Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If we're still going down memory lane I'll repeat the WHO position that at the time there was a worry that panic buying by the general public, including yourself it would appear, would prevent hospital workers getting hold of them. And you'll go "Czechia", and I'll go "Well that's going well.".  Saves time.

The reason why Czechia has a wave now is because it decided to stop widespread mask restrictions over the summer. Its restrictions however stopped a first wave from even happening in the spring, so I don't think they'll be taking lectures on how to control the pandemic from the Scottish Government or indeed the WHO. Given that those organisations have had a rolling, absolute disaster throughout the entire year.

It's always amusing to see you pop up on the side of the beleaguered authorities on this thread - until of course they decide to bin attending non-league teuchter football and then you throw your toys out the pram and sign utterly tragic petitions about it. How many signatures did your temper tantrum protest to the government end up getting btw? 

Edited by vikingTON

41 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres still been plenty of violent crime and road accidents. 

Any source I've seen has said this stuff is down a fair bit year on year. Noone is saying they haven't happened. 

Erm no, the main purpose of wearing masks was and still is to stop it spreading via droplets. Just as other respiratory viruses do. Wearing a mask does next to nothing to guard against purely airborne spread because - surprise! - the virus is easily small enough to get through all the crap cotton/badly fitting masks. The large droplets however don't which is why face coverings get so clammy after about three seconds of use.
Literally none of this is new information that was not available to the National Clinical Director  of Scotland in March. It was in fact so fucking obvious that even a lay person yours truly managed to snap up N95 masks before this clown started gurning about cultural differences. Safe in the knowledge that he would be proved wrong: which he duly was.
Chinese said it was airborne in February.

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/china-officially-announces-that-the-coronavirus-can-be-airborne-and-can-be-conditionally-spread-via-aerosol-transmission-

I remember this because it was a game changer. Pretty sure the YouTube doctor mentioned this. Watched him at the start of the outbreak.
The uk made a complete arse of everything and ignored all advice.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It does, however, show that, regardless of how it's come about, the NHS has more spare capacity than normal for this time of year, when we don't normally do anything to "protect it."

Stating that it is full or in danger of being overrun when it isn't just erodes confidence in anything being said.

I don't think they're lying. I think they are mitigating for possible bad scenarios. 

Also, that graph doesn't really show how full a hospital is. It only shows patients admitted. 

Nonetheless, the implication you're making is they're saying it is worse than it is, or that they are being unrealistic / deliberately lying that it is in danger of getting worse than it is. 

Yet it's a only a month or so ago that people were declaring the pandemic over, now we're having tighter restrictions, governments across Europe are implementing lockdowns or taking tougher measures, but people are pronouncing as lies govt concerns that hospitals may find themselves in trouble again. 

Dont quote me on this, but I'm sure I saw that one Liverpool (?) icu was operating at 95% last week. 

I've yet to see any credible reason why our govt (and many other governments) would be arguing that their hospitals could be in danger of being over-run if they aren't 🤷‍♂️ 

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm no, the main purpose of wearing masks was and still is to stop it spreading via droplets. Just as other respiratory viruses do. Wearing a mask does next to nothing to guard against purely airborne spread because - surprise! - the virus is easily small enough to get through all the crap cotton/badly fitting masks. The large droplets however don't which is why face coverings get so clammy after about three seconds of use.

Literally none of this is new information that was not available to the National Clinical Director  of Scotland in March. It was in fact so fucking obvious that even a lay person yours truly managed to snap up N95 masks before this clown started gurning about cultural differences. Safe in the knowledge that he would be proved wrong: which he duly was.

Pic please or it didn't happen 

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."  - Mark Twain

Pretty apt given your incredibly narrow field of website source material and propensity for posting irrelevant graphs that don't say what you think they say 👍 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's always amusing to see you pop up on the side of the beleaguered authorities on this thread - until of course they decide to bin attending non-league teuchter football and then you throw your toys out the pram and sign utterly tragic petitions about it. How many signatures did your temper tantrum protest to the government end up getting btw? 

