Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, but I believe it's a question of emphasis. In one system its about figuring out who you may have infected, in the other more care is taken in terms of figuring out who infected you. Where you have a virus that is spread by a small percentage of infected people, it makes more sense to find the person who definitely did contact you, rather than spending as much time on people you may, or may not infect. After all, the person who got you definitely can spread it, you might not be able to.

Yep, it's based on the belief that not everyone who is infected will spread coronavirus to others, whereas there are a number of people who are super spreaders and infect lots of others. Only know from the article 101 posted a week ago about 'K: The Overlooked Variable That's Driving the Pandemic' that Japan have been using this kind of test and trace system. Don't know if any other countries do it.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

4B27A195-DC32-421A-9E0C-68284FB23DEE.jpeg

I used to make a good trade in that place...upper class  clientele  A place when the fifers and perther would meet on a day of our choice....,  .                            /

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

China have done all the right things.
If this had started in europe it would be alot worse as well.
I believe their numbers tbh.

I hope you are joking. They knew there was a problem for weeks and hushed it up at the point when containment might still have been doable. Worst of all they allowed millions to leave the Wuhan area for lunar New Year holidays in late January. Their statistics all the way through should be treated with a healthy degree of skepticism. The idea that there was a 2% mortality rate drove a lot of the early panic elsewhere, but a cynic might suggest pushing that idea was a useful way for them to hide how far and for how long it had already spread.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Why are schools being dicks about masks anyway?

It's not schools themselves. It's up to the government to introduce restrictions.

Jason Leitch said in April:

"The global evidence is masks in the general population don't work."

"There is a cultural tradition in Asia to do it. That is principally because they have had airborne viruses in the past.

"This virus is not airborne - it has to be spread by droplets - hence the social distancing, the hand-washing."

Maybe he still thinks kids in Scotland couldn't possibly wear masks due to "cultural tradition", unlike those in Germany, Netherlands, Canada, etc, who manage to wear them in class without a breakdown of society.

26 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I used to make a good trade in that place...upper class  clientele  A place when the fifers and perther would meet on a day of our choice....,  .                            /

What were you trading? 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Yeah, but I believe it's a question of emphasis. In one system its about figuring out who you may have infected, in the other more care is taken in terms of figuring out who infected you. Where you have a virus that is spread by a small percentage of infected people, it makes more sense to find the person who definitely did contact you, rather than spending as much time on people you may, or may not infect. After all, the person who got you definitely can spread it, you might not be able to.

Stop posting, @renton your just confusioning everyone with facts.   We shall all die in confusion...or bad music your choice folks. 

Just spotted this on the BBC live news feed today, that Tory leader Douglas Ross is saying confusion in hospitality over the latest restrictions was the fault of the Scottish government.
“We still don’t know what the Scottish government view is on what is a cafe or a restaurant.”
Considering the Scottish Government had to give a legal clarification on what the difference is between a cafe and a restaurant is three days ago, does this not just make Ross & the Tories appear completely incompetent? I know he's just doing the usual shit-stirring of politicians, but it just sounds stupid. 

Anyone who is still confused by this is either as thick as pigshit or trying to play politics with the issue.

DRoss falls into both camps.

I hope you are joking. They knew there was a problem for weeks and hushed it up at the point when containment might still have been doable. Worst of all they allowed millions to leave the Wuhan area for lunar New Year holidays in late January. Their statistics all the way through should be treated with a healthy degree of skepticism. The idea that there was a 2% mortality rate drove a lot of the early panic elsewhere, but a cynic might suggest pushing that idea was a useful way for them to hide how far and for how long it had already spread.
We would have handle it so much better.

23 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

This popped up on my timeline earlier, the first aired BBC report on Covid -

I here for you all... I real;y dont want s[elnt too many words. I have a, Wifi HiFi 3D Dog wacking 

Nicola Sturgeon has said that the SG are looking at doing something similar.  It's a nap that we'll have something like Levels One, Two and Three unveiled later this week, followed up by a tweetstorm from Devi Sridhar about seeing children incoroporating the new guidelines into socially distanced nursery rhymes overheard while Devi walk (on water) to work.