Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That question was a belter, he wants to know why we can't have crowds at Parkhead and Ibrox as thinks it would be better as "controlled", however he also thinks that all schools should be closed !!!

Honestly, you couldn't make it up !!

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure to what extent schools can really ascertain which students have access to suitable  IT at home.  So many variables - parental support; hardware (PC/printer) - internet connection - physical space (imagine 2 or 3 siblings trying to study together in the same place) etc.

Where I am we are doing online for private schools and modules for public.  From what we've heard, the modules are a semi-disaster whilst the online classes are going OK but a fair bit of parental support is necessary. 

We know pretty well.

The problem is that the venn diagram of pupils without suitable IT / pupils who don't want to do work anyway are two circles with a massive overlap, so then you have issues with asking those pupils to come in when their mates are off.

Also, to address points made a few pages ago:

The reason schools are still Monday to Friday 9-3 despite massive increases in technology is largely a logistical / childcare one rather than an educational one.

On the positive side, UK Gov's shambolic approach to Covid, and everything really, has pushed Sturgeon's ratings up to 72%. Support for Indy up to 58%.

Meanwhile, people overwhelmingly back Nicola Sturgeon as First Minister, with 72% saying they are satisfied with the job she is doing compared to 24% dissatisfied, giving her a net approval rating of +49.

https://news.stv.tv/politics/poll-support-for-independence-hits-historic-high-of-58?top

Saw on the bbc about new face mask rules tomorrow, what else is left except making it anywhere anytime? Tbh wearing one outdoors in the park or whatever can GTF , putting a sticky plaster on a gunshot wound
Don’t bite my head off BUT is it possible thay after 3 months of wearing masks indoors, that we can conclude they’re not going to make any difference outdoors

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Saw on the bbc about new face mask rules tomorrow, what else is left except making it anywhere anytime? Tbh wearing one outdoors in the park or whatever can GTF , putting a sticky plaster on a gunshot wound
Don’t bite my head off BUT is it possible thay after 3 months of wearing masks indoors, that we can conclude they’re not going to make any difference outdoors

You've been wearing a mask indoors for 3 months? Aye? Pity your typing fingers weren't bandaged up as well FFS.

Very obviously, what we've been doing hasn't worked, and wearing masks in shops and on buses is the least we can do.

Edited by Crùbag

You've been wearing a mask indoors for 3 months? Aye? Pity your typing fingers weren't bandaged up as well FFS.
Very obviously, what we've been doing hasn't worked, and wearing masks in shops and on buses is the least we can do.

Pretty much any indoor place thats not my own home since july yes. As have 90% of other people wherever I’ve been to . Cases have still went from almost zero to 1400 a day in that time . p***k

No problem with it outdoors - did it on holiday in Rome and after a while you just don't notice.

The real issue is enforcing it properly.

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Marshy and Szamo when they hear Northern Ireland has closed the schools

IMG_1149.jpg

I've said many times that full school closures should be the last thing we look to implement. I just want honesty and transparency for risks of transmission and the real reasons decisions are being taken.

28 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Had a read there at what was said. Perhaps it will extend to face masks in high school classrooms when the schools go back?

44 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Pretty much any indoor place thats not my own home since july yes. As have 90% of other people wherever I’ve been to . Cases have still went from almost zero to 1400 a day in that time . p***k

Despite what Chief Clown Leitch was saying for months during the first wave, there was and is plenty of evidence that masks do reduce transmission.

Pubs, restaurants, cafes, hairdressers, non essential retail, etc, reopened in Scotland on 15 July.

On 15 July there were 5 new cases reported in Scotland. 6 weeks later on 26 August there were 67 new cases reported.

Those are not huge numbers considering the size of those sectors.

For a comparison, schools reopened on 11 August with virtually no restrictions (business as usual). On that day there were 52 new cases reported. Fast forward six weeks to 22 September and Scotland announced 383 new cases. A few weeks later and we are at over 1000 cases a day.

Masks and social distancing do work. You can see that by looking at the number of cases being reported in regions around the world that reopened education "business as usual" with those that made masks mandatory in educational settings along with reduced class sizes, social distancing and home learning where possible.

Countries around the world are beginning to address the elephant in the room but it is far too late. Expect England and Scotland to catch up in a month or so.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

You'd be opening up quite the can of worms with Sky that no one wants.

Celtic and Sevco should be forced to stump up whatever price Sky want to allow the BBC to show it.

It’s their fans who can’t be trusted so they should foot the bill for any measures required to protect public health at large.