Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They're never actually going to say 'everything is perfectly fine now, have at it' though.

It will be normality but I suspect advice to continue hand sanitising (basically be more hygienic) will stick around. Just a bit of psychology.

No issue with that, but as Todd says tier 0 is no more than 8 people indoors. That's not close to normal. Nor is "social distancing". suspect hand sanitizer will beceom prevalent in normal settings for years to come, but everything else can GTF

59 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, renton said:
So, what we thinking, Glasgow and Lanarkshire in tier 3, Edinburgh in tier 2, most of the rest of Central belt in tier 1, Highlands and Islands in 0?

Tayside might be in 2.

Dundee probably will be. With them moving to local authority rather than health board, though, I'd expect #Perthshire and Angus to be in 1.

Dundee probably will be. With them moving to local authority rather than health board, though, I'd expect #Perthshire and Angus to be in 1.

Cases are slightly rising in Perth itself from what I’ve been told but not a major concern, I reckon we’ll be a 2 for a small while.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Page 15 shows the latest maps of cases by local authorities

Level 0 and 1 allow spectators in stadia limited

Page 62

this looks like football fans back on November 2nd

Which year?

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cases are slightly rising in Perth itself from what I’ve been told but not a major concern, I reckon we’ll be a 2 for a small while.

I had a look at the 'neighbourhood' data this morning, it seems to being driven by 8 cases in Letham over the last week. No other area in Perth has more than 4. Kinross has 8 as well, they are the only other area above 4 in P&K.

I had a look at the 'neighbourhood' data this morning, it seems to being driven by 8 cases in Letham over the last week. No other area in Perth has more than 4. Kinross has 8 as well, they are the only other area above 4 in P&K.

Plenty of muppets near my bit in letham had parties at the weekend due to a certain football match...wonder if that’s contributed.

1 hour ago, renton said:

So, what we thinking, Glasgow and Lanarkshire in tier 3, Edinburgh in tier 2, most of the rest of Central belt in tier 1, Highlands and Islands in 0?

Doubt it.

The 'Wider Central Belt' (roughly Girvan - Brechin) Level 3. Everywhere else, except Western Isles Level 2. Western Isles Level 1

Page 15 shows the latest maps of cases by local authorities

Level 0 and 1 allow spectators in stadia limited

Page 62

this looks like football fans back on November 2nd

So is football Stadia & Events ?

If so expect fans back in highland league etc from November 2nd.

Surely you both don't actually believe that?

Surely there is no one who genuinely believes any area will ever be in Level 0 or Level 4?

If the reason for chosing 0-4 is to broadly align levels 1-3 with England, then expect only those to be used.

Level 4 is classic SG "Look what we could do if only we had the power to do so" (in this case that power is borrow money to support businesses and jobs that are closed), and Level 0 is there as a carrot to incentivise compliance, and direct the public to blame each other rather than the SG for it being out of reach (eg "If you just wear a mask 24/7 (except in schools) we will be in Level 0 by x date 😡😡").

By the time Level 0 becomes realistic (ie the Spring) we'll either be ready for a new routemap, or we'll all move together.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

My favourite part of the new tier system is that weddings in tier 4 permit a maximum of 5 individuals, or 6 if an interpreter is needed. Who the hell is marrying someone that they don't speak the same language as? 

Surely the interpreter is for the minister / celebrant's benefit, rather than those being married?

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

My favourite part of the new tier system is that weddings in tier 4 permit a maximum of 5 individuals, or 6 if an interpreter is needed. Who the hell is marrying someone that they don't speak the same language as? 

I've seen this. One of my pals married a Portuguese speaker in Germany. She speaks English but not great German so they had an interpreter to translate the ceremony from German to Portuguese.

11 minutes ago, Donathan said:

People do have, and have married, deaf partners though. 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Also interesting that the new guidelines are the first tacit admission from the SG that zero covid is no longer considered possible. A vaccine is needed to go beyond level 0.

Hopefully the end of Devoid Sridhar as a main string puller

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Also interesting that the new guidelines are the first tacit admission from the SG that zero covid is no longer considered possible. A vaccine is needed to go beyond level 0.

Can't be right. The Scottish Government was fully signed up to a Zero Covid approach per one of its main advisers.