Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The gammon love Matt Lucas cause of all his stereotype characters. They lost the plot when "Come Fly With Me" was catching some heat a few months ago.

"You know, he's alright for one of 'them'..."

Are Boris addressing parliament in 5 mins.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

9 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Looking forward to gammon Twitter 🇬🇧 suddenly becoming huge Bake Off fans tonight before realising who the hosts are...

bake-off-t.thumb.jpg.201e7ef0abc1ef4119b0534afd2eaed1.jpg

Lockdown has not been kind to Sandi Toksvig.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

The closing of schools does give me the fear as a dad to a 13 year old son. He generally does well in School but the Lockdown months were a nightmare for him, it was obvious to me that Teacher interaction was critical for him. He's now started 2nd year and from a conversation with his head of year, he's striving again in what is a very important year for him so I am happy for that.

My fear now is a school shut down and the blended learning approach kicks in, this could have a huge impact on his education. I'm not a Teacher and I struggled to keep him going, my wife is a Nursery Teacher but she could only work with what the Teachers were supplying and mostly it was BBC Bitesize stuff which unfortunately stopped during the English holidays at Easter rather than the Scottish holidays. My son lived with his Mum for a week then with me for a week, I was finding out that he wasn't doing any homework at all whilst at his Mums and even was sending blank documents in so when I checked his Glow / Teams account it looked like it had been done, but what he didn't know was I was in constant dialogue with his head of year who informed me of his wee trick... My son is a bright lad but needs pushed and his teachers are brilliant at that. 

Adam makes a good point earlier about the effects on his WFH. I also had that same issue but I was lucky my wife was able to step in and help with my son but my work did suffer as my Daughter was at home and not at nursery, she's 2 so demanded a lot of attention. I'm now ever thankful that my son is at School and my daughter is at Nursery again, not just for me being able to work, or my son to get an education, but for their social wellbeing - it was a horrible few months for them.

Hopefully these other measures work but I'm not holding my breath. Whatever policies are put forward, I honestly hope they are made with Childrens Education and Mental Wellbeing in mind.

2 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

The closing of schools does give me the fear as a dad to a 13 year old son. He generally does well in School but the Lockdown months were a nightmare for him, it was obvious to me that Teacher interaction was critical for him. He's now started 2nd year and from a conversation with his head of year, he's striving again in what is a very important year for him so I am happy for that.

My fear now is a school shut down and the blended learning approach kicks in, this could have a huge impact on his education. I'm not a Teacher and I struggled to keep him going, my wife is a Nursery Teacher but she could only work with what the Teachers were supplying and mostly it was BBC Bitesize stuff which unfortunately stopped during the English holidays at Easter rather than the Scottish holidays. My son lived with his Mum for a week then with me for a week, I was finding out that he wasn't doing any homework at all whilst at his Mums and even was sending blank documents in so when I checked his Glow / Teams account it looked like it had been done, but what he didn't know was I was in constant dialogue with his head of year who informed me of his wee trick... My son is a bright lad but needs pushed and his teachers are brilliant at that. 

Adam makes a good point earlier about the effects on his WFH. I also had that same issue but I was lucky my wife was able to step in and help with my son but my work did suffer as my Daughter was at home and not at nursery, she's 2 so demanded a lot of attention. I'm now ever thankful that my son is at School and my daughter is at Nursery again, not just for me being able to work, or my son to get an education, but for their social wellbeing - it was a horrible few months for them.

Hopefully these other measures work but I'm not holding my breath. Whatever policies are put forward, I honestly hope they are made with Childrens Education and Mental Wellbeing 

Console yourself with the knowledge that the extended f**k about session before summer wasn't blended learning as it is imagined now. 

Kids will still be at school around 2/5 of the week if the plans that were in place end up being used. Also, the onus won't be on the parent to find / deliver work to the kid. That was a rushed together shambles that literally noone thinks worked. That won't be what future blended learning looks like. 

More likely, the teacher teaches a concept 2 days, supplies work and revision materials, and the pupil completes them at home rather than sitting in a class, and takes them / hands them in online. It won't be as simplistic as this but it will be along these linesm

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

When I go into the pub I get my temperature checked by the bar staff with one of those hand held thermometer things* If I have a high temperature, a Covid symptom, I presume I'll be sent away

Are they doing the same thing in schools? I don't know how much these thermometers cost but teachers could check pupil's temperatures at class registration in the morning easily enough.

*If you're an anti-masker they're actually for implanting suggestions into your brain.

Must..buy..The Daily Mail... Must... support....Clyde....

There’s a lot of debate about whether or not the temp checks actually do any good or not. Reports say that folk being temp checked have been “ok” , yet they’ve actually had asymptomatic covid 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Console yourself with the knowledge that the extended f**k about session before summer wasn't blended learning as it is imagined now. 

Kids will still be at school around 2/5 of the week if the plans that were in place end up being used. Also, the onus won't be on the parent to find / deliver work to the kid. That was a rushed together shambles that literally noone thinks worked. That won't be what future blended learning looks like. 

More likely, the teacher teaches a concept 2 days, supplies work and revision materials, and the pupil completes them at home rather than sitting in a class, and takes them / hands them in online. It won't be as simplistic as this but it will be along these linesm

I'm hoping it works, it's more the contact teaching during doing that coursework and if the Teachers are readily available to be approached as and when required.

"A month ago, on average, around 1000 people across the UK were testing positive for coronavirus every day. The latest figures have almost quadrupled..."

Any idea of what might have changed in the last six weeks to have caused this huge increase in Covid cases?

Think Which One GIF

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Just now, keithgy said:

My grand daughter has had a temperature for the past 2 days and was sent home from nursery,they have said for her to be tested so i now have self isolate until the test results come back.

Hope she's OK.