Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I was told of a group travelling from Dumbarton to Blackpool this weekend to watch the game in a pub. 

Ive heard stories about buses heading down to, the only way it could be any fun is if pubs turn a blind eye to the household rule and social distancing, which I’m guessing they are .This is exactly the kind of selfish shit that will see the rest of us get slapped with restrictions as a result

I call shite on that article. A game of 7s lasts approximately an hour, theres no way that all of them were within 2 metres for 15 minutes. Surely more to it than "a game of 7s"

21 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Covid transferring  to pigs is a new development tbh.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Italy had avoided the surge in Covid cases at the same time as they started to greatly increase in France and the UK, but it looks like there second wave was just delayed...

Does anyone know if any sector has reopened in Italy in the last month which may go some way to explaining this?

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

7 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
27 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I call shite on that article. A game of 7s lasts approximately an hour, theres no way that all of them were within 2 metres for 15 minutes. Surely more to it than "a game of 7s"

The contact tracers have been going above and beyond the 2m 15 min cumulative.   Been a few non league teams totally isolated then off the list on appeal

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Someone in my work phoned in sick claiming they had it in February.  It would've been the first case in the company and one of the first in the country where it happened.  OCcupational Health were right on it, closed the entire office and arranged a deep clean for three days.  We got an email from our CEO advisinvg of it and we contacted the local NHS Trust to pass over details and recieve advice.

The guy was pulling a sickie and thought if he said he had the virus on the news he wouldn't get in trouble.  

I think perhaps he was the first person to lose their job in the UK because of Covid.

I got an extension at uni for a psychology essay by telling the tutor that my aunt was in hospital with e-coli from the Wishaw outbreak. Most solid lie I ever told. My flatmate sat up all night writing the essay, I went out to the garage. (I subsequently dropped psychology before I failed it, my flatmate now has a PhD. But I won at the time 💪one nil) 

Edited by madwullie

31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
51 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Thats...eh...not how it works

16 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What a sad indictment of Scottish society.

It's for "those who can't afford pay-to-view" services. If you can't afford a Now TV day pass for less than a tenner but you are planning on travelling to a different country to watch a game of football you deserve a bullet between the eyes

It's for "those who can't afford pay-to-view" services. If you can't afford a Now TV day pass for less than a tenner but you are planning on travelling to a different country to watch a game of football you deserve a bullet between the eyes
Some OF fans are absolutely thick tbh.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

I think it's down to reduced number of venues rather than increased popularity. In Glasgow anyway nightlife never recovered to anywhere near pre 2008 crash levels.

Anyway I'm past it and I'm definitely not justified in moaning about this. 

It's definitely a mix of the two especially with dance music becoming more corporate, Tory and safe. Boys that would've been into The Only Way Is Essex and Geordie Shore ten years ago are now telling me about the Ben UFO set they caught in a Croatian bunker and linking up Pangaea mixes.

I'm 28 and past it. Clubbing in Glasgow is a young man's game. Last time I was in the Subby it was fast becoming a creche.

32 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Italy had avoided the surge in Covid cases at the same time as they started to greatly increase in France and the UK, but it looks like there second wave was just delayed...

Second wavers in tears.

Oh wait...

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A short thread about Professor Devi Sridhar.

Er... she's a professor in global and public health with significant practical and research experience in epidemic planning and response. She's even got a doctorate in it from Oxford. She's the very definition of an expert in this.

I'm not sure why her not being a medical doctor is relevant. I have a medical degree, that doesn't give my opinions any more weight as I'm very much not an expert in public health.

46 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Does anyone know if any sector has reopened in Italy in the last month which may go some way to explaining this?

Knocking shops.

Spoiler

Top 30 Berlusconi GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's definitely a mix of the two especially with dance music becoming more corporate, Tory and safe. Boys that would've been into The Only Way Is Essex and Geordie Shore ten years ago are now telling me about the Ben UFO set they caught in a Croatian bunker and linking up Pangaea mixes.

I'm 28 and past it. Clubbing in Glasgow is a young man's game. Last time I was in the Subby it was fast becoming a creche.

Some of my mates are turning 40 and still proper going for it. 

They do look like complete casualties and borderline nonces mind you