Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Jason Leitch is one of the most patronising, condescending c***s going.

One of many bonuses when this is over is that we'll hopefully never need to see or hear from him again.

Not before he gets held accountable for all of his gormless pronouncements and emptied from his post.

17 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Christmas is pish, I'm not bothered about restrictions there. The Edinburgh market has definitely been cancelled now as far as I'm aware. That was something that had the potential to be good but ended up shite. 

The Edinburgh Christmas Market is absolute trash and I for one am delighted to see "Underbelly" lose out on any income from it. Horrible lot. 

Edited by Big Fifer

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It is exhausting being correct all of the time.

That "paper" was an embarrassment and it should have come under scrutiny by the media weeks ago.

It's hardly surprising when you see the list of names of people who compiled that particular piece of THE SCIENCE garbage.

The paper was a great survey into what people do over a week. Little more.

There were glaring omissions for me:

Schools

Shops

Public Transport

Either they didn't ask people if they used / visited any of those, or they did, and the bars on their wee chart for those would have been higher than the things they wanted to lay the blame on.

Hospitality, in the main, has bent over backwards to adhere to the "covid secure" guidelines, often at cost.

Either the "covid secure" stuff wasn't worth the paper it was written on (in which case you could argue the SG should cover the cost), or the SG are once more playing populist politics with their "schools are the priority" mantra.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

The ones over here are superb but sadly also cancelled.

I think they are still scheduled for Berlin (which I appreciate is not where you live).

I'm meant to be going to Berlin just before Christmas but I'll be surprised if I get to.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

The Edinburgh Christmas Market is absolute trash and I for one am delighted to see "Udderbelly" lose out on any income from it. Horrible lot. 

It's murder eh? 

Underbelly can gtf. Haven't met a local resident that likes them. 

Just now, Boostin' Kev said:

It's murder eh? 

Underbelly can gtf. Haven't met a local resident that likes them. 

I used to be based in Edinburgh (albeit in Gorgie and not city centre) but worked at Edinburgh Station. The months of Nov-Jan were always a nightmare before you even take into account the fringe. I get the idea that companies pay the council for using this space which should in turn help fund local services, but the whole concept doesn't quite sit right with me. Folk having to get permits to get into their own houses? It's a no from me, not to mention the fact that the green spaces at Princes St are completely fucked for about 2 months after the market/fringe so the locals can't enjoy them.

The markets are also just absolutely shite. 

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What size of gathering does he think will be acceptable? I usually have my parents, the wife’s parents, the wife’s sister and family and her brother and her grandad. Now to be fair, that is too many at the best of times, but I wonder what he sees as an acceptable number. 

I don't know why he says anything tbh.

On one hand you have NS saying she doesn't know what things will look like in a few weeks, and on the other you have this bell end saying things like this.

There's clearly a lack of cohesion between the podium twins, and, whilst it demonstrates again that Leitch is incapable of holding his water, it also makes NS look a bit stupid when she maintains that no decisions have been made on things.

I don't know why he says anything tbh.
On one hand you have NS saying she doesn't know what things will look like in a few weeks, and on the other you have this bell end saying things like this.
There's clearly a lack of cohesion between the podium twins, and, whilst it demonstrates again that Leitch is incapable of holding his water, it also makes NS look a bit stupid when she maintains that no decisions have been made on things.

Perhaps it is foreshadowed so that it isn’t a complete surprise when it happens?

Guest bernardblack
I used to be based in Edinburgh (albeit in Gorgie and not city centre) but worked at Edinburgh Station. The months of Nov-Jan were always a nightmare before you even take into account the fringe. I get the idea that companies pay the council for using this space which should in turn help fund local services, but the whole concept doesn't quite sit right with me. Folk having to get permits to get into their own houses? It's a no from me, not to mention the fact that the green spaces at Princes St are completely fucked for about 2 months after the market/fringe so the locals can't enjoy them.

The markets are tragic and ruin the gardens.

The Edinburgh Christmas market is absolutely terrible. Seems to exist purely so vacuous birds can get a pic for Instagram and pretend that they actually enjoyed being freezing cold, crammed in looking at shite overpriced generic tat. It’s a no for me. Won’t be missed.

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Because I'm a saddo I looked up the answer in the Scottish Parliament record.  In her answer to Leonard she said

So she did say it was her "firm intention" they would be lifted.

Instead we got an extention, and the introduction of a tier system, which isn't time-limited.

Not very firm then 🤣

Edited by Todd_is_God

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

If he believes the majority of folk are going to comply with this he’s more deluded than I thought 

How is he defining large? By measuring it against his ego? 

If he measures it against your IQ then we're definitely fucked.

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Perhaps it is foreshadowed so that it isn’t a complete surprise when it happens?

I wasn't meaning to make any comment about whether it will/wont should/shouldn't happen. More that it shows they clearly have discussed that this is likely (as they will do most things), but unlike NS, JL is incapable of holding his tongue and sticking to the line that nothing is decided yet.

It's a weakness.

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

The parking permits idea and boarding up/wrecking of public green spaces is a disgrace. Locals that can still afford to live here aren't happy. It'll change though, the Save Leith Walk campaign has shown it can happen. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Brilliant that you think it's only the 'Old Boys' who voted them in.  :lol: 

As pointed out previously as an example, the electorate of greater Manchester is 1.2m people. Only 60,000 more voted Labour in the last GE than voted Tory.

There must be some population disparity of gammon-faced men in their 50-80s around Manchester if that's the case.

There are 2.8 million people in Greater Manchester (not sure how many voters). The Tories and Brexit got almost exactly 500,000 votes. Interestingly rather than the Red Wall breaking the Lab/Tory percentages in 2019 in GM exactly match the 1992 result. 

Over the whole of the UK over 55s account for 40% of the electorate. In terms of who votes on the day they are the majority. Gammon power is real.

Edited by Detournement

So she did say it was her "firm intention" they would be lifted.
Instead we got an extention, and the introduction of a tier system, which isn't time-limited.
Not very firm then 🤣

But not that they were “absolutely time limited”, which was your mewling claim.

40 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I do enjoy those that get outraged by leitch and devri hang on every word/tweet they put and get outraged even more..its tremendous 

Haha lol at those roasters getting wound up at Scotland having its Covid policy set by a guy that's probably been featured on the Jeans and Sheaux account and a woman who has Live Laugh Love wall art.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I wasn't meaning to make any comment about whether it will/wont should/shouldn't happen. More that it shows they clearly have discussed that this is likely (as they will do most things), but unlike NS, JL is incapable of holding his tongue and sticking to the line that nothing is decided yet.

It's a weakness.

It's a clearly strategy of him basically leaking ideas so that when Sturgeon mentions them later there is less of a reaction. 

Just now, Wee Bully said:

But not that they were “absolutely time limited”, which was your mewling claim.

I said NS absolutely said that they were time limited, which ICTChris has shown to be correct.

Comprehension is not your strong point is it?