Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Starting to look like my staycation to the Highlands on the 29th is fucked (travelling from Lothian).

Same here, but we are meant to be going to Keswick. East lothian is a lesser hotspot than Edinburgh, its daft that we are getting chucked in with them.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Good website tbf

I preferred it when you didn't have to buy a ticket three weeks in advance for a night and there wasn't four tiers of early bird pricing. 

It does obviously have it's good points but it's been part of the switch from regular club nights to a gig/event form of clubbing.  

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Starting to look like my staycation to the Highlands on the 29th is fucked (travelling from Lothian).

PTTGOYN

Staycations are when you stay in your own home and do touristy stuff in your own locality.

Holidays in your own country are still holidays.

As you were....

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

PTTGOYN

Staycations are when you stay in your own home and do touristy stuff in your own locality.

Holidays in your own country are still holidays.

As you were....

Really? 

Mind. Blown. 

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

53 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I preferred it when you didn't have to buy a ticket three weeks in advance for a night and there wasn't four tiers of early bird pricing. 

It does obviously have it's good points but it's been part of the switch from regular club nights to a gig/event form of clubbing.  

I think that's more an issue with clubbing becoming so popular than RA's pricing. It's still all set from the promoter's end. Not happy with their 1.90 ticketing fee tho especially when an event goes on sale at 15 quid...

And how else am I gonna find out that Scuba's latest release doesn't live up to his older stuff???

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think that's more an issue with clubbing becoming so popular than RA's pricing. It's still all set from the promoter's end. Not happy with their 1.90 ticketing fee tho especially when an event goes on sale at 15 quid...

And how else am I gonna find out that Scuba's latest release doesn't live up to his older stuff???

I think it's down to reduced number of venues rather than increased popularity. In Glasgow anyway nightlife never recovered to anywhere near pre 2008 crash levels.

Anyway I'm past it and I'm definitely not justified in moaning about this. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The positive teats still show majority come from the 4 NHS areas with restrictions. Breakdowns for yesterday. Greater Glasgow and clyde. Population of Scotland 22% cases 33%

Lanarkshire Population 12% cases 27.7%

Lothian Population 14.66% cases 12%

Ayrshire and Arran Population 6.73% cases 8.22%

Rest of Scotland Population 45.61% cases 18.88%

Sorry no graphs or piecharts but Lothian is under the Scottish average. Harsh on them.

Lanarkshire is the cesspit.

Edited by superbigal

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The positive teats still show majority come from the 4 NHS areas with restrictions. Breakdowns for yesterday. Greater Glasgow and clyde. Population of Scotland 22% cases 33%

Rest of Scotland Population.61% cases 18.88%

Sorry no graphs or piecharts but Lothian is under the Scottish average. Harsh on them.

Interesting. Things may change come the 29th but won't get my hopes up.

There are worse things to happen to people than missing a holiday anyway.

Tittered at the magnanamous concession by the FM that marrying couples now need not wear facemasks during their ceremony. It was probably a fairly futile nod towards infection prevention anyway if they were going to be baws deep for the next 48hrs.

(And, yes, for the po-faced here I do also know the masks are also to protect the others in attendance at the ceremony but I'd be expecting them to maintain the 2m distancing so you can put your pitchforks down)

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Can only expect those figures in Lanarkshire, Greater Glasgow and Ayrshire to soar into next week. Be a record amount of households mingling come Saturday noon.

I was told of a group travelling from Dumbarton to Blackpool this weekend to watch the game in a pub. 

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Rest of Scotland Population 45.61% cases 18.88%

We really, really don't need graphs or charts to tell us that.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Good, but I'm looking for the first sickle claiming to have "been up a' night wi' the long covid. Ah'll be in the morra but."

Someone in my work phoned in sick claiming they had it in February.  It would've been the first case in the company and one of the first in the country where it happened.  OCcupational Health were right on it, closed the entire office and arranged a deep clean for three days.  We got an email from our CEO advisinvg of it and we contacted the local NHS Trust to pass over details and recieve advice.

The guy was pulling a sickie and thought if he said he had the virus on the news he wouldn't get in trouble.  

I think perhaps he was the first person to lose their job in the UK because of Covid.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I may have misinterpreted his post, but I thought he meant “not buying it” as in the way it’s being portrayed in the media as a huge risk and likelihood of getting it, not a complete denial of its existence. 

As I say, I’m also only going off anecdotal evidence, but from doctors working on respiratory they have said it does happen but it is rare that it causes anything more than relatively minor typical respiratory virus long term symptoms, other than in those who have had a bad dose of the virus or were unhealthy to begin with.

Yes, quite. I did offer up a further post since I felt some folk hadn't took the meaning as I intended it. I do not believe "Long Covid" should be used in the same way as active cases/hospital capacity in terms of setting the response, and I think that's what certain people are pushing for.