Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Looks like he’s pretty much saying that.

He's said large family gatherings are unlikely not that gatherings of any size are banned altogether.

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

January is always shite but January without a decent festive season beforehand is going to be utterly grim. 

Hoping there will be another lull in transmission by then and I'll finally get a holiday somewhere hot.

Guest bernardblack

Scenes when Scottish counties are in different tiers, so boozers etc can open in certain areas and stay closed in others.

I might reactivate my Facebook account for it

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Yes mate. The people tweeting are the same ones who voted Tory. Old boys in Yorkshire love a hashtag. 

Great analysis.

Brilliant that you think it's only the 'Old Boys' who voted them in.  :lol: 

As pointed out previously as an example, the electorate of greater Manchester is 1.2m people. Only 60,000 more voted Labour in the last GE than voted Tory.

There must be some population disparity of gammon-faced men in their 50-80s around Manchester if that's the case.

56 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Jason Leitch tells BBC there will be no gatherings allowed over Christmas

Good luck with that - not enough Police in the land  to control this.

No way will Sturgeon allow this as it will hammer her election prospects.

Both Governments do not have a clue what they are doing and the public are getting close to saying "Enough is Enough"

13 minutes ago, Elric said:

Good luck with that - not enough Police in the land  to control this.

Both Governments do not have a clue what they are doing and the public are getting close to saying "Enough is Enough"

No it won't.  She could absolish Christmas and she'd get re-elected.

I've seen a few suggestions that when the SG brought in the 16 day reset / circuit breaker that they had said it would be strictly time limited, to provide reassurace to the hospitality industry and now they have extended it and will effectively do so again for a lot of the country when the tiers come in.  I haven't looked up exactly what was said at the time but I do recall the expectation being set for the Central Belt seeing an extension in measures.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I've seen a few suggestions that when the SG brought in the 16 day reset / circuit breaker that they had said it would be strictly time limited, to provide reassurace to the hospitality industry and now they have extended it and will effectively do so again for a lot of the country when the tiers come in.  I haven't looked up exactly what was said at the time but I do recall the expectation being set for the Central Belt seeing an extension in measures.

Nicola Sturgeon absolutely said they were time limited, even in the Central Belt.

It was Richard Leonard that asked.

28 minutes ago, Elric said:

I can see the "Independence is the only way Scotland can re-build a normal Christmas" statement coming from some absolute no mark advisor already.

Good to see tears and snotters about Christmas. Anyone who imagined you would be having a normal Christmas with 20 folk in the house and cousins from Liverpool coming up really hasn’t been paying attention.

I’m more annoyed that the Burns season is ruined, but I’ll get over it.