Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Can you get a carry out after 10pm - the convenience stores where I live shut then & IIRC the supermarkets block the aisles at that time too?

It’s been a long time since I went to one of these, but does anyone know if they still have those early morning boozers? Most of them you have to go through the rigmarole of ordering ( sometimes taking abite of) a manky supermarket own brand bacon roll to satisfy licence requirements when getting a drink?
If so it would solve this 10 pm curfew

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Journalists down south beginning to figure out the fact that schools are a major driving factor. Will any politician admit they got it wrong when they bowed to some pressure groups on the schools issue?

I notice that it is fine for 16, 17 and 18 year old kids at school to be in the same class with little distancing but the same ages at colleges and uni must remain locked away separately because their mixing is such a high risk. Staggering.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Journalists down south beginning to figure out the fact that schools are a major driving factor. Will any politician admit they got it wrong when they bowed to some pressure groups on the schools issue?

I notice that it is fine for 16, 17 and 18 year old kids at school to be in the same class with little distancing but the same ages at colleges and uni must remain locked away separately because their mixing is such a high risk. Staggering.

That's very inconvenient.

Do you have anything better to back this up other than official government data?

Close the pubs at 8pm imo.

Billy Porter Do Not Want GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

24 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

It’s been a long time since I went to one of these, but does anyone know if they still have those early morning boozers? Most of them you have to go through the rigmarole of ordering ( sometimes taking abite of) a manky supermarket own brand bacon roll to satisfy licence requirements when getting a drink?
If so it would solve this 10 pm curfew

:offtopic Staying off-topic when I was a student back in the 80s there were bars round the Gallowgate that stayed open well past midnight and when they closed you could move onto early morning establishments at the Fruitmarket and "do the 24". :offtopic

PS - Despite a half-hearted attempt once, I never did.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

A good number of students quitting their Halls of Residence to return home.

Theres are also a good number of students from abroad who attended Glasgow Uni, many have already left.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18751697.coronavirus-mass-exodus-students-locked-university-accommodation/

Shambles.

Interesting that some of the students only learned that their lessons would be held online after they had traveled distances to get to the Universities.

It was billed as a mixture.

That successfully filled the halls.  

It annoys me when you hear people pressing for all learning to be on-line, as if that's the frigging issue.  It already bloody is.  How about putting on some teaching provision, at least for those not living at the parental home?  That way, there's a point to them being there, and they might actually meet some people on their courses.

It's an absolute joke that attending socially distanced, tiny classes is deemed too unsafe to bother arranging, but sticking hundreds of them close together under a roof to live is considered ok.

Wellbeing contact in Glasgow, is still not happening in the way they claimed it was in their e-mail yesterday, the one carried by the press.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

17 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

And everything that has been attempted to stop the spread has increased the death toll.

All restrictions need to be removed and let folk get on with life.  The epidemic ended weeks ago. 

You can go and f**k yourself.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That's very inconvenient.

Do you have anything better to back this up other than official government data?

Still, I'm sure that the snippy parent brigade who were demanding EVIDENCE and FACTS in addition to, erm, the rudimentary logic and reason needed to predict this obvious wave in advance will now completely reverse their stance. What with their argument having been made in good faith and not from the desire to just punt their weans out of the house at any cost. 

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Still, I'm sure that the snippy parent brigade who were demanding EVIDENCE and FACTS in addition to, erm, the rudimentary logic and reason needed to predict this obvious wave in advance will now completely reverse their stance. What with their argument having been made in good faith and not from the desire to just punt their weans out of the house at any cost. 

I want to hear from Billie Jean.

TELEMMGLPICT000202196691_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqhsC7iIX843hqYeewSbgQ0R3mQSE8Kl3uig4muDFQBQg.thumb.jpeg.cd0d4aee50027b91e39e046f01ac9e67.jpeg

Been monitoring Turkey very closely as I'm meant to be flying out there on Saturday.

They seem to have got a grip of things there - daily infection numbers have been falling all week.

Yesterday's and today's figures were the lowest daily figures since 28 August.
Family been over there a few times since it kicked off and they are very strict on the mask wearing and distancing, jendarma making visits to bars etc and if any breaches are just shutting them down, where she is it's not a warning its a closure for the day and if the same place does it again its a closure for the season.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Been monitoring Turkey very closely as I'm meant to be flying out there on Saturday.

They seem to have got a grip of things there - daily infection numbers have been falling all week.

Yesterday's and today's figures were the lowest daily figures since 28 August.

So they say...

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

And everything that has been attempted to stop the spread has increased the death toll.

All restrictions need to be removed and let folk get on with life.  The epidemic ended weeks ago. 

Hang on, I thought it was a casedemic and infections are rising. Your hot take in the face of these stats is to remove restrictions? 

How much would the rates be rising if we had no restrictions? We're about to find out in Florida - will wait for that data I think before advocating binning everything 👍