Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Are these attachments not loading up for everyone else? Someone please let me know x C24F933A-4E4C-45C1-B0AE-1AC144B5C201.jpeg.2c70289bf33320895e193c433aa592ec.thumb.jpeg.8e78fc5a7650fb28aa04df473cd59080.jpeg Screenshot_20201002-182352_Dropbox.thumb.jpg.ab3434bf08469bfcc0820046f47f8633.jpg   Spoiler    

Elephant-in-the-room.thumb.jpg.35fbc5216530d1d761668a0df91e53ea.jpg

So the first graph (for England) show there are multiple drivers.       

The second graph does not show the trend for the other areas in the first graph so is somewhat meaningless - where is the corresponding trends for workplaces, care homes etc?

No-one is saying schools are not playing a role - of course they will be - but this will vary across localities.

This is not down to one factor but the reality that opening up of social interaction in all areas of life was always going to lead to an increase.

The reality is that there are not the financial resources to sustain the kind of lockdown we has earlier in the year. If that kind of lockdown can't be sustained then then the only alternative is opening up of the different areas of life but with restrictions to reduce the direct interaction in place.

There is no simple answer to this - we've seen around the world that places where we thought they had done well, like New Zealand, infections have still risen.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It amounts to "We decided to take the pish out of pressurised people in a job they'd probably rather not be doing. Then publish, to allow an internal investigation that will get the poor b*****ds on duty, on their zero hours contract sacked." 

I might be having too much faith in humanity here but im pretty hopeful noone will get punted over this.

If staff challenged someone with a fake sounding name that is in fact legit, they run the risk of offending them (certain shitrag papers would doubtless be very interested in their story too, of course). Plus folk could use fairly convincing false information like giving the contact info of a friend/relative/mortal enemy if they wanted or plausible false info.

What do they want to change here exactly, fingerprint scanners/id cards every time you want a burger out?

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I might be having too much faith in humanity here but im pretty hopeful noone will get punted over this.

If staff challenged someone with a fake sounding name that is in fact legit, they run the risk of offending them (certain shitrag papers would doubtless be very interested in their story too, of course). Plus folk could use fairly convincing false information like giving the contact info of a friend/relative/mortal enemy if they wanted or plausible false info.

What do they want to change here exactly, fingerprint scanners/id cards every time you want a burger out?

I hope you're right but it'll be more to do with being too busy and having to move on than a proper evaluation and dismissal of the "article" that will be factors, rather than human decency.

Can't find any graphs for Scotland but I thought England was a decent place to look in the meantime, with it being a country we are joined to and all.

The best I could find was this from Scotland's National Clinical Director:

20201004_115126.png.b10ecfcf6a121b66e7f66f24a13b46b8.png

Seems Scotland is dealing with it better tbf.

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Rosa is indicative of the problem in the SNP whereby they seem to not be able to understand football in any way. Im no fan of the spfl but they are trying to protect their business, if pubs can open then a stadium with proper measures in place is a much safer option. 

The best way for the SPFL to protect their business right now is to admit that the lower three leagues cannot proceed and fall on the SG's doorstep for support just like the live music sector has had to do since the pandemic began. Organising a meeting with Douglas Ross of all arseholes on Friday and then starting a public spat with the SG the very next day is nothing short of risible and will put the businesses that the SPFL are supposed to represent at the very back of the queue for taxpayer support. And rightly so. 

People who keep making an equivalent comparison with pubs are morons. The SG is not going to shut all the pubs in the entire country to let two hundred football grounds open for very obvious economic reasons. There is no scope within the current infection rate and trend to open both at the same time. And of course, if we were going to relax restrictions then I think the current three household mixing ban - even outdoors - might be kind of a bigger deal  than getting to a football game once a fortnight. It is utterly myopic nonsense like this - even on a Scottish football forum - that will help to explain why clubs end up failing and going to the wall. 

58 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So the first graph (for England) show there are multiple drivers.       

The second graph does not show the trend for the other areas in the first graph so is somewhat meaningless - where is the corresponding trends for workplaces, care homes etc?

No-one is saying schools are not playing a role - of course they will be - but this will vary across localities.

This is not down to one factor but the reality that opening up of social interaction in all areas of life was always going to lead to an increase.

The reality is that there are not the financial resources to sustain the kind of lockdown we has earlier in the year. If that kind of lockdown can't be sustained then then the only alternative is opening up of the different areas of life but with restrictions to reduce the direct interaction in place.

There is no simple answer to this - we've seen around the world that places where we thought they had done well, like New Zealand, infections have still risen.

With 'analysis' like this I can see why your 'Turkey is doing a great job of handling the outbreak: time to go on holiday there!' thesis worked out so well for you. 

31 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Can't find any graphs for Scotland but I thought England was a decent place to look in the meantime, with it being a country we are joined to and all.

The best I could find was this from Scotland's National Clinical Director:

20201004_115126.png.b10ecfcf6a121b66e7f66f24a13b46b8.png

Seems Scotland is dealing with it better tbf.

Is this real?

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I work in AV at a Cineworld in London, so that's game over for meeee.

Hope you get something sorted soon.

My pal works in a recording studio in London let me know if you want me to see if he knows of any jobs going.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

The best way for the SPFL to protect their business right now is to admit that the lower three leagues cannot proceed and fall on the SG's doorstep for support just like the live music sector has had to do since the pandemic began. Organising a meeting with Douglas Ross of all arseholes on Friday and then starting a public spat with the SG the very next day is nothing short of risible and will put the businesses that the SPFL are supposed to represent at the very back of the queue for taxpayer support. And rightly so. 

People who keep making an equivalent comparison with pubs are morons. The SG is not going to shut all the pubs in the entire country to let two hundred football grounds open for very obvious economic reasons. There is no scope within the current infection rate and trend to open both at the same time. And of course, if we were going to relax restrictions then I think the current three household mixing ban - even outdoors - might be kind of a bigger deal  than getting to a football game once a fortnight. It is utterly myopic nonsense like this - even on a Scottish football forum - that will help to explain why clubs end up failing and going to the wall. 

Agree with most of this. Football really needs to think of the long term on this. 

However, making the comparison to pubs is not necessarily a bad move, if you're trying to highlight the riskier nature of indoor spreading. And going hard on trying to show outdoor entertainment as safer, and more viable over the next few months.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hope you get something sorted soon.

My pal works in a recording studio in London let me know if you want me to see if he knows of any jobs going.

Are you kidding? @The Real Saintsis a bona fide recording artiste. Don't ask for a job, ask how they've managed without him!