Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Advice on the current Scottish quarantine rules please.

If I come back for a visit, I think I need to quarantine for 14 days? Am I allowed to stay at a relatives house? If so, and i stay at my mums house, am I allowed to mix with everyone else staying there or would I be confined to the one room the entire 14 days?

14 minutes ago, Ross. said:

If I come back for a visit, I think I need to quarantine for 14 days? Am I allowed to stay at a relatives house? If so, and i stay at my mums house, am I allowed to mix with everyone else staying there or would I be confined to the one room the entire 14 days?

I think you are meant to isolate in a room away from the rest of the household. I ended up mixing a bit but wore a mask and sanatised hands as had to interact with fathers care providers. I took a covid test at end of first week and once I got all clear went back to normal.

edit - There was no taking info on entering Scotland as to my whereabouts over the next fortnight and no follow up of any sort.

Edited by dirty dingus

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yeah, facemasks was another abomination.

Even 100 years ago they had the sense to wear them. Another thing is the stupid announcement of rules saying you can have one more weekend on the piss or that all public transport has to be reduced cramming people onto trains. Get them all to feck at the next election. Snp included.

and who would you replace them with?

Willie Rennie or Richard Leonard or whoever is in charge of the Scottish Tories?

FYI the SNP are a means to an end.

And the end is independence then you can get rid of whoever you want and replace them with whoever!

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

This is the official advice but it's really up to you, it's unenforceable. My sister flew over from New Zealand and kept herself to herself until she got the result of a private test, £140.

Within your accommodation
It is important to avoid contact with other people in your accommodation in order to reduce the risk of transmitting coronavirus. The people you are staying with do not need to stay at home, unless they travelled from outside the UK with you.

Avoid contact with them and minimise the time you spend in shared spaces, like kitchens, bathrooms and sitting areas.

You should stay in a well-ventilated room with a window to the outside that can be opened, separate from other people in your home.

If you can, you should use a separate bathroom from the rest of the household. If you have to share these facilities, regular cleaning will be required after each person has used them. Make sure you use separate towels from the other people in your house, both for drying yourself after bathing or showering and for hand-hygiene purposes.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/self-isolation/

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I know there has been a bit of talk about it on here already, but I am just not buying "Long covid" at all. Every story I read about it reeks of propaganda to scare the young into taking it seriously.

Fw0xM2t.png

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

TLDR: Long COVID is a thing, but appears to be very rare.

Bairnardo made one post saying this might not be a thing and immediately you have 4 or 5 people saying they know someone with it. I get that's more anecdotal evidence but still it's not exactly what I'd describe as very rare.

Re the "not buying", I'm some sort of tin foil hatter and certianly not in a position to dispute its existence, I more meant the media portrayal of it as some unique thing that's associated with covid-19 rather than potentially with any virus and its being used as a bit of a smokescreen. We are seeing the govt coming under pressure re their measures and whether or not we should shield the vulnerable and get on with it. There are plenty of arguments against doing that but "Long Covid" seems to have crept in as part of it but having that as a reason to continue locking down against a virus being driven by asymptomatic carriers and superspreaders  is pretty much backing us into a corner of perpetual lockdown surely.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Re the "not buying", I'm some sort of tin foil hatter and certianly not in a position to dispute its existence, I more meant the media portrayal of it as some unique thing that's associated with covid-19 rather than potentially with any virus and its being used as a bit of a smokescreen. We are seeing the govt coming under pressure re their measures and whether or not we should shield the vulnerable and get on with it. There are plenty of arguments against doing that but "Long Covid" seems to have crept in as part of it but having that as a reason to continue locking down against a virus being driven by asymptomatic carriers and superspreaders  is pretty much backing us into a corner of perpetual lockdown surely.

This is some backtracking from “not buying long Covid at all”.

12 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Believe he has received over £25,000 on one of these GoFundMe pages in support. 

Just stumbled on some guy on twitter who is taking the government to court over the illegal lockdown. Nearly 380k he's raised

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Bairnardo made one post saying this might not be a thing and immediately you have 4 or 5 people saying they know someone with it. I get that's more anecdotal evidence but still it's not exactly what I'd describe as very rare.

I may have misinterpreted his post, but I thought he meant “not buying it” as in the way it’s being portrayed in the media as a huge risk and likelihood of getting it, not a complete denial of its existence. 

As I say, I’m also only going off anecdotal evidence, but from doctors working on respiratory they have said it does happen but it is rare that it causes anything more than relatively minor typical respiratory virus long term symptoms, other than in those who have had a bad dose of the virus or were unhealthy to begin with.