Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Coronavirus Scotland: Anti-lockdown protest to be held in Edinburgh as police warn 'stay away'

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18783270.coronavirus-scotland-anti-lockdown-protest-held-edinburgh-police-warn-stay-away/

Cops should hose these crazies down. Then round them into meat wagons.

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Coronavirus Scotland: Anti-lockdown protest to be held in Edinburgh as police warn 'stay away'

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18783270.coronavirus-scotland-anti-lockdown-protest-held-edinburgh-police-warn-stay-away/

Had lunch in a restaurant and could hear the the waiters talking, apparently a lot of local (Holyrood) pubs and restaurants are planning a sort of protest involving taking all the wasted stock from their various places and dumping it at the door of Holyrood. I was obviously eavesdropping from a distance so may have misheard bits of it.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Had lunch in a restaurant and could hear the the waiters talking, apparently a lot of local (Holyrood) pubs and restaurants are planning a sort of protest involving taking all the wasted stock from their various places and dumping it at the door of Holyrood. I was obviously eavesdropping from a distance so may have misheard bits of it.

Loads of ice getting dumped outside the City Chambers in Glasgow too

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The homeless will be like tramps on foie gras.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Actually I think it might have been ice they were talking about now that you mention it.

It's ten degrees and raining 😅

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

It's ten degrees and raining 😅

Yeah I think that’s why I subconsciously shifted to thinking about food stock as surely ice will be pointless and will have melted to water by the time they get to Holyrood, but I’m fairly certain it was ice they were talking about.

That would be tremendous, I always enjoy when the French farmers fill the streets of Paris with shite.

I must say you simply cannot beat the french when it cones to having a strike or protest. Do something we don’t like? Well we’ll just shut down the whole country and turn the place upside down. Your move, cunto

I must say you simply cannot beat the french when it cones to having a strike or protest. Do something we don’t like? Well we’ll just shut down the whole country and turn the place upside down. You’re move, cunto
I have vague recollections of an Air France (or somebody else in that sector) strike where a striker tore the shirt right off the back of some CEO type.

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah I think that’s why I subconsciously shifted to thinking about food stock as surely ice will be pointless and will have melted to water by the time they get to Holyrood, but I’m fairly certain it was ice they were talking about.

Depends what they're transporting it in. Plenty of vans and lorries with freezer units on the back. 

56 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I must say you simply cannot beat the french when it cones to having a strike or protest. Do something we don’t like? Well we’ll just shut down the whole country and turn the place upside down. You’re move, cunto

I have vague recollections of an Air France (or somebody else in that sector) strike where a striker tore the shirt right off the back of some CEO type.

They can be incredibly militant, and frankly pretty terrifying, when their jobs are threatened. Knowing someone who dealt with this from the management side, they had rats nailed to crosses with their name on them, effigies of them burned, management meetings were broken into where phones and laptops were taken and smashed with hammers and latterly colleagues had acid thrown in their faces. Eventually had ex-SAS security with them at all times and ridiculous action movie-esque decoy cars etc, due to the death threats.

And this was shutting down something that was loss-making. Nuts.

The best thing about the polls are the seething comments from people who disagree with the poll and decide it must be nonsense because they were never asked. 

It is disheartening to be in the minority, granted, but it is what it is. Wonder if opinion will be the same as we approach Christmas and the case rate has shot up again... 

Edited by Michael W

The best thing about the polls are the seething comments from people who disagree with the poll and decide it must be nonsense because they were never asked. 
It is disheartening to be in the minority, granted, but it is what it is. Wonder if opinion will be the same as we approach Christmas and the case rate has shot up again... 
Usually from people who are hindsight experts who think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

I certainly would not want to be a political leader right now in any country - all over the world they are trying different things - yet almost all of them have increasing rates of infection.

Rock and hard place comes to mind - the tough restrictions that might have an effect have really negative effects in terms of civil liberties, social and economic costs - so governments probably don't go as far as they could - and consequently restrictions are not implemented effectively.

An effective vaccine is the only thing I think is going to make this tolerable in the long run. Everything else is about mitigating the worst effects of both the virus and the restrictions themselves.

22 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Well they never asked me 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