Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

As surprising as it may be, some people do believe it. Utter morons mainly, but some do.

It is almost certainly shite but a 11-15 year old could easily come out with that sort of patter if he’s overheard his parents banging on about it often enough during lockdown.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

It is almost certainly shite but a 11-15 year old could easily come out with that sort of patter if he’s overheard his parents banging on about it often enough during lockdown.

But surely even if it did happen you'd realise people would be like ayyyeeee if you tried to pull it out

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Whoever wishes to investigate medicine properly should proceed thus: in the first place to consider the seasons of the year … 

Hippocrates

It's childish, even puerile, and I'm not proud of it, but your avatar makes me laugh out loud.  Chairman Mao on a Scottish football forum, and he supports Cowdenbeath. 

31 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The circuit break isn't a single plan it's a range of options on the table of which some, one or none might happen.

Grown men going freeman of the land because the pubs nobody is going to anyway might shut for a week.

I’m booked to go to Gleneagles for golf, drinking and fine dining so if hotels/restaurants are included in any circuit break my head will go.

There is now growing talk, hinted at by the FM last week, that there will be a one or two week lockdown at some point in October to try and stem the cases. Details obviously aren’t decided but it would involve all pubs, restaurants and non-essential shops closing, working from non enforced, strict social distancing enforcement etc.

In the article I read, schools would stay open. While this may be questionable from a public health standpoint, in terms of terms of the development and progress of this thread and the heads gone, I’m all for it. Priorities.

I thought the idea was to do it over school holidays?

8 hours ago, madwullie said:

But surely even if it did happen you'd realise people would be like ayyyeeee if you tried to pull it out

On P&B maybe but the Internet is a big place. I agree that there was absolutely zero point in posting the story, true or not.

Certainly in terms of the type and content of the messages coming from the school i'm getting the impression that they are gearing up for a bit of time off. Learning grids for homework for my P3 kid was the main sign. Other than a bit of reading and some numbers he doesn't normally get homework so to have three grids with about 20 things on each and a comment of 'two or three things a week' till December makes me wonder. Looking over it its almost a timetable for work they would normally be doing in class time.

Thankfully most folks round my way seem to be using common sense but you always get the rogue few that just know its a consipracy....ironically nearly all those folks i've seen are heavily smoking and overweight and would be prime candidates for serious treatment in ICU if the government managed to track them down!