Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Did she say people in the central belt shouldn't leave? I didn pick that up, she did defintely say not to cancel hotels and trips away.

Yes, along with Ayrshire & Arran, Forth Valley and a couple of others. This fucks the whole hotels staying open idea as well as I’ve no idea what I’m allowed to do now. The hotel can stay open, so I’m guessing they won’t be refunding me, but I’m not allowed to travel “unless you have to”. Well, if I’m not getting refunded a few grand, then I fucking have to and will be going.

Utter shambles.

6 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

What a fucking monumental waste of time.  

And repeat cycle every few months until there is a vaccine.

You have to learn to live with it, not crash your economy, your health service, your people's mental and physical health.

I wonder why it's not starting until Friday though.  Pesky libraries.

Don’t be silly, it’s THE PUBS. Personally think all pubs and bars should just shut the whole pub and alcohol industry down for good, it appears it’s the only route for the spread.

Jesus f**k how have shopping centres survived this. 

I'll allow schools while disagreeing as it's obviously a line not to be crossed but fucking hell this is a bad decision. 

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I can sort of see the logic of taking the chance when schools are off to also have folk out of pubs but you'd have to think leaving them open to serve lemonade is just going to permanently close more than a few places.

For pubs outside the central belt, staying open without being able to serve alcohol is surely worse for them than being closed completely with financial support from the government.

I can sort of see the logic of taking the chance when schools are off to also have folk out of pubs but you'd have to think leaving them open to serve lemonade is just going to permanently close more than a few places.

I suspect the £40m announced will be hoovered up by the pubs forced to fully close. I feel more for the ones in Dundee than Edinburgh and Glasgow.

This is absolutely shite. It isn’t unique to Scotland, there’ll be similar measures in the north of England and quite possibly Wales by the end of the week, it’s already happened in Paris and Marseille and Ireland/Spain are heading down a similar route for the hospitality sector.

However quite how Western Europe have landed here is ridiculous. Genuinely ridiculous.

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

For pubs outside the central belt, staying open without being able to serve alcohol is surely worse for them than being closed completely with financial support from the government.

Surely most of them will just close?  Would selling coffees and juice cover the cost of staff wages etc?

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Is it? I thought pubs and restaurants made more of their money through selling food? 

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Ultimately it's the virus which is driving the restrictions and not politics, hence we have had local lockdowns in Wales (Labour Gov) and local lockdowns in England (Conservative Gov).

But of course people don't want to acknowledge this as they see it as an opportunity to "SNP bash", hopefully the majority of our electorate can see through all the lies and insinuations.....

You can only criticise those implementing the decisions. 

I can't speak for Wales, but the Tories are getting more then enough criticism for their bungling, alongside the  never-present buffoon allegedly in charge. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Jesus f**k how have shopping centres survived this. 

I'll allow schools while disagreeing as it's obviously a line not to be crossed but fucking hell this is a bad decision. 

Please see below

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The government are working to a puritanical list of what they consider "good" and "evil".

Pubs/football/gym = evil

Church/school/cafe = good

If you're a 45 year old mummy who is a church elder you live good life. Hench guys who like football and a jager are the personification of evil.

If you like Janey Godley then these policies are essentially for you. "Football accounts" such as this Bear have been fucked over.

Guest bernardblack

The seethe from Facebook idiots who had been tagging themselves and their 4/5 mates (from different households) in at the boozer recently is just quite simply, delicious.