I don't think anyone thinks having spectators at Highland League or North Caledonian League games amounts to a serious risk to public health. You happen to think all spectator sport should be banned until Cappilow is opened up, fair enough.

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive not seen what I would class as a significant drop in levels of violence, particularly given people haven’t stopped having house parties, domestic abuse/assault has risen also. Not every assault results in a trip to A&E. Massive rise in mental health matters across the board too. 

May well be the case but the initial post you replied was specifically discussing hospital admissions, so the above isn’t really relevant to that point.

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Even back in April and May, hardly any “covid hospital admissions” were for covid.

Deaths in hospitals and admissions to hospitals are running way below the normal average.

We’re being lied to 

38D07896-05AD-4010-9CEF-167CFF2368E1.jpeg

I mean this graph bears absolutely no relation to your wild blurb above. What is it you think it shows, because that isn't really clear from your post. You seem to be suggesting there is some kind of comparison from year to year, yet it only shows data from a 6 week period. What is ICHT. Is 50 or so patients a lot? How long were they in hospital for? etc

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Because they are relying on faulty models with erroneous assumptions.

Because they cannot now say that they got it wrong.

Governments will only continue to double down.

Why did governments tell us that Iraq had WMD that they could deploy in minutes? Why did they double down on it? And back then, the majority of the public believed them and supported them. 

So because they made a mistake in their models they are going to actively destroy their economies, render hundreds of millions of people unemployed etc etc. Not just that, but globally the vast vast majority are doing it. Goepolitically, why are no countries taking advantage of this? Why are they all behaving in a similar way?

This would be the ideal time (China and India aside) for a country to take complete advantage here. Are they all tactically stupid, or are they all reacting to a dangerous virus in the same way because its a dangerous virus? It's a toughie. 

13 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

So despite me not staying that it’s a comparison from year to year and specifically stating the time you’ve stated that I’ve said something completely different.... which I didn’t?

You should maybe try reading what I posted :1eye

I read it. But you didn't show that in what you said. Where is the comparison? How much was it last year? What were patients admitted with last year? How many? Is just over 100 a lot for wherever this is? I'm guessing none at all were admitted with covid, so you're saying that there are more covid admissions this year between April and May than there were last year but without showing any evidence from last year ? 

That graph only shows number of patients admitted somewhere with covid in a six week period, yet you're trying to say it shows a comparison year on year of... I'm not entirely sure what. 

I mean, you actually say that hardly any covid admissions were with covid, yet that's not really what the graph shows at all. 

Edited by madwullie

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think anyone thinks having spectators at Highland League or North Caledonian League games amounts to a serious risk to public health. You happen to think all spectator sport should be banned until Cappilow is opened up, fair enough.

Quite clearly your big hero Jason does or else it wouldn't be banned for the foreseeable future on public health grounds. Gutted for you.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

11:59pm on Friday night.

Like a beautiful painting': image of New Year's mayhem in Manchester goes  viral | UK news | The Guardian

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I might get a print of that for my office wall. The guy in blue hasn't broken his bottle and despite being prostrate is still trying to get a drink.  It's a testament to indefatigable spirit.

Here's tae us, wha's like us,

No mony, and they're a' deid

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Brora let a rake of folk into their game on the weekend. They're denying it, but they can be seen in the match photos. 

23 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I read it. But you didn't show that in what you said. Where is the comparison? How much was it last year? What were patients admitted with last year? How many? Is just over 100 a lot for wherever this is? I'm guessing none at all were admitted with covid, so you're saying that there are more covid admissions this year between April and May than there were last year but without showing any evidence from last year ? 

That graph only shows number of patients admitted somewhere with covid in a six week period, yet you're trying to say it shows a comparison year on year of... I'm not entirely sure what. 

I mean, you actually say that hardly any covid admissions were with covid, yet that's not really what the graph shows at all. 

While we're here, your first graph that shows admissions: how long were those people in hospital? How long is someone in with covid? How long is the normal hospital stay? 

Admissions aren't really massively relevant if people are in hospital for say 30 days and the nhs usually functions on the average stay being 7 days.