Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Genuinely interested, outside of something like medicine or law I guess, where are you encountering this as the predominant attitude?

Loads of office jobs for one!

12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Bayern fans immediately showing why football will struggle to have fans back, when Lewendoski scored (var ruled offside so didn’t stand) you saw fans in the background running down the stairs to celebrate near the pitch, in groups. 

Idiots. I hate that kind of celebration anyway (total herd nonsense) but to do so now is absolutely brainless.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, Wee Willie said:
I downloaded this from a forum and I’ve ticked my symptoms.
Any medical folk here who can tell me what my ailment is.
It would save me making an appointment with my doctor.
BTW I’ve been sneezing each summer for the last 5 years so I’m assuming it’s hay fever.
And I was a heavy smoker for over 60 years but I stopped 8 years ago.
symptom.jpg.f79b0f63e4b637c53a33965192db5186.jpg

RIP Wee Wille.

I demand a second opinion

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Bad AIDS IMO

FFS I want a third opinion

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No idea where you got that from but it's bollocks. The accepted diagnostic symptoms for Covid19 are persistent cough, fever and/or change in taste and smelling senses. If you have a runny nose and you're sneezing you've probably got a cold and/or maybe hay fever. Unless you get to the point of being nearly unable to breathe for continually coughing, in which case phone 999, a  Covid test wouldn't do you much good, they'd just tell you to isolate which you already are.

No idea where you got that from - I downloaded this from a forum.

Any vets care tae diagnose me? I mean the animal kind and no the sodjers

2 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

People coming to P&B for medical advice will never fail to be hilarious to me. Are you not in your 70s or something Willie? Go to a fucking doctor if you're worried!

Will somebody tell that boy Ronaldo...

.symptom.jpg.292fff92890eb03421667e6fc7178753.jpg

It's an effing joke!

Although I get these symptoms I've ticked but no all at the same time.

Turns out the pubs ban for students is just this weekend
Are students that still live at home with their parents 'barred' from pubs at the weekend?

Are mature students that live in their own home 'barred' from pubs at the weekend?

What about students that work in pubs?

Back of a fag packet stuff, this.

3 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Are students that still live at home with their parents 'barred' from pubs at the weekend?

Are mature students that live in their own home 'barred' from pubs at the weekend?

Should surely just be anyone who has been on campus, lecturers etc included. 

3 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Not really. It's pretty obviously aimed at those living in halls of residence and those who have been on campus mingling with others.

Not really. It's pretty obviously aimed at those living in halls of residence and those who have been on campus mingling with others.
I agree, but the 'rules' on Universities Scotland website doesn't make it crystal clear, which will inevitably lead to questions being asked and the whole thing turning into more of a circus than it has already become.

Also, how can they require all students to download the Protect Scotland app?

https://www.universities-scotland.ac.uk/preventing-spread-of-coronavirus-in-universities/

A pretty small percentage of degrees are reliant on the job graduates go on to get. It’s basically a sheet of paper that shows perspective employers that you can stick at something for four years.

I don't know what industries you guys are in but every job I have ever had and the jobs all my mates have that require degrees are directly applicable to the job e.g. engineers, lawyers, doctors, social work and teachers 

Obviously your core ones are needed to work in the professions you have listed, but there are a million and one others that are completely unnecessary in order to simply secure a half decent job. I studied Business Management at university and got a graduate job working in a start-up entrepreneurial unit.

I got my current job basically because I had went to university. The first line of the job description (Essential) was “Educated to Degree Level or equivalent.”

I write code. I had never written code at university, or really even touched upon it in my workplace prior to getting my job tbh.

17 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I agree, but the 'rules' on Universities Scotland website doesn't make it crystal clear, which will inevitably lead to questions being asked and the whole thing turning into more of a circus than it has already become.

Also, how can they require all students to download the Protect Scotland app?

https://www.universities-scotland.ac.uk/preventing-spread-of-coronavirus-in-universities/

You could make it part of their behaviour standards for being affiliated the university: if they don't want to do it then they can leave. I'd say that anyone who is working within a large organisation should be obliged to use the contract tracing app right now, instead of all these 'but.... mah battery!!!111!!' bullshit excuses being tolerated. No app in active use = a truncheon in the face.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I see on the Championship thread someone saying the UK Gov have told the FA they arent getting any money. What's going to happen when someone emotive like folks football teams start going under.

I know the Premiership and the FA are separate but it has been pointed out that Chelsea just spunked 200 million quid on transfers so perhaps giving money to football would not be seen as a priority in Government circles. 

Also the luvvies have been asking for a large handout recently and they're likely to say the Arts are more important than football to the heritage of the nation.

On 14/09/2020 at 23:18, tamthebam said:

Watching students arrive back over the weekend I'm slightly concerned that cases might shoot up in Edinburgh.

Still as long as Tarquin and Cressida Home-Counties get to complete their important media studies degrees who cares?

Gosh, I got that one wrong... :rolleyes: