Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some sort of a balance is ok not just dumping kids permanently onto grandparents. I guess I'm biased because of what happened to my relatives.
Cousin is selfish, probably doesn't even realise that she ruined her parents lives when they were supposed to be enjoying retirement.
There must've been other issues with your relatives relationship for that to break it.

Those things are not the reasons why people split up. But they can accentuate the deeper issues.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

There must've been other issues with your relatives relationship for that to break it.

Those things are not the reasons why people split up. But they can accentuate the deeper issues.

Nah, spoke to my uncle he said he was scunnered with it but my auntie wouldn’t say anything against her daughter.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Having kids then deciding that the grandparents need to look after them is a totally selfish thing to do.
We want jobs and kids and holidays and to go out boozing. OK let's dump them onto the grandparents.
My auntie and uncle split up because of it. Cousin mostly used them at the weekend so she could go out in the piss.
Mums and dads who can't afford anything other than getting grandparents to help is a different story and hopefully just a temporary situation. I'd feel guilty to dump my kids onto another family member.

“Dump them”  f**k me you’re making out it’s a horrible chore to look after your grandkids. It’s the best job in the world, far superior imho to being a parent. 

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

“Dump them”  f**k me you’re making out it’s a horrible chore to look after your grandkids. It’s the best job in the world, far superior imho to being a parent. 

Yeah that's true but when people are taking the piss it can really get to you. My ex sister in law used to constantly ask my wife's parents to look after their kids. They would never say no, but when she was sitting in the house tanning wine at 4pm rather than looking after her own kids, no matter how much they love them and enjoyed looking after them, it did grate a bit

44 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah that's true but when people are taking the piss it can really get to you. My ex sister in law used to constantly ask my wife's parents to look after their kids. They would never say no, but when she was sitting in the house tanning wine at 4pm rather than looking after her own kids, no matter how much they love them and enjoyed looking after them, it did grate a bit

We babysit to allow them to work and every now and then a wee break away somewhere, we also babysit to allow one of our sons to play football. As for allowing them to sit and get pissed up, well that’s down to the grandparents to stand up for themselves,  personally mines would get told to go and get fucked

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Bought Viz for the first time in years and had a chuckle at this (my level of humour isn't high tbf)

IMG_20201016_223552071.thumb.jpg.108e06514f8c16484014b8dd9f1a54e3.jpg

Lee Healey put a link to an archive of a load of his viz cartoons on Twitter the other day but I can’t find it. Tears, real tears.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Cases map of London, don’t know the source

IMG_1150.thumb.jpg.6d0bc710878b29dc0aef164eda308f88.jpg

What’s going on in South London? Tweet I grabbed it from suggests the Tube.

Coronavirus isn't going saarf of the river at this time of the night, guv.

Lots of suburban train lines though that will have many of the same issues. I'd check out whether south was ahead of north on cases the first time around back in April.

The places that are getting it worst right now (TFS is the poster child) tend to be those that were still furthest away in the process of peaking when the lockdown was imposed and hence still have the most susceptible people available for a "second wave" after opening up again.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Having kids then deciding that the grandparents need to look after them is a totally selfish thing to do.

We want jobs and kids and holidays and to go out boozing. OK let's dump them onto the grandparents.

My auntie and uncle split up because of it. Cousin mostly used them at the weekend so she could go out in the piss.

Mums and dads who can't afford anything other than getting grandparents to help is a different story and hopefully just a temporary situation. I'd feel guilty to dump my kids onto another family member.

Some sort of a balance is ok not just dumping kids permanently onto grandparents. I guess I'm biased because of what happened to my relatives.

Cousin is selfish, probably doesn't even realise that she ruined her parents lives when they were supposed to be enjoying retirement.

Youre right, its never black and white.

I just don't see how parents who both work can think about having kids. I wouldn't even get a pet in this situation. But as you say things change and happen.

Nah, spoke to my uncle he said he was scunnered with it but my auntie wouldn’t say anything against her daughter.

Do you just enjoy being a negative/resentful arsehole about every little thing?

Fucking cheer up mate, the world with the pandemic isn’t even as bad as your various posts on this thread make it out to be.

On 12/08/2020 at 23:23, Todd_is_God said:

I don't have a narrative.

The revised PHE deaths figures (which bring the daily deaths reporting in line with ScotGov reporting), support what I've been saying for some time. Covid is essentially over as a public health crisis in the UK, and the sooner we stop losing our minds about new cases because "Second wave" and "hundreds are still dying every day" (because they aren't) the sooner we can start getting things on a sensible road back to normality.

It's not my fault that people unquestioningly bought into the continued fear and hysteria, and stuck their fingers in their ears at even the slightest suggestion that they might be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

20200812_214344.jpg

^^^^ 'might be wrong'

On 14/10/2020 at 14:11, Michael W said:

Can confirm that the test is not pleasant! Walk in site and had to administer it myself. Results apparently in 24-42hrs. 

Only the17hrs late when my results dropped into my inbox last night. No text as promised as either. Negative. 

I don't think nearly 60hrs is good enough. I work at home currently and my contact with others is extremely limited at the moment, but for those in different positions this is ineffective and just gives an alresdy creaking track and trace system a harder job in the event of a positive test. 

From a purely selfish perspective I wouldn't have been too bothered if the test had positive - other than a pretty bad cough, I felt absolutely fine. To be honest I felt a bit of a fraud going to get the test in the first place. 

This is where I think problems are going to start. I put my symptom into the app, which told me to isolate for 8 days (symptoms were 2 days old) and to get a test booked. It said this even though fever and loss of taste/smell were not selected. We're heading into winter and it is perfectly feasible I might end up with several coughs over the next few months and it seems a huge waste of resources if I get a test every time this happens if I am otherwise feeling fine. I am certainly disinclined to use the symptom checker now that I know what happens if you do enter a symptom, that's for sure.