Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Good luck with that - not enough Police in the land  to control this.
No way will Sturgeon allow this as it will hammer her election prospects.
Both Governments do not have a clue what they are doing and the public are getting close to saying "Enough is Enough"

IMG_3932.jpg

Hope everyone’s got their digital crackers ready.
I do wonder if the police will be going round throwing people out their families house on Christmas Day... Somehow I think not.

16 minutes ago, PWL said:

Posted without comment. From the FT.

The ILE researchers attributed the low infection levels in the German schools surveyed to strict hygiene measures, including mask wearing, teaching in small fixed groups and rapid testing and quarantining of classes where a student or teacher had tested positive.

That sounds like a similar set-up to the UK. 😂

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

22 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Got chosen to do the anti-body testing, should be interesting to see results across those working in education.

I got a text today as well for this, finger p***king sounds a bit better than the other test.

Edited by Rizzo

Anyone from the "let's live with the virus" camp ever gone into what would happen if someone decided no to self isolate after getting a positive test or even displaying the symptoms was to pass it on to someone and they died, would the carrier be liable for prosecution? In the same way knowingly giving someone Aids or HIV is an offence? Genuinely interested as the courts are backed up as it is if we start to flood the civil courts even with folk claiming loss of earnings against someone who gave them the virus then it's not going to much of a back to normal life.

55 minutes ago, RiG said:

He's said large family gatherings are unlikely not that gatherings of any size are banned altogether.

What size of gathering does he think will be acceptable? I usually have my parents, the wife’s parents, the wife’s sister and family and her brother and her grandad. Now to be fair, that is too many at the best of times, but I wonder what he sees as an acceptable number. 

On 08/10/2020 at 16:13, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I don't think anyone would disagree that the paper released by the Scottish government yesterday was a joke and intentionally misleading in order to help them reach the "shut hospitality" sticking plaster conclusion from the start.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I see even the SNP's propaganda paper is questioning their decisions

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18812534.covid-nicola-sturgeons-evidence-hospitality-ban-called-question/

THERE are questions over the data used by the Scottish Government to justify strict Covid restrictions on hospitality, with one academic branding the evidence “weak and in some cases non-existent.”

It is exhausting being correct all of the time.

That "paper" was an embarrassment and it should have come under scrutiny by the media weeks ago.

It's hardly surprising when you see the list of names of people who compiled that particular piece of THE SCIENCE garbage.

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yorkshire and The Humber 2019 Election.

Screenshot_20201022-112414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d23e80fb4745e02eed4c322af6ddbd24.jpg

Eee by c***s.

So roughly a 10% swing on 66% turnout so the decisive voters he describes amount to 1/18th of the population who undoubtedly skew old, male and white.

To me that doesn't justify sneering at people from those areas who are angry that the treasury spent half a billion on subsidised restaurant meals but won't feed the poorest kids. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Jason Leitch tells BBC there will be no gatherings allowed over Christmas

If he believes the majority of folk are going to comply with this he’s more deluded than I thought 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

He's said large family gatherings are unlikely not that gatherings of any size are banned altogether.

How is he defining large? By measuring it against his ego? 

10 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Christmas is pish, I'm not bothered about restrictions there. The Edinburgh market has definitely been cancelled now as far as I'm aware. That was something that had the potential to be good but ended up shite. 

You don't want to see your family?

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Nicola Sturgeon absolutely said they were time limited, even in the Central Belt.

It was Richard Leonard that asked.

Because I'm a saddo I looked up the answer in the Scottish Parliament record.  In her answer to Leonard she said

On the review, it is our firm intention that these measures will be lifted at the end of two weeks. I am not saying that I will first come back to Parliament and say that; they will be lifted at the end of the two-week period. Obviously it stands to reason that we will monitor the virus between now and then, and if there are any changes to any of that, we will report to Parliament. However, our intention is that these are time-limited measures.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What size of gathering does he think will be acceptable? I usually have my parents, the wife’s parents, the wife’s sister and family and her brother and her grandad. Now to be fair, that is too many at the best of times, but I wonder what he sees as an acceptable number. 

I've no idea he doesn't elaborate on exact numbers but he certainly doesn't say no gatherings allowed at all over Christmas as was being suggested earlier in the thread*. Complete guesswork on my part but I would surmise he is saying that having 4 or 5 or more households getting together for a meal is likely out but hopefully small gatherings may be permitted, perhaps with another household a family may have formed a bubble with but it's probably still too early to say. Hopefully folk will still be able to meet up but perhaps in reduced numbers from usual.

*Obviously this could change if things go south.

Edited by RiG