Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, TheGoon said:

I’m probably being dense here, but if in 3 weeks there’s some evidence of the virus being under control or cases going backwards, are they really going to turn around and just let us in each other’s households again right away?

Probably not, but you could go to the cinema with 3 households, go to a restaurant with 5 (five) households, take 4 households with you to the gym etc, but do not go in to there homes.

I’m probably being dense here, but if in 3 weeks there’s some evidence of the virus being under control or cases going backwards, are they really going to turn around and just let us in each other’s households again right away?
Yeah, i agree.

There's no way we'll go straight back - especially with England sticking to a much longer timetable

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

In today's least surprising news:

Outbreak in Glasgow university student accommodation. 

Bit of a nightmare.

My daughter just got there last week and someone in her flat has tested positive.  A great start to living away from home sees her confined to her flat for the next fortnight, a period which will include her 18th Birthday.  

I dont know if there is a writer, or speaker alive who can accurately portray how much of a minter Boris Johnson is.

The whole concept of "Boris Johnson", up to and including a country electing him their leader, and why the f**k he hasnt been Ceausescu'd is on the same scale of comprehension for me as the size of the Universe, or the concept of time.

I feel like I am living in one of Limmys sketches where he is utterly puzzled by something, like the Pitbull one for example, and I must be seeing a different existence to all these folk who got up one day, and left the house using actual effort, to vote for that man to be in charge of the country.

And even IF you can twist your brain around the scale of the minter before you, you would be blindsided by folk who watch Nicola Sturgeon standing leagues above this man, and reacting with "AH FUCKING HATE WEE NIPPY!!!!@!"

Inflexible from Johnson - basically here's your lot and behave. Surprisingly Sturgeon being less stern sounding and offering the three week review - it won't change anything unless a miracle happens, but at least there's the straw to clutch at. 

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

What channel was Nicola’s speech on? Went on iPlayer and all they had was Boris’ 

Same channel, straight after. Sneaky SNP trick to make Boris look like the second rate Churchill impersonator he is.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know if there is a writer, or speaker alive who can accurately portray how much of a minter Boris Johnson is.

The whole concept of "Boris Johnson", up to and including a country electing him their leader, and why the f**k he hasnt been Ceausescu'd is on the same scale of comprehension for me as the size of the Universe, or the concept of time.

I feel like I am living in one of Limmys sketches where he is utterly puzzled by something, like the Pitbull one for example, and I must be seeing a different existence to all these folk who got up one day, and left the house using actual effort, to vote for that man to be in charge of the country.

And even IF you can twist your brain around the scale of the minter before you, you would be blindsided by folk who watch Nicola Sturgeon standing leagues above this man, and reacting with "AH FUCKING HATE WEE NIPPY!!!!@!"

He got Brexit done though...

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Professor peach getting angry on bbc

No fucking wonder.

Asked, yet again, "why can I see mum in the pub but not in her house?"

Anyone not getting the difference by now must be being deliberately obtuse, they can't be THAT thick*. It's been explained so many times.

*I appreciate that Rebecca Curran was the interviewer, she could be that thick.

No fucking wonder.
Anyone not getting the difference by now must be being deliberately obtuse, they can't be THAT thick*. It's been explained so many times.

Youre right, first time I've seen him angry tbh.

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

No fucking wonder.

People are fucking idiots.

I'd trust less than half the population to be able to count the moon.

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

No fucking wonder.

I was watching Politics Live earlier, after they showed Johnson in Parliament. I was thinking that interviewers at the moment seem to think that asking the same question or making the same point over and over, even when there is a fairly obvious answer, seems to be the way they are going now. 

The interviewer on Politics Live was asking why England can’t do things now that it used to be able to, and kept shouting that it was inconsistent, rather than it being obvious that advice changes as the Information does. I *almost* felt sorry for the Tory having to answer it .

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Professor peach getting angry on bbc

He was given a grilling by the presenter. I've never seen him questioned like that before.

Quite enjoyed it tbqhwy.

She still managed to avoid asking him to address the school-shaped elephant in the room though.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

He was given a grilling by the presenter. I've never seen him given that kind of questioning before.

Quite enjoyed it tbqhwy.

Despite all the tub thumping and Scotland is great stuff you can’t hide the fact that our death rate is amongst the highest in Europe. They might have acted professionally but have made terrible decisions. They need to be grilled. I realise that so much of it is out of their hands but let’s not praise  the response. Let’s ask the tough questions.