Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Number of hospitalised Covid cases in Scotland has doubled in 2 weeks. 99 as of today albeit “only” 11 of those in ICU. 11.5% of those tested yesterday were positive. More than 700 cases confirmed in a day. Time to stock up on wine again ☹️.

My MiL is back in icu - they say its more of a safety measure given its the holiday weekend, rather than she is desperately in need of icu care. I think they had capacity and felt it best for her there. So icu at hairmyres anyway isn't struggling with covid cases as yet. Crazy to think 5 months ago she'd just have been papped home. 

Had to get the two weans (AHVE GOAT TWO WAINS BUT) tested yesterday, thankfully adding a couple of numbers to the negative test side (you're welcome covid deniers) 

My MiL is back in icu - they say its more of a safety measure given its the holiday weekend, rather than she is desperately in need of icu care. I think they had capacity and felt it best for her there. So icu at hairmyres anyway isn't struggling with covid cases as yet. Crazy to think 5 months ago she'd just have been papped home. 
Had to get the two weans (AHVE GOAT TWO WAINS BUT) tested yesterday, thankfully adding a couple of numbers to the negative test side (you're welcome covid deniers) 

Not great. Again, fingers crossed for you all.

Hope your MiL does well. I’m presuming with what you’ve said she hasn’t as yet needed to be on a ventilator. If so, very much hope that remains the case going forward.

Edit to add the ICUs in Scotland currently have good capacity and indeed better capacity than pre-pandemic. Hopefully that remains the case but the current trends are to me a concern. I absolutely get that we are a long way from the levels of admissions seen earlier in the year but I am concerned by recent figures albeit accepting that increases were largely predictable.

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:
31 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
Which house did they choose? 

Some guy with a swanky house up the road, got an invite but not into boxing that much or covid come to mention it.

^^^ also fooling nobody

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

We’ve got all these restrictions for 11 people in ICU?

It really not tough to work it out. 

Any measure you put in place will take 14 days to give an indication if its worked. That's why we need to act now and can't just wait for hospital admissions / the corpse producing process does its tang. But surely to christ people get that by now? 

Edited by madwullie

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Hope your MiL does well. I’m presuming with what you’ve said she hasn’t as yet needed to be on a ventilator. If so, very much hope that remains the case going forward.

Edit to add the ICUs in Scotland currently have good capacity and indeed better capacity than pre-pandemic. Hopefully that remains the case but the current trends are to me a concern. I absolutely get that we are a long way from the levels of admissions seen earlier in the year but I am concerned by recent figures albeit accepting that increases were largely predictable.

Cheers mate, yeah no sign of a ventilator as yet and she's sitting up talking and stuff, but won't be happy till she's properly out the woods - can deteriorate pretty quickly with this shit if you're one of the unlucky ones. 

She doesnt have any underlying conditions apart from being an old bat, so hoping that works in her favour 🤞 

Edited by madwullie

12 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

The job of the police is to police. They are not qualified to make health statements nor do they have the right to do so.

The people at this demonstration clearly don’t agree with him and indeed, will think the exact opposite.

Landlords didn't agree with Land Reform Law or think Mao had the right to collectivise their property either, but that was tough shit.

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

DM me the address I'll do it myself

It got broken up around 1 am after another neighbour went and shouted at them. The host had posted on the communal Facebook page at 10 pm saying he required wood urgently as well. 

23 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

So eh, the 'NHS' English app is supposed to let you upload details of a test result, for the obvious reason that if you've tested positive it can alert other app users and so on. You know, the whole point of exercise. However:

If you've had your test carried out  by Public Health England, the ONS or the fucking National Health Service itself it can't be linked with the app. Only if the private sector has carried it out.

The UK is a fundamentally ridiculous failed state.

Kinda pointless system, then. 

On 25/09/2020 at 22:55, Monkey Tennis said:

That completely aligns with my own reading of the Glasgow picture as a parent.

Mine is doing fine so far, but it's early days.  Nothing about the university's response has been impressive.  

It must be a worry, I wouldn't like any of my grandchildren to be in that situation.

16 hours ago, Empty It said:
16 hours ago, Snafu said:

Covid: Anti-restrictions protest 'being shut down' over lack of social distancing

The Met Police are shutting down an anti-coronavirus restrictions protest in London because crowds have "not complied" with social distancing rules.
At least three protesters and one officer were treated by medical staff, after clashes with police.
Thousands had gathered in Trafalgar Square to protest against government rules, with very few wearing masks.
Protests are exempt from the rule-of-six restrictions, but demonstrators must social distance.
Organisers must also submit a risk assessment.
Rules in England limit indoor and outdoor gatherings to six people, with some exceptions.
Officers penned the crowd in Trafalgar Square as water and bottles were thrown at them by demonstrators - with some chanting "pick your side".
Police removed sound equipment and used batons against protesters, leaving some with visible injuries. Several protesters were led away in handcuffs.
The majority of demonstrators in Trafalgar Square have now been dispersed by police but the Met said some had moved to Hyde Park.
Demonstrators were asked to leave and the force said anyone who stayed could be subject to enforcement.
In a statement, the Met said: "Crowds in Trafalgar Square have not complied with the conditions of their risk assessment and are putting people in danger of transmitting the virus.
"This has voided their risk assessment and we have informed the event organisers they are no longer exempt from the regulations.
"By leaving now, you can keep yourself safe and avoid any enforcement action being taken by officers," the statement added.
Earlier, police confiscated a makeshift riot shield from one man.
_114621433_tv063525144.jpg&key=aac5c7cce037ad10db1d271a610384d30bbed603caabd4dd1baeceafa86a3993
The "we do not consent" rally comes a week after a separate event which saw more than a dozen officers injured when a "small minority" targeted police and more than 32 arrests were made.
Commander Ade Adelekan, who is leading the Met operation, previously said that while there was "great frustration" at the regulations, they were designed to keep people safe from the virus.
"By flagrantly gathering in large numbers and ignoring social distancing, you are putting your health and the health of your loved ones at risk," he said.
He added that he would not tolerate police being targeted during protests and officers would "respond quickly to any scenes of violence".
11850607.jpg?type=article-full&key=2fb55507378f83d0421bc57c2cccf585be3bef937281b6e5af41f02ab43734d0

And we're not allowed to socially distance at the football whilst these freaks gather in their masses.

Reported for sectarianism...

15 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

I note that the guy in charge of the police operation today said this:

"By flagrantly gathering in large numbers and ignoring social distancing, you are putting your health and the health of your loved ones at risk," he said. 

What qualifications does this policeman have to make this statement? What right does he have to abuse his position in making such a statement?

The job of the police is to police. They are not qualified to make health statements nor do they have the right to do so.

The people at this demonstration clearly don’t agree with him and indeed, will think the exact opposite.

And what health qualifications do they have?