Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Mark Francois squeezes into his old Territorial Army uniform and tries to  gatecrash 'war cabinet' meeting | NewsThump

This toy town army MP is OFTW he would probably try set about you with his cock.

Good point, I forgot about the predatory element of the place. Open combat wouldn't be their style.

11 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I dip into  this thread now and again, has anyone actually claimed that on here?

Perhaps not saying that they are completely safe, but quite a few folk insist that they should continue at full capacity, rather than move to a blended model.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Perhaps not saying that they are completely safe, but quite a few folk insist that they should continue at full capacity, rather than move to a blended model.

What exactly would improve if they moved to a blended model? Kids still in school, all the same issues just 4 days a week instead of 5. If they're that bad, shut them entirely. 

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

What exactly would improve if they moved to a blended model? Kids still in school, all the same issues just 4 days a week instead of 5. If they're that bad, shut them entirely. 

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant from the anti-schoolers 

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

It would be more like 3 days a week in school, the other 2 with home learning work to do.....what would change significantly is...year groups not mixing, smaller class sizes, which enable desks to actually be spaced apart, one way systems which would actually work, staggered break/lunchtimes being more effective with smaller numbers in place, school buses being able to space pupils out more on the way there, and all with pupils still having teaching input, and also regular feedback on the work they do at home....all in all, a model which the govt were in agreement with until they came under fire from small pressure groups and U-turned on, and a model which other European countries appear to have implemented with more success so far.

Also, the blended model is not meant to be long term, it is to see if transmission rates are lowered while it is place.

Nobody I know is advocating for schools to shut 'entirely' either.

Edited by Jedi

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

I was only at that tunnel once. But the warehouse, easily 15 - 20 times. Someone half decent techno-wise played there actually in those days, but I cant for the life of me remember who it was

The Tunnel was that filthy you would have black bogies after it. The first time I went to the Warehouse was NY day 2006 and it was just old couches and sound system. The original Unit closer to the Academy was the best afters. 

Subby, Arches, Soundhaus and La Cheetah were/are the best venues in Glasgow. Everything else is shite in comparison.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

She should quit obvs but she doesn’t say she won’t quit in that article as far as I can see.

‘Tis the Sun though. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was reading an article from The Times earlier. It stated the average age of covid fatalities is 82. There’s definitely some perspective needed on this whole debacle when you read facts like that 

People are dying, but you can't go to Somerset Park.

Perspective

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Tunnel was that filthy you would have black bogies after it. The first time I went to the Warehouse was NY day 2006 and it was just old couches and sound system. The original Unit closer to the Academy was the best afters. 

Subby, Arches, Soundhaus and La Cheetah were/are the best venues in Glasgow. Everything else is shite in comparison.

Arches and Subby were great at two thirds capacity but frequently oversold tickets and were shite and rammed as a result. I've never had that problem in the SWG3 the only beefs I have with it are the 5 minimum spend and the fact it's in the middle of nowhere