Coronavirus (COVID-19)

44 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I came round to that conclusion a wee while ago. Those that need to (e.g: me, my wife and our daughter) continue to shield as best as possible with very limited contact with others, and those that don't need to shield carry on (with continued social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing etc). 

I’d agree with that, but there’s large number of people who have made it clear that they will not socially distance and/or wear masks; I have no idea if they wash their hands.

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

I might even become temporarily popular on here, given that I will retain unfettered access to alcohol throughout.

I'd just like to point out that, unlike others on here, as a proud centrist I would pish on a Tory on fire.

16 hours ago, Lurkst said:

What about Dumfries and Galway?

2.7% of the population and 1.05% of Fridays positive tests.

Just for some interest.

Fife Health Board 6.42% of population and 4.04% of cases.

Tayside Health Board 7.63% population 4.95% of cases

NHS Highland Health Board 5.87 population 0.98% of cases

If anyone has any chance of level one it is the teuchters. 

I will need to shift to Local Authorities for next set of stats.

Just directly from Dundee Dental Hospital chap I was speaking to yesterday was to point out the Professor Jason Leitch is as much a real professor as Marcus Rashford will be,

Edited by superbigal

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

My solution is to move all the people in Scotland who are upset about the restrictions to Wales and let all the Welsh folk who are happy to comply come to Scotland.

As they can't buy underwear down there at the moment I am in favour of your proposal if only applied to knickerless Swansea women ..

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I love when people come on here with usernames picked after controversial figures or comics like Chairman Mao or Doug Stanhope and just fire out the most tepid takes.

Mao was quite humorous with a drink in him:

When you point a finger at the moon to indicate the moon, instead of looking at the moon, the stupid ones look at your finger.

I could Google, but P&B will know best .... When do we find out what tier we're in? And is it done by council area or health board area? And how often is it reviewed? And will criteria be used (and published) on the parameters in order to move from one tier to another?

10 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I could Google, but P&B will know best .... When do we find out what tier we're in? And is it done by council area or health board area? And how often is it reviewed? And will criteria be used (and published) on the parameters in order to move from one tier to another?

It's getting drawn on Monday at 09:56 by Rod Stewart (let's hope he sober), it won't be television, so everyone will have to listen to their wireless.

What ball number  are you?

2/11, LA area, weekly bizarrely.

The best possible reaction to the discovery of Covid-19 would have been for Governments to do absolutely nothing and to let clinical medical staff get on with their job.

Every single Government intervention in the Covid situation has done more harm than good.

Suppose the media and governments had ignored it, the general layman probably wouldn’t even realise there was anything wrong.

Absolute NAP that the 'local authority' basis won't apply to local authority areas in the Central Belt which aren't actually being badly affected.

Meanwhile the Welsh government are already floating the idea of a second 'firebreak' lockdown for January within 48 hours of their first one beginning. 

So much for those adult conversations between governments and the public!