Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I've had a b*****d of a cold since Thursday thats still not lifted, and heading back to work tomorrow after having today off. 99% sure its just a cold as I've not had a high temperature, a dry cough, or loss of smell/taste, while I have had a runny nose. 

Can't wait to get the evils if I have to cough or sneeze at any point.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've had a b*****d of a cold since Thursday thats still not lifted, and heading back to work tomorrow after having today off. 99% sure its just a cold as I've not had a high temperature, a dry cough, or loss of smell/taste, while I have had a runny nose. 

If you have a new continuous cough (it doesn't specify which type of cough):

You should stay at home for 10 days, from the day your symptoms started.

Any household members without symptoms should stay at home for 14 days, from the day your symptoms started.

Anyone with symptoms of coronavirus should be tested.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/self-help-guides/self-help-guide-coronavirus-covid-19

Please think of others.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If you have a new persistent cough:

https://www.nhsinform.scot/self-help-guides/self-help-guide-coronavirus-covid-19

Please think of others.

Just been going off this...

20200921_221727.thumb.jpg.6029ef8703a1018edb07189d5e554288.jpg

I have none, as I only cough for about a second.

And this...

Screenshot_20200921-221813_Chrome.jpg.5a99e75249d770ea58706c928ed0c0e3.jpg

... I spent all weekend sneezing.

So I'm safe as far as that goes.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Politician 😂 he’s a dentist to trade. In 2021 he’ll be on one of these trashy “I’m a celeb” type shows. The mans an absolutely mark for himself (one for the wrestling fans) 

Leitch graduated in dentistry from the University of Glasgow in 1991. He became a Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons (England) in 1996.

He has a doctorate from the University of Glasgow (2004), a Masters in Public Health from Harvard University (2006) and is a fellow of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (2004) and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2004). He is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2004).

He was a 2005-06 Quality Improvement Fellow at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), in Boston, sponsored by the Health Foundation, he is now a Senior Fellow at the IHI.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You should get a test to rule it out.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just been going off this...

20200921_221727.thumb.jpg.6029ef8703a1018edb07189d5e554288.jpg

I have none, as I only cough for about a second.

And this...

Screenshot_20200921-221813_Chrome.jpg.5a99e75249d770ea58706c928ed0c0e3.jpg

... I spent all weekend sneezing.

So I'm safe as far as that goes.

Having a runny nose and sneezing a bit doesn't sound like a "b*****d of a cold". Have you coughed more than 3 times in 24 hours?

If you have a new cough you should get tested imo.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I would say the opposite. Better not to be a time waster, especially when he is symptomless. And when there are already problems with testing capacity.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
12 hours ago, Aladdin said:
There are legitimate worries about the lack of parliamentary oversight of the infringement of civil liberties but the extent to which people buy into the conspiracies is crazy.

They dont even make sense and I'm yet to hear what Bill Gates and George Soros intend to do with us all when directing us via 5G controlled implants delivered via mandatory COVID vaccination.

5G basestations

I read that as 5G BABEstations 

I suppose it would pass the time during lockdown...

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

NHS inform tells me not to...

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Having a runny nose and sneezing a bit doesn't sound like a "b*****d of a cold". Have you coughed more than 3 times in 24 hours?

If you have a new cough you should get tested imo.

I've coughed more than 3 times a day, but its just a one off cough each time, not a coughing fit.

I got norovirus a few years ago and ever since any wee bug has savaged me tbh, even before we knew about Covid I had a cold knocking me out for a week.

I don't really see the point of shutting at 10. People will just start drinking earlier. When people leave public transport will still be up and running so people will get on a bus and potentially spread Covid to twenty people rather than getting in a taxi with one other person. It seems an exercise in appearing to be doing something. Also every off licence will still be open so people will be more likely to get some cans and go to each others' houses.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Pubs and restaurants will have to shut at 10pm from Thursday in England. 

It's not that long since they had to close in the afternoon as well. It was hell.

Edited by welshbairn