Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It is an odd statistic but the average age of a covid related death in Scotland is higher than the average life expectancy.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case in many countries.  

I'm in a 5 a side WhatsApp group that I was added to ages ago and have never actually been and played with them.

One of the guys went on a "WEE NIPPY!....the economy!!.....pubs closing!!!.....only old people are dying!!!" slaverathon last night and has been roundly fucking telt what an arsehole he is this morning. 

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Why is this dickhead allowed to walk down the street?

Why shouldn't he walk down the street? Are you proposing folk should be hostile towards him because something he said he would look into was probably too difficult/ expensive to achieve.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if the money had been spent changing Scotland's licensing laws to allow 15/20 extra for one game of rugby? It would rightly be criticised.

If doesn't matter if you like him or not he's worked his bollocks off since the start of the pandemic and is making no decisions that's not his job. Thinly veiled threats don't help anything.

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why shouldn't he walk down the street? Are you proposing folk should be hostile towards him because something he said he would look into was probably too difficult/ expensive to achieve.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if the money had been spent changing Scotland's licensing laws to allow 15/20 extra for one game of rugby? It would rightly be criticised.

If doesn't matter if you like him or not he's worked his bollocks off since the start of the pandemic and is making no decisions that's not his job. Thinly veiled threats don't help anything.

If all of the things that you claim were correct then he shouldn't have spouted his mouth off about 'asking the guys' to fix it then. But that would require Clownshoes Leitch to avoid seizing a spotlight and trying to ingratiate himself to the guid fitba men (see also his toe-curling run on Off the Ball).

He's an utter gobshite.

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

I meant "allowed to walk down the street without being questioned" but can see how my post could be misconstrued, so I'll edit it.

3 hours ago, madwullie said:

All throughout this people have made proclamations based on incomplete data that have been found to be incorrect due to incomplete data. It'd be great if what you're suggesting is true though, but I'm not sure I'd be running at it with 100% confidence, and there's no wya any govt would make decisions based on a hunch

Lol wut

You must have been living in an alternate universe to the dartboard approach to imposing measures that has actually prevailed in the UK since February.

Just now, virginton said:

If all of the things that you claim were correct then he shouldn't have spouted his mouth off about 'asking the guys' to fix it then. But that would require Clownshoes Leitch to avoid seizing a spotlight and trying to ingratiate himself to the guid fitba men (see also his toe-curling run on Off the Ball).

He's an utter gobshite.

Aye, completely stupid remark. He expects to be taken seriously but then a suggests a rule he advised on can be rescinded by "asking the guys".

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54465356

Seems im not alone.
"Breaking the law"
Interesting
Cant have phones in my work anyway so the app is irrelevant, but ever since test and protect became a thing, my work have made veiled comments about naming co workers as contacts. I imagine this sort of behaviour is absolutely widespread, just as arsehole employers will be a huge part of why people refuse to isolate or dont do so for the full 14 days.

I was driving thru central Edinburgh last night (Then thru Linlithgow as the M9 was shut) and I can now much more fully understand how hospitality increases the spread.  Wasn't in any pubs/restaurants, but repeatedly saw people outside waiting for taxis, having a smoke etc, cuddling/hugging each other, high fiving, shaking hands, all that sort of usual behaviour.

Couple of drinks, any notions of social distancing goes.  Maybe not inside, but once out on the street where there are no obvious reminders of guidance of how to behave safely.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

I was driving thru central Edinburgh last night (Then thru Linlithgow as the M9 was shut) and I can now much more fully understand how hospitality increases the spread.  Wasn't in any pubs/restaurants, but repeatedly saw people outside waiting for taxis, having a smoke etc, cuddling/hugging each other, high fiving, shaking hands, all that sort of usual behaviour.

Couple of drinks, any notions of social distancing goes.  Maybe not inside, but once out on the street where there are no obvious reminders of guidance of how to behave safely.

Says more about the people than anything else. Having a couple of drinks is no excuse for anything. 

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

He's an utter gobshite.

I've thankful avoided the run of Off the Ball, I'm not sure Tam understands how cutlery works so trying to explain a global pandemic to him and presumably take questions off him requires a level of patience (and stupidity) that I don't have.

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I meant "allowed to walk down the street without being questioned" but can see how my post could be misconstrued, so I'll edit it.

I'm sure he would welcome that but all I can presume is elected officials have said no. Using the word "guys" did make it sound friendly and a done deal.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54465356

Seems im not alone.
"Breaking the law"
Interesting

Cant have phones in my work anyway so the app is irrelevant, but ever since test and protect became a thing, my work have made veiled comments about naming co workers as contacts. I imagine this sort of behaviour is absolutely widespread, just as arsehole employers will be a huge part of why people refuse to isolate or dont do so for the full 14 days.

This is mental behaviour, can you imagine the financial and reputational hit a company would take if it came out that they had an outbreak because they told folk not to identify colleagues. The fines for doing so should be enormous unless National Security is involved then of course it's justified.