Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

In a queue to get in a shop for the first time on a while.

There is undoubtedly a way to blame the Old Firm for this. Just need to join the dots.

Can you just not sneak in?

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Only the17hrs late when my results dropped into my inbox last night. No text as promised as either. Negative. 

I don't think nearly 60hrs is good enough. I work at home currently and my contact with others is extremely limited at the moment, but for those in different positions this is ineffective and just gives an alresdy creaking track and trace system a harder job in the event of a positive test. 

From a purely selfish perspective I wouldn't have been too bothered if the test had positive - other than a pretty bad cough, I felt absolutely fine. To be honest I felt a bit of a fraud going to get the test in the first place. 

This is where I think problems are going to start. I put my symptom into the app, which told me to isolate for 8 days (symptoms were 2 days old) and to get a test booked. It said this even though fever and loss of taste/smell were not selected. We're heading into winter and it is perfectly feasible I might end up with several coughs over the next few months and it seems a huge waste of resources if I get a test every time this happens if I am otherwise feeling fine. I am certainly disinclined to use the symptom checker now that I know what happens if you do enter a symptom, that's for sure. 

Try to stay positive.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Only the17hrs late when my results dropped into my inbox last night. No text as promised as either. Negative. 

I don't think nearly 60hrs is good enough. I work at home currently and my contact with others is extremely limited at the moment, but for those in different positions this is ineffective and just gives an alresdy creaking track and trace system a harder job in the event of a positive test. 

From a purely selfish perspective I wouldn't have been too bothered if the test had positive - other than a pretty bad cough, I felt absolutely fine. To be honest I felt a bit of a fraud going to get the test in the first place. 

This is where I think problems are going to start. I put my symptom into the app, which told me to isolate for 8 days (symptoms were 2 days old) and to get a test booked. It said this even though fever and loss of taste/smell were not selected. We're heading into winter and it is perfectly feasible I might end up with several coughs over the next few months and it seems a huge waste of resources if I get a test every time this happens if I am otherwise feeling fine. I am certainly disinclined to use the symptom checker now that I know what happens if you do enter a symptom, that's for sure. 

All the symptom checker does is say you need a test if you have any of the three main symptoms. You have no obligation to get one and the app doesn't know who you are to track you down or anything if you don't. 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

All the symptom checker does is say you need a test if you have any of the three main symptoms. You have no obligation to get one and the app doesn't know who you are to track you down or anything if you don't. 

Not much of a rule breaker tbh. I'd be a useless criminal. 

Do you just enjoy being a negative/resentful arsehole about every little thing?

Fucking cheer up mate, the world with the pandemic isn’t even as bad as your various posts on this thread make it out to be.
And your contributing what here exactly?
Nothing resentful in what happened just saying that sometimes people with kids can be arseholes.
It didn't really effect me.
You seem to be confusing and extrapolating my work situation and making out that I'm bitter and resentful about everything else as a result.
Seems like you're the arsehole here.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Starting to get a bit worried about Todd. Maybe he’s been caught trying to smuggle graphs out of Turkey and is experiencing a Midnight Express scenario.

Not that I'm in any way obsessed, but my finger slipped earlier and I ended up accidentally on his profile and whoops I also ended up on the page that says when he was last active and it was Wednesday. 

Just want him back. Don't give a f**k about badly misrepresented graphs or Karl Sikora quotes. 

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Not that I'm in any way obsessed, but my finger slipped earlier and I ended up accidentally on his profile and whoops I also ended up on the page that says when he was last active and it was Wednesday. 

Just want him back. Don't give a f**k about badly misrepresented graphs or Karl Sikora quotes. 

Maybe Turkish prison wifi is on the up.

To paraphrase Lady Bracknell: To get one case of Covid is unfortunate, to get 3 is carelessness.

I don't think the Saints players have been careless (at least I f*cling hope not). St Mirren players are professional footballers and in an ideal world should be just taking a car to training and matches and coming straight home again. The pubs are shut so they won't be going out for a drink. It may be they have partners who work and may have caught Covid off their partners.

The thing I'm wondering about is of those players who have tested positive how many have schoolage kids.

Of course that couldn't be possibly the source of the infection, could it.. ?

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Starting to get a bit worried about Todd. Maybe he’s been caught trying to smuggle graphs out of Turkey and is experiencing a Midnight Express scenario.

Assume his girlfriend holds up graphs for him to w**k over at visits, instead of showing her tits

On 16/10/2020 at 09:20, Falkirk09Bairn said:

We are old school friends. He texts me when he feels things are getting on top of him on here. That’s what friends do. 

It's amazing that Marshy's Son, given that they have the same IP Address, suddenly became his old school friend. @Tynierose . No one will care but this site has become toxic since the likes of him and VTs wee clique have hijacked it. Just dropped in with my wee posty post to opine that until the echo chamber types are dealt some telts this place is on a death spiral as a lot of liberal politically uninterested posters just want to do what they can & are not interested with constant virtue signalling & getting called out for benign opinions.

3 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Surprised to see Resident Advisor get so much love earlier itt.  The house/techno heads do not like it all.  Omar S even called his last EP f**k RA.

From a pure consumer angle it's a good site in comparison to shit like Ticketmaster and it's never any hassle for getting into venues. I'm past the point of caring about the politics of club culture and am a pure capitalist about it.

And your contributing what here exactly?Nothing resentful in what happened just saying that sometimes people with kids can be arseholes.

It didn't really effect me.

You seem to be confusing and extrapolating my work situation and making out that I'm bitter and resentful about everything else as a result.

Seems like you're the arsehole here.

All you’ve done in this thread is moan and whine about how bad things are to/for you, with constant negative hyperbole. This latest one about grandparents is just another example.

When this first started you were mewling that there would never be a vaccine or treatment and the world was just going to stay like this years and years.

Then when there was announcements the vaccine(s) were in development. You were constantly nearly crying over the fact this had happened so quickly, taking on nobodies point about why that was the case for this virus compared to others.

You’ve moaned constantly about your work. Saying they are forcing people to download the track and trace app, they are telling people they weren’t to go to the pubs when they opened back up, moaning that you were back in the office and that no one was social distancing. You moaned on here about your job many times before, if you really hate it that much you should have just pack it in.

Now this shit about people forcing their parents to look after their kids. I’m sure 95% of the time they are asked grandparents are delighted to get to spend time with the grandkids when they look after them. There may be the occasional time they don’t want to look after them because they had plans or something, but there is no chance that is what split up a married couple there were obviously other issues or your uncle is a complete fruit loop.

Just give it a rest with the constant negativity.

Presumably England only, but this seems like it's just going to push compliance down:

Folk just stop answering the phone to unknown numbers.

The BBC today running another story today about the most vulnerable beginning to get vaccines before year end. To my mind, if they can say that in mid October, they already know that the Oxford vaccine is imminently going to be green lighted, and regardless of all the stories that run alongside about how it's not a silver bullet etc etc, folk are going to expect normality back in short order after one is announced. That will effectively be the end of compliance with any measures other than wash yer hands more and try to keep distance.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

From a pure consumer angle it's a good site in comparison to shit like Ticketmaster and it's never any hassle for getting into venues. I'm past the point of caring about the politics of club culture and am a pure capitalist about it.

Do you need RA/Ticketmaster to get into good venues?