told us that no-one they know agree with the restrictions.

I know that my kids don’t agree with any restrictions. My daughter is 16 and she’s been with a group of friends in someone’s house for weeks and presumably their parents couldn’t give a shit. I know I couldn’t. And my son, in his early 20s is totally anti lockdown.

This is the third week in a row we’ve been round to someone’s house. Different folk each time. Let’s face it. Restrictions ate a waste of time.

What a crock of made up shite.

Thread about the data we have had for schools responding to a study that tries to show spread is v low in schools. Sarah disagrees.

Only had a skim but looks like the govt data has been under-reporting infections in school. Also looks at other countries but decent section on UK (England really) 

Edited by madwullie

5 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

When someone calls you a c**t because you went round to a friend’s house for Sunday dinner, it’s easy to understand how the Nazis came to power in Germany 

They were voted in by the people of Germany.

Unlike the The Communist Party of China which doesn't allow any opposition to exist.

51 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

They were voted in by the people of Germany....

They needed a bit of false flag terrrorism at the Reichstag to first repress the Communists and a parliamentary session held in the presence of large numbers of stormtroopers to persuade the Roman Catholic Zentrum party to back them to gain full control through the Enabling Act with a two-thirds majority. They only had 33% of the vote at the last fully free election in 1932 and the Weimar Republic had a PR system, so they shouldn't have been able to do what they subsequently did, if the constitution had been applied properly.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

52 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Thread about the data we have had for schools responding to a study that tries to show spread is v low in schools. Sarah disagrees.

Only had a skim but looks like the govt data has been under-reporting infections in school. Also looks at other countries but decent section on UK (England really) 

It's an absolute scandal this has been allowed to happen.

Children treated like guinea pigs during a global pandemic. 

When someone calls you a c**t because you went round to a friend’s house for Sunday dinner, it’s easy to understand how the Nazis came to power in Germany 
He called you a c**t for thinking you're bigger and better than the general public by thinking restrictions dont apply to you whether you agree with them or not.

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They needed a bit of false flag terrrorism at the Reichstag to first repress the Communists and a parliamentary session held in the presence of large numbers of stormtroopers to persuade the Roman Catholic Zentrum party to back them to gain full control through the Enabling Act with a two-thirds majority. They only had 33% of the vote at the last fully free election in 1932 and the Weimar Republic had a PR system, so they shouldn't have been able to do what they subsequently did, if the constitution had been applied properly.

Yet, still got into government under a more democratic system than Chairman Mao's Chinese Communist Party.

25 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Surely folk aren't taking this Chairman Mao imbecile seriously? 😂

Chairman Mao is a significant character in history. Best to take him seriously.

Has anyone appeared on this site as Adolf Hitler yet? Must have happened. I’m away to check.

Edit: Adolf Hitler username is still available. Even the cranks on P&B see that name as too toxic to use.

Edited by Scary Bear

Got an alert off today from the track and trace (England and Wales) telling me to self isolate.

Wanted to double check because that's quite a commitment. No further details on the app. Phone doesn't have a notification log so downloaded an app to read it. No notification. 

Wondering wtf is going on, googled the issue. Turns out that the government has known for weeks now that the app sends phantom notifications and it's only ones on the app itself you're to pay attention to. 

Would be good if they mentioned that on the app anywhere. Or fixed it. 

Shambles.