Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Correct, we had a night curfew for about a month in April, also zero alcohol sales.

Bangkok post were reporting that 1000 people broke the curfew each night, that's out of 69 milllion.  Why? If you got caught you got a fine and a truncheon to the face.....

I have wondered if zero alcohol sales was coming down the tracks in Scotland - might go some way to stop the house parties that are apparently causing the virus to spread.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My solution is to move all the people in Scotland who are upset about the restrictions to Wales and let all the Welsh folk who are happy to comply come to Scotland.

You really are a pathetic hypocrite aren’t you, trying to act the enraged restriction-abiding citizen, considering your embarrassing stance on restrictions at the peak of this.

Enjoy Wales.

23 hours ago, WATTOO said:

They're all still at a relatively early stage and it's highly unlikely that any of them even if successful will provide 100% immunity.

They'd be shouting from the rooftops if they thought a foolproof vaccine was going to be imminently available.

The vaccine won't be ready this time next year, never mind for Christmas 2020.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I don't think they will, the fallout would be immense.  

I have however stocked up with copious amounts of beers, wine and spirits just in case mind you...

I might even become temporarily popular on here, given that I will retain unfettered access to alcohol throughout.

15 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm confused as to why you are thankful that a coalition, that would force political pointscoring on both sides to be suspended in favour of working together, is, given the unique situation we find ourselves currently in, a bad thing.

I'm confused why a details man like you thinks the SNP has a parliamentary majority.

22 hours ago, Donathan said:

If that’s the case we should just get on with our lives IMHO

I came round to that conclusion a wee while ago. Those that need to (e.g: me, my wife and our daughter) continue to shield as best as possible with very limited contact with others, and those that don't need to shield carry on (with continued social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing etc). 

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma

22 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean, to all intents, more scientists and epidemiologists are pointing towards it being endemic than not. 

Too many people have in their head that a vaccine is going to be developed, cure it outright and it will be consigned to the history books. This is almost certainly not the case.

A vaccine, more realistically, like the flu vaccine, will give the old and vulnerable a far greater level of protection against the effects but not be foolproof. People with the flu vaccine still can and do die of flu and the same will be the case with covid, particularly with the early vaccines.

Somebody else can get them, then...

18 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I might even become temporarily popular on here, given that I will retain unfettered access to alcohol throughout.

I wouldn’t take a drink off a Tory. Even if it was free. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I wouldn’t take a drink off a Tory. Even if it was free. 

After voting for the useless b*****ds twice, I have vowed never to repeat that mistake. A bit presumptive of you to think you were on the list anyway.

20 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’ve got asthma, I still wear a masks.

I've COPD, I wear a mask (on the very odd occasion I'm out) find it most uncomfortable, but for the sake of 15 minutes or so I thole it.

52 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You really are a pathetic hypocrite aren’t you, trying to act the enraged restriction-abiding citizen, considering your embarrassing stance on restrictions at the peak of this.

Enjoy Wales.

I didn’t break any restrictions.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

When the population of P&B has far too much blood in their veins than they are used to, you will get chased down and lynched by the balls if we in this country end up with a lengthy alcohol ban and you are the only one here posting pictures of what alcoholic beverages you are drinking.

There are somethings on social media you just don't boast about.

I like your style of retribution, you're on the list.