Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

And just like the "it's every English man's right to drink in a pub", the fat f**k destroys ant other message he may be "trying" to get across. 

Whether you agree with tougher measures or not, it's utterly pointless to announce tougher measures with the caveat that those you are asking to follow them shouldn't be restricted like this. 

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Maybe mentioned but regarding the bubble can I still go see my parents or is it sit in a garden job? 

I missed the announcement from Sturgeon, but would like to find this out. 

Complication being that my folks are up in Scotland, and I'm in Englandshire. 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So hillwalking alright?

Cinema and my fives seem alright ?

Maybe mentioned but regarding the bubble can I still go see my parents or is it sit in a garden job? 

Are you in a bubble with parents. If so you are grand. If not you have to sit in their garden.

Everything else is party time.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So hillwalking alright?

Cinema and my fives seem alright ?

Unless you need to care for them, garden/outdoors. 

The most pertinent question in my mind that has to be asked is 'What is the end game with this?'

There seems to be a feeling that most, if not all eggs are being placed in the vaccine basket with even the previous biggest sceptic of the viability of a Vaccine, Neil Whitty now seemingly changing his tune and softening to one being made available in the relatively near future.....but what if this is not viable? What if a vaccine never comes to fruition?

There's not a lot being said or done to reassure folk that in the event of a vaccine failing, we can live and function with the virus in society and this, to me, is a massive question....probably the biggest one that has to be addressed.

Loosening and tightening of restrictions cannot, should not and will not go on forever. In 12-18 months time folk are going to largely ignore advice and live their lives around it like all manner of other infectious diseases they may catch in their everyday lives, as government advice without an actual exit strategy will more and more just be a case of keeping the wolf from the door rather than proactively getting rid of the problem.

Edited by djchapsticks

Are you in a bubble with parents. If so you are grand. If not you have to sit in their garden.
Everything else is party time.

What makes a ‘bubble’ again? Does one of the households have to be one person or can a household of 2 meet another household of 2 indoors?

This is just another stop on a road to further restrictions as long as they stick with schools being open in current format.

The "av goat two weans" mob will be on here in a few weeks time telling us that case numbers are continuing to rise because people somewhere must not be following the rules, and schools aren't at fault cause "the wee man husny hud it".

13 minutes ago, madwullie said:

And just like the "it's every English man's right to drink in a pub", the fat f**k destroys ant other message he may be "trying" to get across. 

Whether you agree with tougher measures or not, it's utterly pointless to announce tougher measures with the caveat that those you are asking to follow them shouldn't be restricted like this. 

This is likely why Sweden was more successful than the UK in dealing with COVID. Their population, despite not officially being locked down, largely stayed at home because they are sensible. There was mention about this in Private Eye recently.

IMG_20200922_130744.thumb.jpg.f4349c13f4a6a1140db63a236b2b8d39.jpg

IMG_20200922_130749.thumb.jpg.e3b18e691d2d76a3bde9fc203e3cfd80.jpg

IMG_20200922_130755.thumb.jpg.d4f9fe3f75d5ec716d19a76c6a23588f.jpg