Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

No, it’s about having a system that allows for looser restrictions than level 1 in England, while keeping the numbering of the common levels consistent. 

There should always be an avenue to return to normal, regardless of how likely it is.

More "New Normal" bumf is provided here:

"Vaccinations
Once completed on a large enough scale, 
vaccinations will play an important role in 
ensuring we return to as close to normal life as possible."

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well you caused grave, grave offence.

The majority of voters down here are not Tories, so please avoid that essentially right wing thing of attributing characteristics to individuals within a population, based on a perceived big picture.

We'll be Level 2 I would think.  We had a well publicised spate of deaths at a care home recently that you must have missed.

A plurality are though, I guess. 

I'm obviously just spitballing. It can't just be incidence rates they go on, but also rates of change as well, at least. It'd be nice if they had well defined criteria for this, but  what's the betting it ends up being a decision made by committee on an ad hoc basis from week to week.

Pubs selling alcohol indoors levels 0 and 1 only, permitted only with food level 2 and totally banned levels 3 and 4.

Even in level 0 weddings max 50 and levels 1 and above max 20, that is going to be a huge issue come the Spring and Summer given how many were rescheduled this year.

34 minutes ago, The Master said:

It starts at 0. As a computer scientist I fully endorse this numbering system. 

Tiers 1-3 will have broadly similar restrictions to the same tiers in England so I imagine it’s been designed to try and avoid confusion. 

As someone who used to write programs for the Amstrad home computer I concur and agree.

32 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Basically England but level lower for the teuchtars

That's no how ye spell teuchters

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

They are changing to local authorities instead of health boards.
Hopefully the south of Fife will not drag us down and we can be with the highlander teuchters.
Scottish current average 150 cases per 100k in 7 days.
Fife 56.5

That's how ye spell it.

Are there well defined entry and exit criteria for the various levels?

I assume you will start based on a magic cases per 100k in last 7 days number. Baseline currently is 150 and still rising. Politicians are never going to publish specific entry requirements .

I would be surprised even at this point if anywhere was placed into tier 4 (or is it 5?). Being a "proud" resident of North Lanarkshire I expect us to be fired into tier 3. Being put into tier 4 would be soul destroying.

Essentially if you aren't from Glasgow + the West and Lanarkshire you'll be pretty sound to get back to the football at some point soon. I can not imagine seeing Lanarkshire and Glasgow being anywhere near Tier 1 unless there is a circuit breaker lockdown. There has been very little change here in Lanarkshire since the tough enforcements. In fact,  the cases are going up and up. It's almost as if...it isn't the hospitality industry and events with social distancing causing this spike?

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Which was ripped up after the grand total of 9 days...

Exactly, I dont expect this to be any different. Possibly lasts slightly longer but will be replaced soon enough.

It'll be replaced in Spring when the goalposts move again after a winter where 'cases' soar, but overall mortality is essentially normal.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There should always be an avenue to return to normal, regardless of how likely it is.

More "New Normal" bumf is provided here:

"Vaccinations
Once completed on a large enough scale, 
vaccinations will play an important role in 
ensuring we return to as close to normal life as possible."

Agree with this. That's shite. If there's a vaccine, then we are surely at the point of "done as much as we can". Covid 19 then just becomes another on the list of things that can potentially kill you, of which there are many which we do not attempt to mitigate by destroying society.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree with this. That's shite. If there's a vaccine, then we are surely at the point of "done as much as we can". Covid 19 then just becomes another on the list of things that can potentially kill you, of which there are many which we do not attempt to mitigate by destroying society.

They're never actually going to say 'everything is perfectly fine now, have at it' though.

It will be normality but I suspect advice to continue hand sanitising (basically be more hygienic) will stick around. Just a bit of psychology.