Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Quite. However the Us for Them vocal minority managed to get their way in July.

It won't happen this time.

That Us for Them lot are absolutely nuts.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Doesn't matter how much they've been moaning about it. Teachers will refuse to work through their holidays, and quite right too.

It's OK less important local govt workers like youth workers will give up their holidays like they did at Easter and through summer whilst the nation's sweethearts get a well earned rest after 6 weeks work.

5 hours ago, Steven W said:

He said the same the week before actually. And furthermore that we'll get to a point where we have mass crowds at football matches.

In fairness, he's the only politician in Scotland I've heard actually concede that there will be an end to this. To listen to his gaffer, you'd think this is it forever.

He gets a rough ride on this forum (because the good folks of P&B know better), but its to his credit he goes on Off the Ball every Saturday like that

Politician 😂 he’s a dentist to trade. In 2021 he’ll be on one of these trashy “I’m a celeb” type shows. The mans an absolutely mark for himself (one for the wrestling fans) 

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What are other European countries doing regarding schools?

Germany: In Berlin, one of the first places to reopen schools in the country, at least 42 schools out of the 825 that reopened reported COVID-19 cases within the first two weeks of reopening. Hundreds of students and teachers had to quarantine. (German model has gone for more of a full capacity)

Norway: Reopening but with pupils coming in at different times of the day, not all at once, smaller class sizes as well, which leads to desks being more distanced from each other....(so not 33 in a room)

Overall: Of the 22 countries across Europe where schools have reopened in waves over the last month, 17 have only allowed children to return to 'kindergarten' settings, primary schools and final years of secondary level, so much more restricted than Scotland in 77% of European countries.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's OK less important local govt workers like youth workers will give up their holidays like they did at Easter and through summer whilst the nation's sweethearts get a well earned rest after 6 weeks work.

The nation's sweethearts 😉😉 must have missed that....also its a 9 week term at present, not six...and it was teachers who staffed the hub schools during lockdown, not youth workers.

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Do youth workers get a contractually stipulated holiday in October?

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Politician 😂 he’s a dentist to trade. In 2021 he’ll be on one of these trashy “I’m a celeb” type shows. The mans an absolutely mark for himself (one for the wrestling fans) 

Why are you seething over a health professional offering advice in a health crisis?

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The nation's sweethearts 😉😉 must have missed that....also its a 9 week term at present, not six...and it was teachers who staffed the hub schools during lockdown, not youth workers.

I know exactly who staffed them in my local authority. During Easter they were open 8-6. Teachers only worked 9-3. YWs worked 8-9 and 3-6. Teachers could also do a maximum of 2 days.

In summer HTs and year heads were in the hubs but it was YWs and active schools workers who took the kids.

Anyway  I was being tongue in cheek. Everyone is entitled to their contractually agreed holidays 

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm not a wrestling fan

13 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Why are you seething over a health professional offering advice in a health crisis?

I've not been in this thread much lately but isn't a thick as f**k tinfoil-hatter?

I believe Todd’s on holiday so I suppose someone has to man the fort.

35 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With a Masters in Public Health from Harvard. Your "dentist to trade comment" marks you as a member of an other, more elite (in their own minds) branch of medicine. Which one is it?