Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Fun too

And makes munters somewhat attractive.

I really have no difficulty with this. What I have problems with is getting them to drink enough to find me attractive.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

26 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Bad news: Hospital numbers and ICU numbers up

Good news: A drop in cases in the last couple of days and %. I know Monday is low generally but Sunday has sometimes produced the biggest number of the week. And this Monday’s number is smaller than before.

Wonder if this is partly due to the number of students in self-isolation and therefore not going to be tested. Either way it's good news.

Hopefully the initial spike has been managed. In the meantime, all students not required to be physically present for a lecture/tutorial should be sent home so this doesn't happen again. 

Millions of people addicted to alcohol but its ok because taxes.
Drinking is macho and cool.
Can also be quite sophisticated too, in the correct setting. I sometimes pour my beer into a glass, for example.

Which reminds me, I am going for the macho type of drinking tonight.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Can also be quite sophisticated too, in the correct setting. I sometimes pour my beer into a glass, for example.

Which reminds me, I am going for the macho type of drinking tonight.

You are an alkie though, you post more about drink than @throbberand @Stellaboz.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They’re decommissioning the SEC hospital. Clearly the “second wave” can’t be worrying them too much then 

Worth every penny it cost. Why on earth were the covid patients not sent there and the hospitals utilised for routines procedures. 

Heard a figure of £67 million to build, run it and decommission it - surely that cannot be right. Due to close April next year I think.

Edited by Hard Graft

England only figures so can't say for sure if it's the same in Scotland, however.

Ei_VN9TWAAAji3k.jpeg.thumb.jpg.c1c70dcf90e533e12d1bac83cf0d2a0d.jpg

Of those 772 cases, 341 were related to education - this doesn't distinguish between schools and universities.

However if you go to page 22 of the report itself, you'll find data of clusters/outbreaks they've traced to education over a period of three weeks. Of 370 identified clusters, only 31 were related to universities while 290 came from primary or secondary schools. 134 of those in primary, so it's hardly massively skewed to older pupils either.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/921561/Weekly_COVID19_Surveillance_Report_week_39_FINAL.pdf

The most significant form of transmission is still between people who live in the same household as you'd expect, followed by household visits which proves that restrictions there will help, but it's clear that in those three weeks at least schools were the biggest factor in people taking infections into households in the first place.

If only it had been possible to predict that schools would be responsible for an increase in cases, or deduce this from the increase in cases which perfectly correlated with the return of schools.

Edited by Dunning1874

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

England only figures so can't say for sure if it's the same in Scotland, however.

Ei_VN9TWAAAji3k.jpeg.thumb.jpg.c1c70dcf90e533e12d1bac83cf0d2a0d.jpg

Of those 772 cases, 341 were related to education - this doesn't distinguish between schools and universities.

However if you go to page 22 of the report itself, you'll find data of clusters/outbreaks they've traced to education over a period of three weeks. Of 370 identified clusters, only 31 were related to universities while 290 came from primary or secondary schools. 134 of those in primary, so it's hardly massively skewed to older pupils either.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/921561/Weekly_COVID19_Surveillance_Report_week_39_FINAL.pdf

The most significant form of transmission is still between people who live in the same household as you'd expect, followed by household visits which proves that restrictions there will help, but it's clear that in those three weeks at least schools were the biggest factor in people taking infections into households in the first place.

If only it had been possible to predict that schools would be responsible for an increase in cases, or deduce this from the increase in cases which perfectly correlated with the return of schools.

@Billy Jean King

It’s not limited to those groups. Non-cohabiting couples are allowed to form an extended household even if they live with others (e.g. their parents, flatmates etc)
This was my understanding too. Surely they can't expect couples to start not seeing each other for weeks on end now?