Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I cant help but think we are going to just see flitting between tier 3/4 in the central belt for the next 6months until either a vaccine is found or a suitable treatment identified. Why we dont have widespread testing is entirely beyond me, its absolutely necessary to be testing as many people as possible yet isnt being done. If you look at testing in the premiership teams its been effective in identifying essentially work places which have the virus, isolating positive tests and allowing for further testing of contacts, this should be getting repeated all over the country and investment in rapid testing systems being prioritised, it may even allow for a lessening of restrictions. 

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I had a look at the 'neighbourhood' data this morning, it seems to being driven by 8 cases in Letham over the last week. No other area in Perth has more than 4. Kinross has 8 as well, they are the only other area above 4 in P&K.

Nuke Letham IMO.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Never mind f*cking Christmas, we're all going to be stuck in at Hogmanay watching Only an Excuse and a repeat of some tartan tat from years gone by 😱

and no alcohol sales.  I posted this about 2 weeks ago. 10th Oct

Stick in there lads, only 2 and half months until Hogmanay is cancelled, and maybe even dry.  Let that sink in folks.  It happened here.  We survived...  

Why do you and others keep making out this is political or a "power grab" when it's quite obviously not ?
As I've already posted, the English advisers to BJ are saying the exact same thing as Leitch and only an idiot would honestly believe that in under 8 weeks the virus will be gone and everything will suddenly be ok.
BJ is telling the moronic masses what they want to hear and even he doesn't believe it, on the other hand the SG is telling it how it is, however unpalatable that reality may be, still, it beats being treated as an idiot in my book.

The Scottish Government were great at telling us how it is when we were moving very slowly out of lockdown as we would benefit in the long term.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Never mind f*cking Christmas, we're all going to be stuck in at Hogmanay watching Only an Excuse and a repeat of some tartan tat from years gone by 😱

Look on the bright side they may make  a Mrs Browns Boys hogmany special aswell....😭

49 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

The Scottish Government were great at telling us how it is when we were moving very slowly out of lockdown as we would benefit in the long term.

I know and it still didn't work, why they are saying it's a very long road

17 minutes ago, Stan Hope said:

probably because they have more knowledge of the virus than they did in the spring, add to that, they didnt factor in that we have a shitload of fannies who don't think restrictions or advice applies to them.

I tend to think they have as much knowledge of the virus now as they did in the spring.

Surely everyone knows this country has a shitload of fannies

19 minutes ago, Stan Hope said:

probably because they have more knowledge of the virus than they did in the spring, add to that, they didnt factor in that we have a shitload of fannies who don't think restrictions or advice applies to them.

enter stage right - Charlie Windsor

Does anyone know what exactly the new tier system will mean for gyms? I read it as them being allowed to stay open for individual exercise but heard someone in there this morning say that they would have to shut at tier 3.

3 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Well, it has ramped up again here. Intensive care escalation plan activated. Medical staff redeployment from other areas about to happen. Can't wait.

Does there seem to be a better plan to deal with routine non-covid stuff this time round, or are they going for the same shitshow? 

Spent a bit of time reading the new SG document for these tiered restrictions.

Unless I'm wrong, these are basically in place until a vaccine is well on the go? Yet it offers no estimation of when this might be? I struggle to understand why this is. Surely some approximation can be offered as to when these new restrictions will end. Surely those in the 'vaccine game' must know when these Phase 3 efficacy trials are due to be completed.

Unless I'm wrong, these are basically in place until a vaccine is well on the go? Yet it offers no estimation of when this might be? I struggle to understand why this is. Surely some approximation can be offered as to when these new restrictions will end. Surely those in the 'vaccine game' must know when these Phase 3 efficacy trials are due to be completed.
There's part of me that suspects those in power know a vaccine is coming at some point. Obviously they couldn't come out and say that as it would likely mean a large proportion of the public disregarding any restrictions currently in place.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sensible decision by the Welsh to stop contamination by people lifting cards and putting them back down or come on to fcuk?

ElCqufVX0AAj8I1?format=jpg&name=medium

This is because small retailers which sell   other products (no food or medicines  ) were complaining the last time that supermarkets could continue to sell clothes etc

So becuase they have been closed the supermarkets have had to stop selling everything but food and medicines

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sensible decision by the Welsh to stop contamination by people lifting cards and putting them back down or come on to fcuk?

ElCqufVX0AAj8I1?format=jpg&name=medium

The Welsh Assembly have banned the sale of all non essential items so if the handle falls off your pot, then good luck making dinner. Because the Cardiff diktat have forbidden you from buying a new one.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

They can't say when a vaccine will be proven to be safe and effective until all the testing procedures are complete, and they can't give a definite timeline on that while the transmission rates keep changing amongst the population groups they're testing them on. They need enough people in the group given the placebo to be infected to show that that the vaccine is working and safe for those given the real thing. And after all that it might not be viable, and even if it is they have to produce and distribute billions of them.